LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hi, I have finally decided to host my own DC Contest. However, as a friend once told me, "if you’re doing anything, be as professional as you can". So, this is not your ordinary DC Contest, it’s a DESIGNER Contest. Each weekend, I’ll post my challenge for the week, and each contestant will then have the whole week-days to carefully plan and design his cards, and by saturday they must be in my PM Inbox here. Then, the following week, each day I’ll lay out each applicants cards with in-depth analysis (that’s right, there WON’T be any voting), and grades they received for the cards (I’ll go over the grading system in a while). "But no voting? What’s the fun in that?" Well, you might be asking yourself that, and here’s my answer: you’ll be facing the most tough opponent you’ll ever face in a contest: yourself.
Also, be forewarned, I won’t ask for single cards, but rather sets of cards, so be prepared! Rules might change from one week to another, to better fit the needs of our contestants, so, well, be prepared (again, that’s right, be REALLY prepared).
After MY week of work, laying out analysis on the cards I evaluated, depending on the day I’ve finished (usually, MY deadline will be saturday too, unless otherwise noted, but I’ll try to finish it earlier), THEN you’ll be allowed to post opinions on what I’ve said about the cards, until the next round begins. Make your best effort to convince me WHY I should alter the grading, and you MAY be lucky enough to pull it off, although each one who posts (even if not a contestant) is only allowed to discuss ONE grade, so take your best shot where you think I went wrong.

Here’s the Standard Grading Guide (each grade ranges from 0 to 10):

Card Title (including subtitle, if any): Must be flavorful, story-entwined AND have synergy with the actual card.
Type of Card: Must be adequate for what was requested, or adequate for the ability itself.
Rarity: Must be adequate designed for the rarity it’s supposed to be.
Twilight Cost: Must be adequate to the card’s effect, AND meet eventual requirements.
Stats (if any): Must be adequate for the card itself, according to rarity, costs and abilities.
Abilities (if any): Must be easily realetd to the card, specially the tile (unless otherwise noted), and fit eventual requirements.
Creativity: Being innovative is cool, but be careful not to overpower or underpower a card!
Flavor Text: It’s worth extra points, and does not have to necessarily be extracts from the books, I won’t care for this at all. However, keep in mind which cards SHOULD have flavor text, and make sure it fits the card, or it may actually cost you some points.
Spelling and other Issues: Spelling errors, miswording, confusive wording, utility issues, ability issues, etc.
Consistance: An overall grade, when putting all these elements together and evaluating the card as a whole.
PS: Each week MAY feature different grading stats, but these will always be present.

Now, on to how the Contest will unfold itself (I intend to make this a long and commiting Contest, so it must have some cool stuff in it):
-After 3 chalenges have ellapsed, the contestant with the least total points will be utterly eliminated (so you DO have some time to recover), and the points will be reset.
-Each week, anyone who scores an average 7 on their designs will be awarded a gp by me.
-The best-rated Contestant for the week will ALSO receive a bonus gp.
-The best-rated Contestant before points are reset each time will receive a bonus 3 gp.
-The finallists (depending on how many Contestants, this number WILL vary) will receive an extra gp each.
-The winner, although not much (aside form all the fun and learning), will receive an EXTRA 5 gp, AND I’ll send by mail, as a token for taking part in my contest, a Portuguese version of The One Ring, The Ruling Ring, which is nice to have in a binder, and as a reminder of a long, and hard contest.

That being said, there WILL be an Entry Fee of 1 gp (which is a "small" price, given how much you can earn), so, anyone interested just post here, stating the number showed in my gp count BEFORE "paying" the fee, and the number after (yep, pretty obvious, I know, but to avoid problems...).
I’ll advertise the Contest around, and I’ll close applications after some time (still deciding on the time spam), or after we have a VERY reasonable number of Contestans.
So, let the Challenge begin!!!!!!!!!
Think you’re up for the task?

-Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I will join sounds interesting.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Hazael
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:24 pm
59-60 Cool
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 pm
I’ve been debating the dream card scene, so I guess I found a good place to start and maybe I can learn a lot and get really good at this.

60-61 Twisted Evil
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:33 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Three already! Nice! SoP, you’re still missing the entry-fee post I required... Wink
EDIT; Added the Creativity grading meter, I forgot about it, and it’s one of the most important ones! d'oh!
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:59 pm
First of all, it’s a DC contest, secondly, it’s hosted by you. How could I not join?

62-63

EDIT: The elves will see it done! HAHAHAHAHA
Last edited by elf lvr on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I awarded you mine. Mozilla isn’t working everytime I go back to the home community page or try to award someone a GP it logs me out.

ideas?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:09 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
63-64
Gondor will see it done (omg h4x Dancing )

EDIT- OMG H4X!!!
Last edited by corvus on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:19 am; edited 1 time in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
thonnas7
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:55 am
64-65

Edit: I’m excited about this contest...this is the kind of thing I like.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:14 am
Cool....

65-66
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards