LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
hawkeyespf
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:53 am
--- description ---
This deck is actually designed for the PPE environment, with a Corruption Shadow modeled after an interesting strategy I found elsewhere on these boards -- it is paired with my usual Exertion/Unheeded/Archery Free Peoples.
--- end description ---

ShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElven

WraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauron

35/35
Ringbearer & Ring:
Frodo, Weary From the Journey
The One Ring, Such A Weight To Carry

Starting Fellowship:
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Aragorn, Strider
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
Smeagol, Always Helps

Companions:
Legolas, Woodland Emissary x3
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
Elendil, The Tall
Garrison of Gondor

Followers:
Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor

Possessions:
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
Legolas’ Bow
Elven Bow
Knife of the Galadhrim
Ithilien Blade x2
Ranger’s Cloak
Asfaloth, Elven Steed

Conditions:
Shadowplay x2
Home and Hearth x2
Steward’s Legacy x2
Sixth Level
Fourth Level
The Dead City
Glimpse of Fate

Events:
Unheeded x4
No Travellers In This Land

Minions:
The Mouth of Sauron, Lieutenant of Barad-dur x3
Gorgoroth Stormer x2
Gorgoroth Assassin x4
Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One x3
Ulaire Attea, Second of the Nine Riders
Morgul Vanguard x3

Conditions:
Sense of Obligation x4
Lingering Shadow
Great Siege-towers x2

Events:
The Ring is Mine! x4
Dark Fell About Him
Minas Morgul Answers x2

Possessions:
Grond, Hammer of the Underworld x3

Artifacts:
Ithil Stone x2

Sites:
Abandoned Mine Shaft
Emyn Muil
Pelennor Flat
Slag Mounds
Neekerbreekers’ Bog
Moria Stairway
The Prancing Pony
Damned Gate-stream
Mount Doom

Strategy, Free Peoples:

Ideally, you’ll have at least an Unheeded and Legolas in your opening hand, so that you can take out one 2-vitality minion right off the bat. This side of the deck is designed to minimize the number of skirmishes you have to face, and try to control the size of those minions that do make it that far so that they’ll be as easy as possible to beat.

There are two sides to the wounding strategy of this deck. The first comes in the form of exertions forced on the minions your opponent provides -- exertions that you can take advantage of with either Unheeded or Arwen later on during the skirmish phase. There are several ways of creating these exertions, including:

Shadowplay during the shadow phase
Legolas’ text at the start of the archery phase
Smeagol during the assignment phase
Utilizing Steward’s Legacy by exerting Boromir:
    Dinendal during the maneuver phase
    Ithilien Blade during the first few sites
    Ranger’s Cloak during the skirmish phase
    No Traveller’s during maneuver
    Fourth Level during skirmish
    Sixth Level during regroup (if anybody lasts that long...)

The other side of the wounding strategy is of course the archery phase. With Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow being banned in PPE, other opportunities for archery had to be looked at. I include this version of Legolas for the extra exertion he provides without even being an archer. The fellowship has the potential of putting out 4 pure archery wounds, not counting any exertions provided by Legolas’ text or Boromir’s exertion combo’d with Steward’s Legacy when Dinendal is attached during the maneuver phase.

Skirmishes you have to face shouldn’t be that bad, as you’ve got pretty good control over who you leave alive to be fought. Regardless, Boromir will self-heal each fellowship phase, and should have the Cloak to be able to force a minion to be roaming so that Pippin at least has some effect when you take him back into hand to heal his wounds. Arwen gets a bonus for each wounded minion during her skirmish, so even at a base strength of 6, she can still win many skirmishes. Aragorn and Elendil are the biggest companions in the deck, but as I said, they should be able to handle the minions thrown at them.

Strategy, Shadow:

The goal of this deck is to play all 4 copies of Sense of Obligation, leaving the highest strength companion without one - assuming your opponent has 5 companions plus their RB - and any one minion capable of self-assignment. If you can pull off an Assassin with a couple SoO’s and a Ring is Mine or 2 in your hand, that’s a pretty solid turn.

Yes, this shadow is an auto-loss to condition removal, but the rest of the deck can do alright, especially if you stay behind your opponent and force them through the sites you want. You just never know -- you could pull out that victory at 9 after all!

WraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauronWraithSauron

ShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElvenGollumShireGondorElven
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:57 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
looks solid.
I really can’t see anything that needs to be changed.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard