LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
turkeymk
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:51 pm
Frodo feels an irresistible urge to put on the ring, even though he knows that if he does he’s toast…

The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul x4
Ulaire Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight x4
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x3
Gollum, Dark as Darkness x1
Gollum, Stinker x1
Morgul Skulker x2

Nazgul Sword x3
Fell Beast x3

His Terrible Servants x2

Resistance Becomes Unbearable x4
Wraith-world x4
We Must Have It x4
Return to Its Master x2

Total cards - 37

Variations of this seem popular right now, but here’s my attempt at ringbearer-hate twilight nazzie. I’m avoiding the Dark Fell About Him auto-corruption build (although it and many other cards would be nice here if the deck weren’t big enough already). It’s purely focused on exhausting the ringbearer, making him put on the ring with Resistance Becomes Unbearable, and then winning with Wraith-world or Return to it’s Master. To keep with my strategy and ensure that I can use my twilight nazzie cards, I avoided putting in other versions of Enquea or any of the other ringwraiths. Fell Beast will help with cycling, but I still don’t want to make the deck bigger (unless it‘s with a card-drawing fellowship). Morgul Brute and Morgul Gates are a few of the other cards I’d like to add, but I don’t see anything I could cut to make room for them.

Very open to suggestions. I played a similar deck with some success way back when twilight nazzies first came out, but since then some nice cards like the new pale blade and Gollum, DaD have shown up.
Last edited by turkeymk on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
corvus
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:43 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul x4
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x4
Morgul Skulker x2

The Pale Blade x3
Fell Beast x3

His Terrible Servants x2

Morgul Gates x4
Resistance Becomes Unbearable x2
Wraith-world x2
Return to Its Master x2

This is the old build from what i remember. The elders also oacked 3 brutes when ROTK came out. Ever tried it?
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
turkeymk
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:58 am
That’s similar to mine, but with only 2 Resistance Becomes Unbearable and no Gollum, it’s totally dependant on winning skirmishes with the Witch-king and Enquea. Against Ents, Dwarves, or Elvents they might not win many skirmishes.

I do like how it has 4 Morgul Gates, though.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:41 am
My brother plays a nearly identical deck! but with some differences.

He uses not only DaD but also stinker and instead of captured by the ring, you can use we must have it to make stinker strength +3 to get an additional burden. I think return to its master is not so cool, I’ve tried so hard to use this but it’s very unlikely, I think you could drop one for stinker.

Ah, just a question: where is it wants to be found ??? it’s a must have in any twilight nazgul deck!! I think you should pack 4 and drop at least one pale blade and one fell beast.

Just my 2 cents tho, it’s nice anyway! This deck rocks!
turkeymk
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:23 am
These are tough calls. I originally had It Wants to be Found x4 in the deck, but I had to cut something. Wraith-world adds 3 burdens at a time, so I decided to swing for home runs rather than settle for bunt singles.

I wound up not doing anything with threats (I thought there was a Southron who could remove threats to exert the ringbearer, but I couldn’t find him) so, I think you’re right that We Must Have It would be better for the versatility as a pump. I’ll add one copy of Stinker so I can grab him or DaD depending on the situation.

Return to Its Master is difficult to pull off, but it might be the only way to beat strong skirmishing fellowships who use the 12 resistance Frodo or other resistance increasing stuff. I enjoy the challenge of things that are difficult to pull off. I built a Breached deck once, and successfully pulled it off in 3 out of 4 games.
corvus
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:57 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Yeah, i forgot, that event is a must.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:12 am
I would pull We must Have It for Captured by the ring. Random discarding is to risky. And they’re not assigning threats to the RB, are they? :twsited:

I’d put in some Nazgul Sword. Damage is nice. Maybe Otsea with a Blade tip as well.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
turkeymk
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:38 am
I’ll agree with Nazgul Sword in place of the pale blade for the versatility. I’ve never found the Otsea/blade tip combo to be workable, though (and unlike Return to Its Master, the payoff isn’t an instant win even if you pull it off.

I will only use We Must Have It for a pump if it will allow Stinker to win a skirmish, but the versatility of also being able to pull Gollum is nice.
Shadows
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:06 pm
This is the Twilight Nazzie build I used to play...

I would seriously try to get holdof a couple Morgul brute and fit them in, they will win you so many games.

Total:34

Minions:
The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul x4
Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight x4
Morgul Brute x3
Morgul Skulker x2
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Gollum, Stinker
Possessions:
Fell Beast x4
Events:
Captured by the Ring x4
It Wants to be Found x4
Wraith World x2
Dark fell ABout him

Just pure ring-bearer assault. The morgul brute is just too perfect not to use, I mean 2 pool so it can cycle your hand, and whatever they choose to do it helps your cause, and it they can be recycled with the Morgul Skulker.

I love the fell beast, as fierce Witch-King is just so damn nasty and fierce nazgul is always better.

Gollum, Dark as Darkness is just great fun, and you can grab Gollum, Stinker later in the game.

Dark fell about him is a great surprise card, I mean the ring-bearer will probably end up exhausted, so why not add some extra burdens (especially good if it’s Frodo with a the one ring, the Ring of Doom on ).
macheteman
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:12 pm
i’ve played twilight nazzies from the beginning of my LOTR TCG career. so, i have some knowledge of haw they shoudl work and be built. first, the deck size should be cut down to 35. max. second, get rid of all the gollum cards, twilight nazzies need a lot of focus to work properly. you need 2x ulaire enquea, lieutenant of morgul. return to it’s master should be removed, since it is so specific. the enquea, LoM will kill companions once you have 5 burdens, and then you can bust the game wide open. add the it wants to be found, you need the bunts just as much as the grand slams. you’ll need some more minions, so add otsea, WWiT, and ulaire toldea, messenger of morgul can help out but isn’t necessary. a couple blade tip and lingering shadow can help a lot. you can get rid of his terrible servants if you need more room. a lot of times, the decks ability to cycle is more important than protecting from wounds. especially since you’ll hopefully be draining the twilight pool. morgul brute is awesome, but twilight nazgul can work without it.

to recap, the most important things, pull out the gollum cards, and diversify the minions. and you must add 4x it wants to be found. and get the number of cards down to 35 or less.

hope this helps

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded