LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:18 pm
Ok guys what do you think of this idea. What if a got a list of you guys and we played a tournament over sda. I would give you guys plenty of time to get the software and build and practice with it so that you know what your doing. It would be great if I had experienced sda players helping me to teach the others and get this thing going. So let me know whether you guys think this would be a good idea and whether you would want to play in it or not.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 pm
That sounds like a great idea! A bunch of people would have to get SdA first, though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:22 pm
This I know which is why I asked experienced sda players to help me out.
MySpace
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you can’t download SDA anymore
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:35 pm
I can set it up on a web-hosting site and post the link but I want to see how many will participate first.
MySpace
hawkeyespf
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:57 pm
Personally, I outright refuse to use a program which violates copyright and essentially steals business away from Worlds Apart and, more importantly, Decipher.

World’s Apart’s LotROnline is a great program. Yes, it does cost money to build whatever decks you might dream up, but don’t the physical cards also? There are many players, myself included, who are more than willing to give new players all the commons and uncommons they want, sometimes even rares. While a Tier 1 deck this does not make, it does cut down on the $ one must invest, and there are at least a few No-Rares tournaments each month - the prize support from those tournaments is one of the best ways to increase a collection. There are on-demand tournaments for many formats, including several drafts - again, a GREAT way to build a collection.

I urge anyone who doesn’t already have an account and has the resources (ie, $10) to buy a Starter package and meet me online for a game -- you name the time and I’ll be there waiting with a modified starter. I’ll give you 2 rares from Bloodlines or Hunters (or mix-n-match) just for playing me. Win the game and I’ll give you 3 more.

See you online!

Steve Florent
hawkeyespf/premiereplayer
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:57 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’d consider. Copycat. Razz
I don't like YOU.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:17 pm
"and essentially steals business away from Worlds Apart and, more importantly, Decipher. "

Yeah, I mean it’s not like Decipher’s own business practices aren’t stealing enough money out of their coffers already.

Considering the expense that one already goes through to develop a substantial RW collection, to dedicate the resources to do it once again in a no-return environment (because, no matter what they say, the instant SOE decides to pull the plug on LOTRO, your investment is history) is a needless exercise in futility. LOTR cards are barely worth the cardboard they are printed on at this point- what is the real value of images on a screen, in a fictitous "collection binder", when the lights go off in the server closet at WA?

A year, two years ago, this argument was the same moot point based around the concept that numerous individuals simply had spent enough on real cards, to not be bothered to duplicate their efforts to test out decks and have a good time in the virtual environment. Decipher freely presents the card images, the rules, and the updates for how the game is played online to the public at large, but they believe that the same public that still shows enough interest in the game to buy packs and boxes off eBay, sites such as Conor’s, and their local game shop, should be required to bend over a second time to play a round with someone on the other side of the world? Two players could effectively open up an instance of Netmeeting whiteboard, drag and drop card images, and keep tabs on the game management aspect in the chat, without ever using SDA, but still getting the same effect.

D has enough on it’s plate already to not bother worrying about small time infringement on a dying title. Just the five minutes spent firing off a legal recourse threatening email to the coder/webhost of SDA could be spent packaging up some long forgotten promos. But ths is why Decipher is in the shape it’s in- when it comes to public relations, they sweep the small stuff under the rug, the little things that kill you, while thinking they can sue a small fry into being on a soluble economic standing again.

I mean, yeah, it’s not like they sued Warren’s brother in law or anything, and he ripped them of for hundreds of thousands in product. But let’s see what this guy that writes a piece of buggy code in his spare time is worth. Rolling Eyes

Suffice to say, if you guys want to tourney, I’m up for it.
Hazael
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:57 pm
count me in Smile
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:04 pm
well from the looks of it we could have enough people. So I will start a list and let me know if you are going to need the software so I can put it on the web-hosting site. then when i finish signups I will make the the pairings but I will not start it right away give people plenty of time to get accustomed to the software and get decks built.

Here is the list so far:
1. WitchKingBlkcapt
2. Felipe Musco*
3. LunaticFringe*
4. Hazael
5. Elf Lvr

The star simply means that I know they need the software. So if you still want to join post here and say whether you need the software.
MySpace

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion