LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:36 pm
--- description ---
big minions on mumaks equals one dead fellowship.
--- end description ---

Shadow:

Total:34

Minions:
4x Mumak Chieftain
4x Southron Captain
4x Desert Villain
4x Desert Fighter
Possesions:
4x Mumakil
1x Ships of Great Draught
Events:
3x War Towers
Conditions:
4x Field of the Fallen
4x Seasoned Leader
2x Rallying Call

Strategy:
Use the desert villain/ fighter/ rallying call and war towers to get threats. the play captain or mumak chieftain with a mumakil and a seasoned leader, and use field of the fallen to make them huge strength and lay the beatdown on the fellowship. once one companion is dead you can easily kill more as field of the fallen will hugely decrease their strength.

Added in a Ships of great draught as it provides cycling, and with the threats easy recursion of key cards. Also nullifies Ithilien Blade decks to an extent.

If playing alot of archery decks, consider adding in a line of defense or two.

Quelled is a good condition discarder that is worth considering as well.
Last edited by Shadows on Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:47 pm
I like the idea very much. I think I am going to have to give this deck a try. The only thing I would suggest is that you take out one copy of seasoned leader and one copy of mumakil to add in two quelled. The only thing I would be concerned with is deck is a possible hand clog. I am definitely going to give it a run though.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
taipan
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:23 am
It’s a good deck. Southron Captain is awesome with the right cards. But WK is right, you since you have Ship, you could take out 1 Seasoned leader and 1 mumakil to add 2 Quelled.

Good deck anyway
Shadows
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:09 pm
I’d like to keep 4 seasoned leader’s as even with recursion they’re non-unique so it will never hurt to have more than one on a southron.

(stick 2 of those and a mumakil on a southron captain and suddenly your 13 strength minion is a 16 strength 5 vit minion that can boost to 25 strength, and all for 11 twilight [not hard to obtain in region 2/3]. That’s not to mention his possible damage+2 (+3 if on a mumakil) when there are 4 threats )

might drop one mumakil for a quelled, as I can bring the mumakil back, and ships of great draught means I can bring my quelled back if necessary
corvus
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:26 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Why not use a nice Bold Men and Grim or two? Seasoned Leader brings it up during skirmish, and you use it sometimes with the deaths your southron captain provides you.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Shadows
Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:33 pm
Would like to add Bold men and grim, but there isn’t really enough space, and although it would be nice, I can generally get a shadow kill without it, as if I discard one of their key companions they will generally have a second copy in the deck.

That’s one of the great things about this shadow though, a few tweaks here and there and you can add/take away cards as they are needed (be it that, quelled, line of defense etc.)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMO add a bandit or 2 and consider adding a mumakil but otherwise looks solid
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:46 am
I’ve already got four mumakil in there.

IMO the southron bandit isn’t worth it, as I already have plenty of threat adding (it’s not ahrd to get the four I need, any more are just a bonus)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oops multiple slaps to the face. otherwise looks good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:14 am
Nice deck!

My brother had a deck like this, but it’s main problem was hand clog. Ships of Great Draught is a great way to counter the clog.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard