LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:41 am
Maybe I’m blind, but we sure haven’t had a basic DC-creating contest in a good long while. I’m talking about the "Create 3, vote for 3, wait for the next installment" type contest, like the ones us long-timers used to come up with left and right back at Decipher.

I wouldn’t be against starting one up, but I’d want to know what you’re all interested in. I could whip out a The Hobbit contest (again, lol) in no time, seeing as I still have all of my work from last time.

What do you think?
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Turin06
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:45 am
Sounds cool I used to be one of the main contest runners back at Decipher (in fact I’m running one back there right now) and I miss the wide range we used to have. It would be great fun to be in a classic style contest again.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:32 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah, we have the UDC the creature contest, the survival of the fittest, but nothing nice and basic.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:51 am
Well, I have a few different ideas.

There’s the aforementioned Hobbit contest, which wouldn’t be too hard to do because I already have everything I need to run it.

Then I could do another resurgence-esque contest where older cultures return with all of the newest mechanics (Moria site control or the like). This would also involve bringing back forgotten mechanics, like Naiths, Pipes (even if they are about to officially return), and Watcher in the Water.

I’m not sure if this would work, but if there’s anything left from the movie trilogy that has yet to be cardified, we could design new subcultures. Not too keen on this idea... pretty boring, really.

If we wanted to be fancy and true LotR fans, we could do a prequel set of the events leading up to the prologue scenes in Fellowship. So it’d be the destruction of Numenor, the birth of Gondor and Arnor, and eventually the creation of the Rings. I’m not too educated in all these events, but doing this contest would give me a great excuse to finally read the Silmarillion, and then go delving into Wikipedia.

I like that last idea best. If no one has a better idea, I’d very much like to run it.

Lemme know!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:13 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Go for it! Very Happy
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
personally I would like resurrecting the naiths more.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Turin06
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:03 pm
Resurecting old cultures or prequal stuff both sound great
macheteman
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:07 pm
i like both ideas. resurgence, and a prequel. Very Happy
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:11 pm
if you had A Dc contest I would for sure join Wink
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:26 am
I like the idea of a contest that strengthens all the under-used strategies like Pipes, Berserkers, & Sauron Wraiths.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards