LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
This is old, but I’m bumping it up. It’d be cool if someone could review the other Wraith cards as well.
point me to them fellow Hippotis. Oh wait I already reviewed them

6 *Ulaire Toldea, Terrible Specter Wraith
Minion-Nazgul
Strength: 12
Vitality: 3
Site: 3
Twilight. Fierce.
When you play Ulaire Toldea, you may discard 3 cards from hand to take a Wraith minion from your discard pile into hand.
Skirmish: Exert Ulaire Toldea and discard a Wraith minion from hand to make Ulaire Toldea strength +3.
0U165
I would make it exert him and discard a card. It just sounds better to me.

1 *Deathless Spirits Wraith
Condition-Support Area
Each time a Wraith wraith is played, add a threat.
Skirmish: Remove two threats to remove a Wraith minion from your discard pile from the game and make a Wraith minion strength +3.
0U165
the wording is no good. it should be Remove two threats and remove a wraith minion in your discard pile from the game, to make a Wraith minion strength +3.
consider a limit.

2 Vengeful Spirit Wraith
Minion-Wraith
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Site: 2
Twilight.
When you play this minion, you may discard two cards from hand to take a Wraith card from your discard pile into hand. You cannot play that card this turn. Discard that card at the end of the turn.
Skirmish: Exert this minion and reveal a Wraith card from your hand to make this minion strength +2 and Fierce until the regroup phase.
U

that ability is to complicated. I know what you are getting at, but I think you should make it a maneuver ability, and cut the requirement of not playing it this turn. with the maneuver ability, make it exert him, so that you don’t need a limit
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:50 pm
Thanks for the reviews, Dain and SoP.

I’ll change up the Spirit, what do you think of it now?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:11 pm
And here’s the last 4 Wraith cards...

4 *Ulaire Otsea, Wraith of Flame Wraith
Minion * Nazgul
Strength: 9
Twilight. Enduring.
Each time Ulaire Otsea is discarded from your hand, you may make a Wraith minion strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Remove 2 threats to return Ulaire Otsea to your hand.
0C168

Like that? I do.

5 *Ulaire Cantea, Wraith of Flame Wraith
Minion * Nazgul
Strength: 10
Twilight. Fierce.
Skirmish: Discard a Wraith card from hand to make Ulaire Cantea strength +1 (or +2 if the discarded card was a twilight minion).
0C169

4 Rotting Corpses Wraith
Minion * Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
Each time this minion is killed in a skirmish, you may exert a companion involved in that skirmish.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand and spot a twilight minion to return this minion from your discard pile to your hand.
0C170

1 *Faces in the Water Wraith
Condition * Support Area
Each time a Wraith minion is discarded from your hand, you may remove a threat to exert a minion.
Skirmish: Discard this condition and spot your twilight minion to use that minion’s skirmish special ability, ignoring costs.
0C171

I don’t know how to word that one... help?
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
If Ulaire Otsea is discarded from your hand, you may make a Wraith minion strength +2 until the regroup phase.
0C168

YEAH I like that! Perhaps make that discarded-from-hand benefit a wee bit better though, like strength +3 or strength +2 and damage +1, or perhaps even a stronger boost only for twilight minions.

Awesome idea, though. GP

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Fierce.
Skirmish: Discard a Wraith card from hand to make Ulaire Cantea strength +1 (or +2 if the discarded card was a twilight minion).
0C169

Nice!

elf lvr wrote:
4 Rotting Corpses Wraith
Minion * Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
If Rotting Corpses is killed in a skirmish, you may exert a companion involved in that skirmish.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to return this card from your discard pile to your hand.
0C170

Unless it’s unique, it should be "this minion" instead of the name in the gametext. Same goes for "this card"...should probably be "this minion".

I think the cost to get him back should be a little harder, too. Perhaps the discard and require spotting another twilight minion?

elf lvr wrote:
1 Faces in the Water Wraith
Condition * Support Area
Each time a Wraith minion is discarded from your hand, you may remove a threat to exert a minion.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to apply the Skirmish special ability of one of your twilight minions. You do not have to pay the costs of that ability.
0C171

I don’t know how to word that one... help?

Instead of "apply", perhaps do:

Skirmish: Discard this condition and spot your twilight minion to use that minion’s skirmish special ability, ignoring costs.

A lot shorter, and I think cleaner as well. How’s that?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
And here’s the last 4 Wraith cards...

Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
If Ulaire Otsea is discarded from your hand, you may make a Wraith minion strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
0C168
how about skirmish remove 2 threats to return ulaire otsea to your hand from your discard pile

Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Fierce.
0C169
houw about or +2 and damage +1? Right now I think it isn’t worth it

4 Rotting Corpses Wraith
Minion * Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
If this minion is killed in a skirmish, you may exert a companion involved in that skirmish.
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand and spot a twilight minion to return this minion from your discard pile to your hand.
0C170
works for me

Condition * Support Area
0C171

its certainly a weird ability, ask someone else, though right now I think it needs at least 2 cost.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:46 am
elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Enduring.
If Ulaire Otsea is discarded from your hand, you may make a Wraith minion strength +2 and damage +1 until the regroup phase.
0C168

Nice, although I would personally say ’Each time Ulaire Otsea...’ instead of ’If Ulaire Otsea...’. It just seems smoother.

elf lvr wrote:
Minion * Nazgul
Twilight. Fierce.
0C169

Awesome.

elf lvr wrote:
4 Rotting Corpses Wraith
Minion * Wraith
Twilight. Enduring.
If this minion is killed in a skirmish, you may exert a companion involved in that skirmish.
0C170

Again, I’d use ’Each time’ instead of ’If’. Neat card though.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
0C171

Cool. You might want to make it unique though.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:37 pm
Shire-4R-6U-5C

Lets start off with our companions... some fun stuff coming up here! Here’s your new keyword:

Stealthy. Each time a stealth card of this character’s culture is played, this character is strength +1 until the regroup phase.

Let’s start off with the most famously stealthy hobbit of all... Mr. Bilbo Baggins!

2 *Bilbo, Legendary Burglar Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may discard a Shire card from hand to take a stealth card from your discard pile into hand.
Regroup: Exert Bilbo and discard a stealth card from hand to remove a burden.
"Sackville-Baginses! Let’s keep out of sight for now, shall we?"
0R127

When you move, you can take a stealth card... then either play it, or use it to remove a burden! This burglar has a few useful tricks up his sleeve, wouldn’t you say?

2 *Sam, Keeper of the Stair Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Resistance: 9
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
While Sam bears the One Ring, he is resistance –4.
Each time a stealth event is played, you may exert Sam to wound a minion.
Response: If Frodo is killed, make Sam the Ring-bearer.
"There is some monster on our Stair..."
0R128

Now, a R stealth event and condition...

0 *On Forgotten Paths Shire
Condition * Support Area
Stealth.
You may only play this condition at a forest, underground, or marsh site.
You may add a threat to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event.
Skirmish: Exert a hobbit twice to cancel a skirmish involving that hobbit. If the fellowship is not at a forest, underground, or marsh site, the shadow player may remove 2 to prevent that.
0R129

3 A Noble Distraction Shire
Event * Maneuver
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 1 or 2, spot an unbound hobbit to prevent minions from being assigned to Ring-Bound companions until the regroup phase.
If the fellowship is in region 3, heal the Ring-Bearer twice.
"Hey, you! Over here! Over here!
0R130
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:54 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may discard a Shire card from hand to take a stealth card from your discard pile into hand.
0R127

When you move, you can take a stealth card... then either play it, or use it to remove a burden! This burglar has a few useful tricks up his sleeve, wouldn’t you say?

Very, very cool! GP

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
0R128

He’s neat, but since he also gets a strength boost from the stealth card, I might exert the minion instead of wound. Wait for a second opinion before you do that, though. I’m on the fence about it.

Oh, make sure to bold Ring-bearer.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Stealth.
You may add a threat to play this condition any time you could play a skirmish event.
Skirmish: Exert a hobbit twice to cancel a skirmish involving that hobbit. If the fellowship is not at a forest, underground, or marsh site, the shadow player may remove 2 to prevent that.
0R129

Make sure capitalize "Hobbit". And also make sure there’s text making it clear the Ring-bearer can’t use that skirmish ability.

elf lvr wrote:
Event * Maneuver
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 1 or 2, spot an unbound hobbit to prevent minions from being assigned to Ring-Bound companions until the regroup phase.
If the fellowship is in region 3, heal an unbound hobbit twice.
0R130

Nice! I like that.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:13 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Shire-4R-6U-5C

Companion * Hobbit
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
0R127
stealth event maybe instead of stealth card? does the job

Companion * Hobbit
Ring-Bound. Stealthy.
0R128
hum, again good card. maybe while sam is the ring-bearer is the correct wording

Condition * Support Area
Stealth.
0R129
boy could you gut one of those options? just a spammer’s opinion though.

Event * Maneuver
Stealth.
If the fellowship is in region 3, heal an unbound hobbit twice.
0R130

how about heal the ring-bearer twice?
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:24 pm
Some changes made.

To Dain: There is a rule in the rulebook that skirmishes involving the R-B can’t be cancelled, so no worries there.

To SoP: That is how D worded it on the latest version of Sam. So I am assuming that it’s right.

Now, here’s some more cards! GP to the first review!

1 *Merry, Sly Fellow Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Stealthy.
Each time a Stealth card is played, you may add a threat to heal a companion.
Skirmish: Exert Merry and discard your Stealth card from hand or play to make another Shire companion strength +2.
0U131

1 *Pippin, Sly Fellow Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Stealthy.
While you can spot 2 other Stealthy companions, Pippin cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Regroup: Exert Pippin and add a burden to return a Shire Stealth card from your discard pile to your hand.
0U132

1 Through the Hobbiton Woods Shire
Event * Skirmish
Stealth.
Exert a hobbit to make that hobbit strength +3 (or cancel a skirmish involving that hobbit if it is at a forest site).
0C133
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards