LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
RED_NED
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:06 am
Hi guys, it’s my first post here, so hi Cool

I’ve recently got back into LOTR after a couple of years. I don’t have any of the new cards after the mount doom set, but have a ton of older cards.

I was flicking through my pile of Ringwraith cards, and i’m looking to make a deck that makes nazgul damage +1 and fierce, so can cripple the fellowship. I’m not sure it’s a great strategy but i wanted to use some cool rares i never used before.

I have 4 of The Witch King, Morgul King who seems really good, and he can fetch The Pale Blade when he comes into play. Morgul Squealers can go fetch the witch king, as can Ulaire Nertea to make this happen at most sites (hopefully!)

I was thinking of having a threat theme as well, so I can use the Nazgul Scimitar. Ulaire Cantea seems good for that, as does Morgul Destroyer. I might stick in morgul ambusher, so i can gain initiative via Streaming to the field. This would let me use stooping to the kill for more +1 Damage, hooray!

Ok, so heres my deck as I’m seeing it:

Minions: 26
4x The Witch King, Morgul King
4x Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds
4x Ulaire Enquea, Faster Than Winds
4x Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur
4x Morgul Squealer
4x Morgul Destroyer
2x Morgul Ambusher

Other: 14
4x The Pale Blade
3x Nazgul Scimitar
2x Streaming to the Field
2x Stooping to the Kill
1x Flung into the Fray
1x Held Ground
1x Beyond all Darkness

Ok, so the damage +1 thing isn’t so prevailent, and it would probably be better to just go entirely with threats, but I like my damage +1 Twisted Evil

The guys i play with generally play 80 card decks so if it seems a bit big thats why , but I would like some help from you guys as to what i should do with this (put it straight in the bin for example Razz). Also what fellowship? We use the old sites and a mix of any set, as long as they are film block.

p.s. we dont use the banned list, i think nertea is banned? we are still allowed to use him (if a card seems to good we generally dont use it, like flaming brands and any site shadow reducing cards) Wink
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:33 pm
Glad to have you here!

I think it’s better to stick with one theme, threats or damage, but putting them together isn’t bad either. Feel his blade is good with stooping to the kill. Better than streaming to the field, at least in your deck.

I have a freind who has an interesting little combo: Fill them up on threats, use stronghold of minas morgul, and then drop a nazgul and a morgul destroyer for a hopeful kill. Just a thought.

Looks like an okay deck, considering what you were limited to. Since you said you don’t have any newer cards, I will try to refrain from suggesting any of those.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
RED_NED
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:22 am
stronghold of minas morgul is a really cool card, I hadn’t seen that one before. It seems really good so I might have to get a copy or two...

I have tweaked the deck a bit, and the damage +1 theme is taking a back seat., I have dropped the slight initiative angle, losing both Streaming to the field and stooping to the kill, so feel his blade may not have a place in the deck any more, but it would go in if i go back to it.

The deck seems to work as I hoped, and can play it’s minions over and over and can go fetch whats needed at certain times.

The witch king is a little expensive, costing 8 himself, so I might put only 2 in the deck, and reduce the number of the pale blade to 1.

I put a couple of copies of winged and onimous in, it seems like a good way of adding shadow as this deck can spend it like theres no tomorrow! Ulaire toldea, thrall of the one seems to work with it as well as having my beloved damage +1 Very Happy

If theres any of the newer cards that could help, I might be interested in getting them, but not expensive rares because we only play casual, not tournaments.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:27 am
Not expensive rares, huh? I was going to suggest Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening. A Shadow Fell Over Them is also a decent thread adding card. Maybe you could throw in Ghastly Host? It’s a good card for making use of threats. But if you use the Morgul Deystroyer/Stronghold combo, you’ll want to keep those threats where they are... but if something goes wrong, the Wtich-King can pull back stronghold, too... Its really all up to you, and how you want to play the deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:29 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
How about gollum and Plotting?
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:31 am
Plotting.

Another good throw in to the deystroyer/stronghold combo, or just plain helping the deck out. You know, I think this whole talk has given me a great idea for an SdA deck... and it might even show up in my Standard Article! Thanks for the ideas, I hope we’ve helped you!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:32 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Btw, how’s that article of yours coming? Will it be up in time?
I don't like YOU.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:35 am
If I entered it this month, your block article would probably steamroll it. Besides, by the time I finish it, it will be pretty much the end of the month anyway. Look for it at the beginning of next month.

EDIT: I just noticed a Plotting -style card that doesn’t take a Gollum splash, Held Ground.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:49 am
Sorry for the double-post, but here’s a decklist for threat guls and deystroyer stronhold win.

Minions:
The Witch-King, Morgul King x2 (replay Stronghold if need be)
Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow x2 (take back There Came a cry)
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutennant of Morgul x2 (beat down high companion fellowships and trigger tons of threat wounds)
Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than the Winds x2 (Adds threats or discards possessions)
Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening x4 (Adds threats)
Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur x2 (Replay morgul deystroyer)
Gollum, Vile Creature x3 (Use threats for strength, or just spot for Plotting!)
Morgul Destroyer x4

Conditions:
Ghastly Host x2 (Puts those threats to good use)
A Shadow Fell Over Them x2 (Adds threats or plays nazgul)
Fat One Wants It x2 (More threats, more and more threats!)
Plotting x2 (Maxes them out on threats. Very usefull when dropping a Gollum-bomb or for ghastly host against large fellowships, and perfect for the morgul deystroyer killer combo!)
Stronghold of Minas Morgul x2 (Exhausts the R-B for the deystroyer combo, although the deystroyers can do it by themselves if enough threats are there).

Events:
Captured by the Ring x4 (Threats and Gollum. ’Nuff said)
There Came a Cry x3 (Threats!)

38 cards, kinda beefy, but thats what I came up with.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats