LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Loosechange911
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:08 pm
--- description ---
I wanted to make a deck that took minions toe to toe, instead of one containing Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien or Ithilien Blade. I chose Gondor with 3 key cards in mind: Noble Leaders and Heirs of Gondor combined with Guarded City (abused of course). My goal in uniqueness here is to have 10 or more tokens on one of the two conditions.
--- end description ---

Type your decklist and strategy notes here.

Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, Answer to all the Riddles
Faramir, Captain of Gondor
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith
Aragorn, Strider

Gondorian Blade x4
Ranger’s Cloak x4
Flaming Brand
Knife of the Galadhrim
Armor
Footman’s Armor
Aragorn’s Bow
Faramir’s Bow
Brego, Loyal Steed
Ring of Barahir

Noble Leaders x4
Heirs of Gondor x3
Saga of Elendil

Guarded City x4
Hard Choice x3

I can get up to six possessions on a companion, meaning Guarded City can really add those tokens! With tanked out guys and conditions I should be able to run quite well. The cloaks provide excellent vitality boosts, and with hard choice I should be able to keep my fellowship out of wound peril. This deck also won’t let out a whole lot of twilight with only 4 companions (all starting) and cheap support cards.

Comments? Suggestions?
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:58 pm
i would have Isilder as the ring beare and put in Narsil

or just add Narsil
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Loosechange911
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:58 pm
could you justify your suggestion? why put isildur in as the RB? Boromir completes the NL gang.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:30 pm
well Narsil works well on isildur An You only have to add 2 burdens

instead of 3
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Shadows
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:44 pm
Use the one ring, the ring of rings it means Boromir can effectively wound himself twice or take 2 burdens (making up for any advantage Isildur has) and also increases his resistance.

I would try and find room for Elendil and Narsil and a couple sapling of the white tree and a scroll of isildur, as it will boost Boromir’s resistance, provide some wound prevention and give you an even beefier companion.

You would only need one elendil and narsil, as you can use Denethor to grab them.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
looks fine but if you wanted to try something different you could add Aragorn isildures heir and borormir, doomed heir just for fun. both could be tanks only problem is you couldn’t start all the noble leaders.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded