LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
syndrome
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:40 pm
CHECK UPDATES OF DECKS BELOW ORIGINAL POST.

I didn’t look through all the cards, so I don’t know if it’s extended or not... but it will only be used in an extended-format play environment.

The only site that has a big effect on my Freeps side is The Prancing Pony.

RBR w/ WoBaS - Morgul Arrows[64]:

Freeps[34]:
Starting Fellowship[4]:
•Boromir, BoC bearing AtaR
•Faramir, CoG (0 P 35)
•Aragorn, Strider
•Pippin, WoBaS

Other Companions[2]:
•Mablung, SoG
Ranger of Ithilien

Conditions[13]:
x2 Home and Hearth
x3 Shadowplay
x4 Ancient Roads
x4 Invigorated

Possessions[8]:
x4 Gondorian Blade
x3 Ranger’s Bow
•Faramir’s Cloak

Events[7]:
x3 Concealment
x2 Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
x2 War and Valor

Strategy:
Bet 1-3, but remember your RB has only 6 resistance... so you hope you get home and hearth out.

Strats:
1) Get Faramir to 11, and Aragorn to 10, use pumps when needed, take wounds when you can’t win etc.

2) Use Mablung + Ranger’s Bow + Invigorated for major minion slaying. (after I won a game yesterday, I let my buddy try putting out 3 sauron’s for fun, and got to return to the state I was is at the beginning of the turn. I killed 1 and and the other two couldn’t take out all 5 of my companions. I love Rangers)

3) Use Pippin to wound, play him to remove up to 2 burdens with the Home and Hearths, use him to exert minions as they are played via Shadowplay, and then return him to your hand to wound, and start over the next turn.

Shadow[34]:
Minions[22]:
Morgul Ambusher x4
Morgul Creeper x4
Morgul Lurker x4
Morgul Squealer x4
•Gothmog, Morgul Commander x2
•Ulaire Attea, WoW x4

Conditions[8]:
•Flung into the Fray x2
•Streaming to the Field x4
•Stooping to the Kill x2

Events[4]:
There Came a Cry x4

Strategy:
Use Streaming to the Field to keep inititive, and then use Attea + there came a cry for burdens and/or threats. Then the Lurkers/Creepers/Ambushers can get x2 archery bonus a turn. Use Gothmog for additional archery wounds, stack gothmog/or a card that can get archery every turn on Flung into the fray. Squealer gets cards back, and Stooping is for extra damage, in case of swarm and for your gothmog and attea.
Last edited by syndrome on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
dexterngo
Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:38 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
wow,

this is quite an original morc archery deck

i was wondering though, maybe you can use 3 instead of 4 streaming???

you can also slip in 1 or 2 desert lord for more wounds!
Do or do not, there is no try
hblika
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:49 am
Interesting take on the morc archery deck. Smile

Do you often get the 3 burdens and threats you need? I figure you will need quite a lot of twilight to get the Attea / There Came a Cry combo going, since you first need to play enough morcs to get initiative... And what about hand clog?

Personally I would rather use Gollum to get your threats and burdens...

Anyway, morc archery is fun. A pretty easy way to deal out 10+ archery wounds in a single archery phase Very Happy
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:18 am
Use Frodo as your RB or add another Hobbit companion; Shadowplay needs to spot 2 Shire companions.

I also have an RBR deck, and I use Shadowplay; Madril, Faramir's Aide (discard 2 cards to wound if I have initiative); Hardy Garrison (each time I lose initiative, wound a minion); and Pippin, WoBaS (wound a minion twice, and regain initiative) for lots of wounding fun.
syndrome
Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:49 pm
I didn't read shadowplay close enough I guess, I'll prolly drop a blade for x1 hobbit sword, and run Frodo TT.

I'm only using the Attea/There came a cry because I couldn't get the gollum combo... Sad

RBR w/ WoBaS - Morgul Arrows[64]:

Freeps[34]:
Starting Fellowship[4]:
•Frodo, TT bearing AtaR
•Faramir, CoG (0 P 35)
•Aragorn, Strider
•Pippin, WoBaS

Other Companions[2]:
•Mablung, SoG
Ranger of Ithilien

Conditions[13]:
x2 Home and Hearth
x3 Shadowplay
x4 Ancient Roads
x4 Invigorated

Possessions[8]:
x4 Gondorian Blade
x2 Ranger's Bow
Hobbit Sword
•Faramir's Cloak

Events[7]:
x3 Concealment
x2 Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
x2 War and Valor

Strategy:
Bet 4, you want to get your mablung out, and you should remove most, if not all of those via home and hearth + pippin.

Strats:
1) Get Faramir to 11, and Aragorn to 10, use pumps when needed, take wounds when you can't win etc.

2) Use Mablung + Ranger's Bow + Invigorated for major minion slaying. (after I won a game yesterday, I let my buddy try putting out 3 sauron's for fun, and got to return to the state I was is at the beginning of the turn. I killed 1 and and the other two couldn't take out all 5 of my companions. I love Rangers)

3) Use Pippin to wound, play him to remove up to 2 burdens with the Home and Hearths, use him to exert minions as they are played via Shadowplay, and then return him to your hand to wound, and start over the next turn.

Shadow[34]:
Minions[22]:
Morgul Ambusher x4
Morgul Creeper x4
Morgul Lurker x4
Morgul Squealer x4
•Gothmog, Morgul Commander x2
•Ulaire Attea, WoW x4

Conditions[8]:
•Flung into the Fray x2
•Streaming to the Field x4
•Stooping to the Kill x2

Events[4]:
There Came a Cry x4

Strategy:
Use Streaming to the Field to keep inititive, and then use Attea + there came a cry for burdens and/or threats. Then the Lurkers/Creepers/Ambushers can get x2 archery bonus a turn. Use Gothmog for additional archery wounds, stack gothmog/or a card that can get archery every turn on Flung into the fray. Squealer gets cards back, and Stooping is for extra damage, in case of swarm and for your gothmog and attea.
Last edited by syndrome on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:52 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:34 am
I guess it all comes down to how you play your shadow. Myself, I like to drop an archery bomb at site 6 or 7, so I couldn't possibly have space for an Attea and There Came A Cry in my hand. And besides, you would need 7 twilight left after playing enough morcs to gain initiative.

I'd recommend you try this:
Drop:
4x Attea
4x There Came a Cry
4x Morgul Squaler
2x Stooping to the Kill

Add:
1x Gollum, Plotting Deceiver
1x Gollum, Mad Thing
4x Captured by the Ring
3x Fat One Wants It
2x Heavy Burden
3x Evil-smelling Fens (or keep 3x Morgul Squealer)

IMO, this is a much more cost effective way of adding the burdens and threats you need (24 twilight as opposed to 42 twilight). I took out the stooping to the kills, since your morcs will not win many skirmishes.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
syndrome
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:33 am
I got my cards today, except I couldn't manage to snag x4 squealers, so I ran x4 axes in there place.

The score was 2-2 against a Dwarve Event Abuse/Choke - Issy Wounding/Swarm Deck. We're happy that our decks evenly matched, as it's more fun that way. ^_^

Overall I didn't find the Attea/There came a cry very worthwhile... and the stoopings will probably come out.

Tomorrow I'm ordering my Smeagol solo deck Very Happy
http://myspace/delicatesituation
dexterngo
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:21 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
Phazanzar wrote:
I got my cards today, except I couldn't manage to snag x4 squealers, so I ran x4 axes in there place.

The score was 2-2 against a Dwarve Event Abuse/Choke - Issy Wounding/Swarm Deck. We're happy that our decks evenly matched, as it's more fun that way. ^_^

Overall I didn't find the Attea/There came a cry very worthwhile... and the stoopings will probably come out.

Tomorrow I'm ordering my Smeagol solo deck Very Happy

you're a very good customer Cool
Do or do not, there is no try
syndrome
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:46 am
dexterngo wrote:
you're a very good customer Cool
Hehe, the last couple weeks I've had a major urge for more LOTR. ^_^

Next I'm genna save up for x2 Hosts of Moria and x4 Goblin Armories (Why are they so expensive ? Sad)

Oh, and with my Ranger deck -- I'm taking out x1 concealment and x1 gondorian blade for x2 Pathfinders....

My frodo kept getting swarmed at site 9 Sad. Gogo Caras Galadhon!
http://myspace/delicatesituation
syndrome
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:05 pm
Here is my updated shadow side for this deck:

Phazanzar's Morgul Arrows [32]:
Minions [17]:
x4 Morgul Ambusher
x4 Morgul Lurker
x4 Morgul Creeper
x2 •Gothmog, Morgul Commander
x2 •Gorbag, Covetous Captain
x1 Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Conditions 9:
x4 •Streaming to the Field
x2 •Flung Into the Fray
x2 Heavy Burden
x1 •Fat One Wants it
Events 6:
x4 Captured by the Ring
x2 Ten Times Outnumbered

Strategy:
Use "Captured by the Ring" (to play •"Gollum, Dark as Darkness" from deck/discard) in conjuction with "•Fat One Wants It" to add up to 2 threats per time Gollum is played. Then, if your Gollum chances to make it to the regroup phase, you can use "Heavy Burden" to add burdens, The threats and burdens are used by the "Morgul Ambusher"s and "Morgul Creeper"s (respectively) to add 2 to the archery total each.

"•Streaming to the Field" allows you to gain initiative, which is used by the "Morgul Lurker"s to add 2 to the archery total each.

play "•Gothmog, Morgul Commander" and have initiative at the same time, each of your minions becomes an archer. Use "•Flung Into the Fray" to stack Gothmog on top of (or an Ambusher/Creep/Lurker if it would be extremely beneficial, but most of the time... stick to Gothmog.)

"•Gorbag, Covetous Captain" is to be used to pump up your other minions.

"Ten Times Outnumbered" is particularily nice with flung into the fray and Gollum, DaD adding exerts to Frodo. Combo this with Gorbag, and it's pretty nice. I wouldn't necassarily hold onto TTO, but if you draw it ...

Gollum can also be used for extra twilight (at the expense of burdens) if needed.
Last edited by syndrome on Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded