LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Loosechange911
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:16 pm
--- description ---
Note that Ithilien Blade has been banned from my friend’s group =) I still love the gondor rangers so I decided to create a non IB ranger deck. It’s quite straight forward. The shadow side is focused on giving the opposing player a headache full of archery. So without further ado, here it is.
--- end description ---

Type your decklist and strategy notes here.

Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, Answer to all the Riddles
Faramir, Captain of Gondor
Mablung, Soldier of Gondor
Madril, Defender of Osgilioth

Aragorn, Guide and Protector x4

Gondorian Blade x4
Ranger’s Bow x3
Ranger’s Cloak x2
Knife of the Galadhrim
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow

Invigorated x4
Steward’s Legacy x2

War and Valor x4
Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom x4

This deck lives in the skirmish phase. With swords and beastly pumps, these men of the north can reach outstanding strength. Aragorn, Guide and Protector, Ranger’s Bow, Mablung, Soldier of Gondor and Knife of the Galadhrim all wound minions during the skirmish phase. Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow and Ranger’s Cloak provide threats to keep minions roaming all day long with Madril, and Invigorated keeps everyone healthy for the trek along the sitepath.

Uruk Crossbowman x4
Uruk Crossbow Troop x4
Ranged Commander x4
Lurtz, Servant of Isengard x3
Elite Crossbowmen x3

Cloud of Arrows x4
Weapons of Isengard x4
Broad-Bladed Sword x3
One of You Must Do This x3

Everything is geared towards getting as many wounds as possible during the archery phase. It’s pretty simply = )

How does this look?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
your free peoples side it looks really solid (to me:)),
with this kind of shadow side Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us can be beastly. And if you are playing someone who breaks the rule of 5 toss in a greed or 2.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:58 pm
I recommend throwing a few copies of Guarded City, Heirs of Gondor, and Houses of Healing in, along with a bunch of possessions on Boromir. What’s the fun of having a Boromir Ring-Bearer if you can’t load him up with possessions?

One other thing you might consider. With the Faramir your running, you would be able to start Aragorn, Strider free, and thus not have to have 4 copies of him in the deck. I know he’s not as good as Guide and Protector, but it would free up deck space to include some other wounding cards, or maybe ranger fortifications. As you are playing expanded, shown by your choice of Faramir, What are They? could be accomplish the same thing, while coupled with Third Level (EDIT: Wrong fortification. I meant Second Level Razz ) or another fortification. The beauty is, you can use this combo with any companion, not just Aragorn.

SoP, if you want to beat someone who breaks the rule of 5, throw in a few copies of Shotgun Enquea. It wounds the same number of companions as greed for its twilight cost, but then it gets to fight, twice. That’s how you take out companions. I’m gonna write an article soon on killing big fellowships Smile

-NBarden
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:

SoP, if you want to beat someone who breaks the rule of 5, throw in a few copies of Shotgun Enquea. It wounds the same number of companions as greed for its twilight cost, but then it gets to fight, twice. That’s how you take out companions. I’m gonna write an article soon on killing big fellowships Smile

-NBarden

Enquea can be effective, but only hits 3 times(or 4 if you pack a ring)
Greed, if you didn’t have any minions could take say a 17 twilight pool from 7 companions and ditch 2 of them. Enquea is good and I won’t say greed is better, but it certainly can be a killer, for 1 maybe 2 copies
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:25 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Just remember, you have to have a minion in play to actually have a maneuver phase, SoP, but Greed is still a beast, even with a wimpy minion out.

I think the Freeps side is amazingly awesome, although What Are They? is incredibly broken in Expanded with Madril, and should be included. It’s basically like a cheap, more limited Ithilien Blade.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
legoles3333
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:35 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
if your going to try and keep minions roaming put in a man the walls and if you want strength boost add sowrdsman of the northern kingdom
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:34 am
he has 4 swordsmen, and my guess woul be madril does the job rather nicely
i forgot about that CG Embarassed
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:24 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Man the Walls is a good suggestion, indeed...it has an effect similar to Ranger’s Cloak. And because of that, I don’t think you need any more than 1 or 2, if you want to use them. The problem of relying on Madril alone for roaming-ness is if you run into shadows like Ninja Gollum that take him out real fast.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:31 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Enquea can be effective, but only hits 3 times(or 4 if you pack a ring)

Or 5 with a shadowy mount. Or 6 or 7 if he wins both his skirmishes. Or even more if you have not easily destroyed. And if your running corruption (or your opponent is messing up and corrupting himself Smile ) you can use him all the way down to the ring-bearer.

I think the rules say that you can not have more threats out than companions in play. That would really hurt against Nazgul or Dunlendings, etc. Your ranger cloaks are good, but you want to be able to get rid of minions before the skirmish phase. And all your woundings are gonna hurt if your opponent runs Ulaire Enquea, Thrall of the One. (Which leads to another point, your deck has no defense against corruption). I think you need several copies of Second Level, because running against some high-powered enduring Nazgul at site 9 could lose you the game.

-NBarden
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:12 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
You could keeo minions roaming for longer if you added an ancient roads too

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded