LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:29 am
Lords of the Great Rings

Hey, I think it would be really cool to build my own dream set. I have no clue how this is gonna work, but I’m designing cards.

I use the keyword Captain from allies of the north, with one change.

Captain X (If this character wins a skirmish, make a companion of the same culture strength + X until the regroup phase.)

Sneak (This minion is played facedown and is revealed at the beginning of its skirmish)

Note on sneak, this means that a character with sneak cannot be spotted for phase actions or events while sneaking (facedown), unless the card specifically spots a sneaking minion or the sneaking minion spots itself.

Cultures Complete:

Ring
Dwarven
Elven
Rohan
Gondor
Shire
Gandalf
Gollum
Isengard
Moria
Wraith

To complete:

Sauron
Raider

I’ll dive right in. First, with the One Ring

•The One Ring, Forged in Mordor

Strength +2
Vitality +1
Resistance -2

Manuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add two burdens instead.

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, add two burdens to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.

00R+1

•The One Ring, Filled with Cruelty and Malice

Vitality +2

Manuever or Skirmish: Exert bearer to wear the one ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, bearer is strength + 2, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, wound two other companions or add three burdens instead.

00R2

•The One Ring, Powerful Weapon

Vitality +2
Resistance -2

Regroup: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the end of the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, bearer converts all wounds to burdens and may add a burden to wound a minion.

00R3

•The One Ring, Ring of Corruption
Strength +1
Vitality +1

Manuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, exert bearer and add two burdens to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, exert bearer twice and add three burdens to add bearer’s strength to another companion.

00R+4

What do you think?
Last edited by NBarden on Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 am; edited 28 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
corvus
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:45 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
You cannot cancel the skirmish of the ring-bearer. Fix it.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:37 am
Ever heard of O Elbereth Gilthoniel?

And I’m pretty sure that the no skirmish cancellation with the ring-bearer rule is not actually in the official rulebook.
menace64
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:05 am
Barden, you are very wrong (sorry).

The no-cancel Ring-bearer rule was developed after the first block of cards had been released (some time after, actually). O Elbereth worked at the time, but now it cannot cancel the Ring-bearer’s skirmish.

And yes, if you take the time to read the rulebook, the rule is there.

NBarden wrote:
Strength +3
Vitality +2
Resistance -2
Manuever: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add two burdens instead.
Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, add three burdens to cancel a skirmish involving bearer.

This Ring would only be useful if it was never put on. And it would never need to be put on because the strength and vitality bonuses are way too high.
Plus, like corvus mentioned already, you can’t cancel the Ring-bearer’s skirmish.

NBarden wrote:
Vitality +2
Manuever or Skirmish: Exert bearer to wear the one ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, bearer is enduring, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, wound two other companions or add three burdens instead.
00R2

I think the name is too long. Maybe just "Of Cruelty and Malice".
Very interesting idea. I like the exertion to put it on (because most people use the Ring-bearer as a pin cushion for wounds). Enduring should never be on a Ring-bearer. Without it, you can keep the cost and I think it’d be a pretty cool ring.

NBarden wrote:
Vitality +2
Resistance -2
Regroup: Add a burden to wear the One Ring until the end of the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, bearer converts all wounds to burdens and may add a burden to wound a minion.

Another interesting idea, but it wouldn’t be used because it couldn’t lend much aid during the skirmish phase and, for how quickly it’d pile on burderns, all it would do is get rid of one or (possibly) two minions.

What style set is this going to be? Because base sets only have 2 One Rings and Reflections only had the 1.
Last edited by menace64 on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:37 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:12 am
Ok, I’ll fix it. I took that into account creating the new ring. Smile.

menace64 wrote:
all it would do is get rid of one or (possibly) two minions.

Well....I’m thinking of adding the ability to to add a burden to discard a minion, but that would be two powerful. Maybe add a burden and two threats? (With adding threats, it ensures it isn’t overused because your can’t have more threats than you have companions.)

menace64 wrote:
What style set is this going to be? Because base sets only have 2 One Rings and Reflections only had the 1.

I don’t have a clue Smile Maybe I outta work on getting one.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:28 am
I think I got somewhat of a plan together. I was going to emphasize rings a lot. Which leads to the introduction of several unloaded keywords. Dwarf-lord will be a key word describing the Dwarves. Either only they will be able to bear the rings, or they get a special bonus if they are bearing the ring. Elf-lord works the same way. The Nine for men, well.....they kinda have that problem fixed, but I think I’m going to add rings there. Maybe a new copy of Aragorn’s ring to.

Oh, and if those of you who invented the Captain mechanic don’t mind, I think I may use that to. (hm....captain bonus on the elf and dwarf lords.....)
menace64
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:36 am
I don’t think Dwarf-lord and Elf-lord would make good keywords, because there are very few applicable characters.

Instead, how about rings that say: "Bearer must be a Dwarven Captain." That way you’d limit the rings to the higher-ups without cluttering the rules with new keywords.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:29 am
I like the idea.

What does anyone think of the new ring?
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:16 am
Alright, ready for the Dwarves? I have some of the Dwarves as captain 0. anyway, here they are.

4 •Durin III-Great Dwarf Lord Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 5
Captain 1. Damage +1. Each other Dwarven captain is damage +1.
While you can spot two Dwarves, Durin III is twilight cost -2
Skirmish: Exert Durin III to play a skirmish event on him from your discard pile. Remove that card from the game.
00R+5

2 •Linnar-Lord of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Vitality: 3
Captain 0. Damage +1
Response: If Linnar wins a skirmish, exert him to wound a minion not assigned to a skirmish X times, where X is Linnar’s damage bonus.
00R6

2 •Sindri-Dwarven Captain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Captain 0.
Response: If Sindri wins a skirmish, exert him to place a Dwarven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck. Any shadow player may discard the top 3 cards of his or her draw deck to prevent this.
00R7

4 •Thorin Oakenshield-Seeker of the Arkenstone Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Resistance: 4
Captain 1. Hunter 2. Damage +2. Muster. To play spot two dwarves.
Fellowship: Spot Bilbo Baggins and exert Thorin Oakenshield to play the Arkenstone from your draw deck.
Response: If Thorin Oakenshield is about to be killed, stack him on the Arkenstone. While stacked on the Arkenstone, each other dwarf is strength +2 and damage +1 and at the start of each turn, exert a dwarf or place Thorin Oakenshield in the dead pile.
00R+8

2 •Thrain II-Desirous of Vengeance Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Captain 1. Damage +1. The Free Peoples always has initiative.
Response: If a companion is killed in a skirmish, exert Thrain II and spot two Dwarven companions to wound every minion.
00R+9

2 •Thror-Dwarf of Dunland Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Captain 0.
Manuever:
If you have initiative, exert Thror to discard a Man.
Regroup: Exert Thror twice to liberate a site.
00R10

2 •Uri- Ruler of Dwarves Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Captain 0. Damage +1. Muster.
Each other Dwarven captain gains an additional captain 1.
00R11

And since I have that little bit about Thorin Oakenshield in there, I guess I’ll show you my Bilbo

2 •Bilbo Baggins, Well-Traveled Hobbit Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Resistance: 8
Each time the fellowship moves, exert Bilbo or add a threat.
Fellowship: Exert Bilbo to heal another Hobbit
Each Dwarven companion is damage +1
Each minion skirmishing an Elven companion is strength –1
Each Gondor or Rohan companion is strength +1
Exert Bilbo twice to play a Gandalf spell from your discard pile.

Okay, back to Dwarves. Now for some artifacts.

5 •The Arkenstone, Precious Gem Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Each dwarf is resistance -1 and damage +1.
Response: If a dwarf wins a skirmish, add X tokens here where X is the dwarves damage bonus minus the losing minion’s vitality.
Fellowship: Remove two tokens from here to discard a possession or condition.
Skirmish: Remove two tokens from here and spot a possession borne by a minion to make a dwarf skirmishing that minion damage +X, where X is the twilight cost of that possession.
Regroup: Remove a token from here and exert a dwarf to wound a minion (or two minions if you have initiative).
00R12

0 •Ring of Fury, Bane of Orcs Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven Captain. Bearer is damage +2 and gains an additional captain 1.
Manuever: Exert bearer or discard this artifact to wound an Orc
00R+13

0 •Ring of Acreation, Imbued with Power Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Dwarven Captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 2.
Fellowship: Exert bearer to play a Dwarf at twilight cost -1.
00R14

0 •Ring of Guile, Cunning Gem Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 1.
Manuever: Exert bearer to reveal the bottom card of your draw deck. If it is a Dwarven card, take it into hand. Otherwise, discard it.
00R15

0 •Ring of Retribution, Vengeant Jewel Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 2.
Response: If bearer loses a skirmish, exert him to wound a minion.
00R16

0 •The Ring of Hardiness, Resistant Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 1. Bearer takes no more than one wound per skirmish phase and may not be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
Response: If a dwarf is about to be killed by a wound, exert bearer twice and add a burden to prevent that wound.
00R+17

0 •The Ring of Wealth, Creator of Great Riches Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Strength: +2
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer gains an additional captain 2.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play a hand weapon on him from your draw deck.
00R18

0 •The Ring of Greed, Snare of Sauron Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Resistance: -2
Bearer must be a Dwarven captain. Bearer is damage +1 and gains an additional captain 2.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to discard a possession borne by a minion he is skirmishing. The owner may discard the top two cards of his or her draw deck to prevent that.
Each time the fellowship moves, add a threat.
00R19

That’s it for now! I will get some more dwarf cards, probably more companions. (with all the captains, where are the subjects?) I am particularly interested on your opinion of Bilbo. And how to condense the text in the Arkenstone. And PLEASE help me get better subtitles.

~nbarden
Last edited by NBarden on Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:38 pm
NBarden wrote:
Hey, I think it would be really cool to build my own dream set. I have no clue how this is gonna work, but I’m designing cards. I’ll come up with a catchy name later. Smile

I’ll dive right in. First, with the One Ring

Strength +2
Vitality +1
Resistance -2

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, add two burdens to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.

00R+1
I would never use this ring. It makes resistance -2 AND needs burdens to activate its abilities? Nuh-uh.

Vitality +2

Manuever or Skirmish: Exert bearer to wear the one ring until the regroup phase. While wearing the One Ring, bearer is strength + 2, and each time he or she is about to take a wound, wound two other companions or add three burdens instead.

00R2
Ouch, but possibly good in large companion decks. I still can’t see myself using this over ATAR or tRoD.

Vitality +2
Resistance -2

00R3
Wierd, but another resistnace -2 ring with burden adding abilities.

*******************NEW********************

•The One Ring, Ring of Corruption
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance -1

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, exert bearer and add two burdens to wound a minion skirmishing bearer.

Skirmish: If bearer is wearing the One Ring, exert bearer twice and add three burdens to add bearer’s strength to another companion.

00R+4
More resistance lowering and burden abilities. The abilities are cool, but almost any ARB could never stand to pay them.

What do you think?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards