LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas?

5 (best)  
100%
  [ 3 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:44 pm

Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas is indeed the best horse we’ve seen so far IMO. Solid bonuses to all three stats, and burden removal as well! No possessions or hand weapons on the same character, unfortunately, but staves aren’t effected...

I think I might have a slight preference for equipping my Gandalf with good ol’ Glamdring, Foe-hammer, which removes burdens for free. On the other hand, Shadowfax can remove many burdens at once if you get in a tight spot.

Put Foe-hammer on Gandalf and Shadowfax on Radagast and Frodo can whistle all the way to Mount Doom! Whistle Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm
This card and some recent ones have inspired me to make a deck with cards like these:

Gandalf, The White Rider with Glamdring, Foe-Hammer and Gandalf’s Staff, Ash-Staff, and Radagast, the Brown with Radagast’s Staff and Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas.

Slap pallando onto gandalf each turn and take advantage of that vitality! That’d be two burdens removed, two conditions discarded, and two minions wounded. Shadowfax can remove burdens and we’re just itching for a double-move... Moment of Respite, Have Patience, and Out of the High Airs are icing on the cake.

But anyways, instant burden removal is nice. And since our King-block threat-removing frodo is still standard legal... This card just makes the Gandalf culture all the more awesome...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:15 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its cool good strategy El. it seems like they are making RoS cool to attract people I mean this is the coolest set since SoG!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:39 pm
I’d venture to say that this is the most powerful card we’ve seen from RoS. It certainly can shut down corruption decks. Sad

It also is a nice addition to Ithilien Blade decks - they can always use threats!
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:30 am
Very good card. It is good that it doesn’t prevent you from bearing a staff. I was thinking maybe a Gandalf’s staff, Narya, Shadowfax combo? I mean, he’s got a huge vitality for cancelling skirmihses with his staff.

The only drawback is that you can’t play his sword. However, I think that the benefits of a vitality boost (and resistance, which might come in handy with One Last Surprise, especially with the several copies of Measure of Comfort, and Radagast, Tender of beasts)

It will definitely be used with the Gandalf RB some, due to its resistance +1 ability. (And because of RB protection, most people won’t assign him, and thus Glamdring, Foe-Hammer wouldn’t work anyway.)

Also, I think it would fit in with the ents, as you can usually add tons of threats with ents, and thus remove burdens.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion