LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Cobra
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:54 pm
This is the official thread for the January LOTR TCG Card Giveaway, a month-long promotional event to ring in the new year.

At random intervals throughout this month, I will post a prize that’s up for grabs, along with some sort of challenge that must be completed in order to win it. These little events will NOT be announced ahead of time, so be sure to log on regularly and keep an eye on this thread! Very Happy

All prizes will be sent out at the beginning of February. If you win a challenge and don’t already have a Cobra Cards store account, be sure to drop me a line with your mailing address.

We’ll start off small. The first card giveaway is a FOIL Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow, sales incentive promotional card 0 P 81 from the release of the Black Rider set. The challenge is simple: Tell me where Decipher got the names of Ulaire Toldea and the other Ringwraiths.

Post your answers here, and be thorough. First correct, complete response wins it!
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
The first part "Ulaire" means "Ringwraith" and the second part "Attea, Nelya, etc." means "second, third, etc.". The Witch-King was considered to be First. (BTW, this was from the Elvish)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:15 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
well if this is easy, i am dead. Laughing Razz d'oh!

cool CG, i never knew that. Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:40 am
Well done CG! Foil Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow goes to you.

Next up...

The Prize:
A foil Guard of the White Tree, promo card 0 P 107, commemorating the release of the Bloodlines set.

The Challenge:
Design one or more dream cards titled "Guard of the [Colored] [Thing]." (For example, Guard of the Black Gate, Guard of the Red Eye, Guard of the Golden Hall, etc.) Post your cards to this dream card thread.

On January 3rd at midnight CST, a poll will be added to that thread for voting, and the dream card author with the most total votes will win the foil Guard of the White Tree.

Good luck! Very Happy

Update: This challenge has been won by menace64.
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:25 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:03 pm
While folks are voting for their favorite Dream Guard (hehe), let’s kick off another one shall we?

Prize #3:
A foil Black Rider preview card, number 0 P 20, distributed as part of the Black Rider Tour in 2003.

Challenge #3:
Design a Shadow deck using at least one card from all 17 LOTR TCG sets, including Rise of Saruman.

Note that there is no single Shadow culture that is present in every set, so you’ll have to diversify.

Post your deck designs to one of the LOTR TCG Deck Clinics in the normal way -- be sure to mention this contest so readers won’t think you’ve gone nuts. Wink Then come back here and post a link to your deck’s thread.

The deadline for this event is January 10 at midnight CST; after that we’ll take a vote to determine the best design!
Last edited by Cobra on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:21 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:18 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Quick question...this also includes the Wraith Collection and Expanded ME draft sets, right? (Sets 14, 16)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:52 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
he did say 17 sets so I would assume so.

Quote:
Challenge #3:
Design a Shadow deck using at least one card from all 17 LOTR TCG sets, including Rise of Saruman
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 am
Click here for my deck. Smile

Edit: All 17 sets confirmed! -- Cobra
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:13 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Quick question...this also includes the Wraith Collection and Expanded ME draft sets, right? (Sets 14, 16)

Yes. Just to be totally and unequivocally clear about this, Shadow decks for this challenge must have at least one card from each of the following sets:

Fellowship of the Ring
Mines of Moria
Realms of the Elf-lords
The Two Towers
Battle of Helm’s Deep
Ents of Fangorn
Return of the King
Siege of Gondor
Reflections
Mount Doom
Shadows
BlackNOLINK Rider
Bloodlines
Expanded Middle-earth
The Hunters
The Wraith Collection
Rise of Saruman
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
drveni
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:25 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
My deck

Edit: All 17 sets confirmed! -- Cobra

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion