LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
drveni
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:00 pm
Joined: 01 Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Location: Velika Gorica, Croatia
I think that a lot of players playing orc culture mix to many strategies into their decks instead of going for just one. I’ll try to do something different. The point of this deck is to add just 5 burdens (at least) and to discard as much cards as it is possible... and then... The Beckoning Shadow

18 Minions:
Scurrying Goblin ×4
Isengard Underling ×4
Orkish Smith ×4
Porter Troll ×4
Watchful Orc ×2

5 Conditions
Goblin Hordes ×4
The Beckoning Shadow

7 Events
Bound to its Fate ×4
Dread and Despair ×3

It’s very easy to play this deck... But must be paired to matching fellowship.
If you play Standard then play discarding dwarwes and if you play Expanded I recomend big Elves with the White arrows of lorien (start with Arwen, Daughter of elrond so you can add pathfinder ×4 Very Happy)

Bid high to go second and play sites (mostly underground)

I repeat... The point of this deck is to play The Beckoning Shadow (5 burdens is piece of cake for this shadow but to empty the draw deck could be a problem).

Only thing I’m not so shure about is do I need 4 copies of Scurrying goblin... (tought of adding another Watchful Orc)

Enjoy!!! Hapy new year!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:11 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pretty nice, I’d recommend looking into pairing it with a Free Peoples that uses Gandalf and Mellon! That works wonders with discarding.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
drveni
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:21 am
Hmmm.. Great card!

Dwarves/Gandalf deck! I like it a lot
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:04 am
I think Orc corruption (btw the orc culture in general) is so great because there are so many ways to play it... you can’t say there’s only one build like beasterlings or corsairs...

I play this deck totaly diferent from yours! I play only for corruption, using orc miscreant and doind whatever I can to make him last untouched in the regroup phase, so that I get 2 burdens added...with the new wargs can you imagine adding 4 burdens in the regroup phase?

I think since discarding is your theme you should consider putting in Gorbag, Filthy Rebel and pairing it with dwarves / gandalf with mellon, nobody tosses a dwarf and all the other discarding stuff there is. Just keep in mind that you need 5 burdens at least, so maybe you’d want some more corruption in your shadow side...
Cobra
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 am
Cool deck!

I also like the idea of using Mellon with the Free Peoples side -- it helps deck both your opponent and yourself, so The Beckoning Shadow will always be there for you. Might even occasionally help add a burden or two, by preventing your opponent from hoarding FP events to feed Porter Troll / Bound To Its Fate. Very Happy

Speaking of which... how do you handle the Elven events matchup?
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMHO elven events decks cannot be beaten by any orc corruption, but if your freeps could discard enough cards, you might have a chance. I run a deck kinda a suaron discard/ dwarven discard with The Irresistible Shadow but I never though of trying out the orc version. How does your minion side discard cards? as far as I see the only way is for them to discard events.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
drveni
Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:04 am
The point is that I’m still working on this deck and that each deck has its weakneses (in this case all event decks)... Every version of elf deck is a killer not only event deck but if you play the right free peoples side the problem is solved.

Many decks (esspecialy this) need synergy between shadow and free peoples side you play. I think that Dwarf/Gandalf Men discarding would be great for this shadow as I mentioned.

These are some cards that are great to use..

Dwarven Warrior ×4 (good thing is that this is a non unique companion and you can play others even if one copy is in the dead pile)

Mellon! ×4 (great card for Dwarf/Gandalf Men deck and could discard a lot of cards)

Nobody tosses a dwarf ×4
Dwarven axe ×4
Subterranean Homestead
Thorin III (Rise of Saruman)

And a lot of events to boost your dwarves to win skirmishes (and to kill shadow like this Dancing )

I’ll set free peoples side and try it very soon... will let you know...

bye
alehaak
Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:07 pm
how do u use mellon in a dwarven/gandalf deck if you need to spot 2 gandalf companions?!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
gandalf/radagast probably.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
alehaak
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:35 pm
i think brand, KoD and Radagast can be better on this deck ;p

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard