LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2 Uruk Scaler Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Site Number: 5
Damage +1.
While you can spot 3 Uruk-hai minions, Free Peoples cards cannot add, remove, or spot threats.

That’s a nifty idea: completely take away threat use from the FP player, and limit it to Shadow only. Me likey.

I have a slight concern he could be a little too good with a perma-damage +1 also, but I think his low strength helps offset that.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
8 Vanguard of Isengard Uruk-hai
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 18
Vitality: 4
Damage +1. To play, spot an Uruk-hai card.
While you cannot spot any other minions, skip the maneuver phase and the archery phase.

I was going to say to make him unique, but with his text I guess there’s really no reason to do that. I mean, if you have two out, you’re eliminating his nice ability and just going for brute strength.

Anyways, I think it’s pretty well balanced. The fact that it must spot an Uruk-hai card but the easy method, a cheap minion, negates his text makes him almost a little too expensive. However, since even without his ability he’s a wrecking machine, I think it all balances out.

Nutshell: nice card. Smile
Pywils
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 am
Last 2 for the culture:

Uruk Scaler
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Damage +1.
While you can spot 3 minions, Free Peoples cards cannot add, remove, or spot threats.

Extremely cool/weird. This could make into a lot of decks, not just Uruk ones, hurts gimli, bearer of grudges sooooooooooo much.

Vanguard of Isengard
Minion • Uruk-hai
Strength: 18
Damage +1. To play, spot an card.
While you cannot spot any other minions, skip the maneuver phase and the archery phase.

[color=red]interesting, not as though he’d be harmed by archery though.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:09 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Whoa...good point about Uruk Scaler. And that might be waaaay too powerful against Gimli, Bearer of Grudges...forcing the Freeps to burden him?? Then again, he can be incredibly damage pumped...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:26 pm
Well, you have to get a minion to actually skirmish Gimli, and he only works in a dedicated Uruk-hai deck since he needs to spot 3 Uruk-hai minions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:43 pm
gimli beare of grudges needs hindering
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Pywils
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:17 pm
Quote:
gimli beare of grudges needs hindering

agreed, he is used in for then half the decks, and pratically all wounding decks.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 pm
Next up.... Rohan!

1 •Dunhere, Dunharrow Villager Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Aid - 3.
When you transfer Dunhere to a Rohan hunter, you may exert that hunter to take a Rohan event into hand from your discard pile.

(yeah, powerful... but Rohan needs a boost.)

2 Enheartened Rohan
Event • Response
If a Rohan Man wins a skirmish, make another Rohan Man strength +2 until the regroup phase (or strength +4 and damage +1 until the regroup phase if that Man is non-unique).

1 •Muster the Rohirrim Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan follower, you may add 1 to play a Rohan possession from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Spot 3 Rohan followers to heal 2 Rohan Men. Discard this condition.

1 Rohirrim Gauntlets Rohan
Possession • Gauntlets
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make a minion skirmishing bearer lose fierce until the regroup phase. That minion may exert to prevent this.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:23 am; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Next up.... Rohan!
I’m bored so I will review
1 •Dunhere, Dunharrow Villager Rohan
Follower
Strength +1
Aid - 3.
When you transfer Dunhere to a Rohan hunter, you may exert that hunter to take a Rohan event into hand from your discard pile.
works. I can picture a simbelmyne combo, consider making it skirmish event

1 •Muster the Rohirrim Rohan
Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a Rohan follower, you may add 1 to play a Rohan possession from your draw deck.
Fellowship: Spot 3 Rohan followers to heal 2 Rohan Men. Discard this condition.
fine by me

1 Rohirrim Gauntlet Rohan
Possession • Gauntlets
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make a minion skirmishing bearer lose fierce until the regroup phase. That minion may exert to prevent this.

boy I’ve nearly forgotten what it is like ot actually have something to say about a card,
well good cards all of them.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
works. I can picture a simbelmyne combo, consider making it skirmish event

Well, keep in mind that you would have to keep Symbelmyne until the next turn to use it.

And since I’m bored:

4 •Saruman, Locked in his Tower Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Site Number: 4
Saruman may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Saruman, you may add a threat for each companion over 5.
Shadow or Regroup: Remove 2 threats to exert a companion or reveal the Free People player’s hand.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:21 am; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:31 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
4 •Saruman, Locked in his Tower Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Site Number: 4
Saruman may not take wounds during the archery phase and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Saruman, you may add a threat for each companion over 5 you can spot.
Shadow: Remove 3 threats to exert a companion or reveal the Free People player’s hand.

I’m not really a fan of the subtitle, as it’s kind of...abnormal compared to old ones. I don’t know though. I do think you could lessen his Shadow text to 2 threats and make it Shadow or Regroup.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards