LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
syndrome
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:58 pm
This is an update for my flames and foul wounds deck.

[32] Fires and Foul Wounds:
[20] Minions:
x4 Isengard Shaman (3 C 59)
x2 Isengard Smith (3 U 60)
x2 Isengard Warrior (3 U 61)
x2 Isengard Worker (3 C 62)
x1 •Orc Commander (3 R 64)
x2 Isengard Artisan (6 C 65)
x3 Isengard Plotter (6 C 69)
x2 Isengard Tender (6 U 70)
x2 Isengard Mechanics (6 R 127)
[08] Conditions:
x4 Hollowing of Isengard (3 R 54)
x3 Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning (6 U 63)
[02] Possessions:
x3 Isengard Axe (3 C 55)
[02] Events:
x2 Fires and Foul Fumes (6 R 62)

Stratagem:
Twilight Management
You’ll want to try to invest your twilight in your "Hollowing of Isengard"s for later use at sites 5-9. "Isengard Axe"s not only give your minions strength boosts, but they add twilight.

"Isengard Mechanics"s have an ability which also adds twilight. (VERY useful, especially nice combo when your opponent has 6 companions, and you have 2 other cards on the stack, and at least 3 twilight already)

Staying Alive
You’ll use your "Isengard Shaman"s to prevent wounds.

Regroup Madness
Here is where the real fun begins. Every minion, other than the Shaman, in the deck has a regroup ability. Alone they’re ok, when combined they are lethal.

Your "Isengard Worker"s and "•Orc Commander" both have the ability of exerting to make the FP wound a companion. In addition, the commander gives your minions a strength bonus.

"Isengard Warrior" is equipped with not only a great regroup ability (exert him and spot 3 wounds on the RB to exert every companion) but also has a static ability (when you can spot another [issy] minion) that eliminates archery special abilities. No more pesky controlled archery ^_^

"Isengard Smith" has a nice ability that lets you discard weapons, and ALL FP possessions if you can spot 5 companions.

After the above abilities are abused to there max, you get down to yet more wounding. Via your "Isengard Plodder"s, "Isengard Artisans" and "Isengard Mechanics"s you can discard each minion on the field, forcing your opponent to wound a companion for each minion discarded (2 if the mechanics’ special text is met). Each minion discarded by using a regroup action can then be stacked on "Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning" for further abilites/playing minions from your discard pile.

As mentioned above (in twilight management) the mechanics have a from-stack ability, as one other card does. The "Isengard Tender" also sports a stacked regroup ability. For a mere 2 twilight, and the discarding of the tender, you can exhaust a FP. I’m sure you can see the many situations this ability shines in ^_^

Overview
When I first played this Shadow deck, it lacked the shamans and snows, which meant hardly any of my cards survived to the regroup phase. Hopefully, when the cards arrive (in a couple days), I’ll be able to give you a proper review of how it plays.
Last edited by syndrome on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:59 am; edited 2 times in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:46 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
have you thought of adding orc overseer? i really like it! you really like issy orcs, don't you?
syndrome
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:39 pm
I really like the idea behind them, so I figured I would try and make a worthy issy orc deck ^_^

I just realized I didn't explain Fires and Foul Fumes in the stratagem... I think y'all can figure out its purpose Very Happy

Oh, I'll check into the overseers. Thanks for the suggestion.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:45 pm
i like it! one hting i notice is that you're really rellying on having orcs left over till the regroup phase. not nesiserily the best stratege.
syndrome
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:06 pm
I'll just have to see how well the shamans and snows do. If they get slaughtered too often for the deck to come together, I'll probably end up scrapping the deck. Sad
ingold55
Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:41 pm
well, good luck with your deck! Very Happy
syndrome
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:47 pm
I checked out the Overseer and I want at least 2. I'll have to check with some friends or somethings. Thanks for the tip ^_^
ingold55
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:55 pm
yah, my brother used that card on me once. i didn't like it. it almost almost knocked out one of my companions. Crying or Very sad
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:39 am
Perty Schweet! The deck will do good when conventional fighting is hard to do. Also, Saruman's Snows is X-Listed.
syndrome
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:57 am
Lol, you just had to point that out...

I’ll be replacing the snows with x1 axe and x1 gbhb.. until i can get some overseers/more warriors.
Last edited by syndrome on Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded