LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:32 pm
Brad has just said on the Decipher boards that RoS’s release date is March 1st!

Less than 2 weeks away!

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:34 pm
Shocked That’s not good. How are they gonna correct all their errors before then...

Or are they going to submit an individual card ruling document with every sale once it releases...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Cobra
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:42 pm
The printers have been working on Rise of Saruman for weeks already. Would you rather have Decipher stop the presses, make us wait another two months, and charge more for the set to compensate their losses, all so you can read "stampede" instead of "stamped?" Rolling Eyes

I suspect most of the little errors we’ve seen will be on the physical cards. I also suspect there will be a second printing (since the first one is already sold out to distributors) which will fix these problems.

As far as rulings go, there’s plenty of time for that.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:24 pm
Well....as soon as any of my friends activate any special abilities on any cards I’m gonna jump on them. IT SAYS TO PLAY SPOT AN Orc Orc, not an Orc orc. CAPITAL O FOR PETE’S SAKE. And no, you can’t use that warg-rider’s special, cause its not being borne by anything. And you can’t discard that possession cause it says discard that condition....

Seriously, I’d rather wait 2 months than have all the confusion that comes with RoS.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:47 pm
NBarden wrote:
Well....as soon as any of my friends activate any special abilities on any cards I’m gonna jump on them. IT SAYS TO PLAY SPOT AN Orc Orc, not an Orc orc. CAPITAL O FOR PETE’S SAKE. And no, you can’t use that warg-rider’s special, cause its not being borne by anything. And you can’t discard that possession cause it says discard that condition....

Seriously, I’d rather wait 2 months than have all the confusion that comes with RoS.

Same here. It’s ridiculous not to say absurd and disregarding with every single player out there. I don’t think it’s worth to waste money on bad printed cards and ideas that seem to come out of nowhere just because it was scheduled to release a new set.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
they have something called erratra. I want RoS to release as soon as possible so I can start trading again.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:46 pm
See post on the new warg thread. Until they issue errata, its not usable. Period.
shieldelf
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:22 pm
I would rather just buy cards that I need and that have no errors... then I could use them. Any idea when we can buy them cobra?
Elfs pwn, need I say more??? Wink
My RPG
My DC contest
My trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:16 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Heh, anyone notice that this release date is exactly 1 year later than the ATAR release date for RoS? Razz

Well, I’m glad to see that it’s getting released. And no, I won’t complain about the small errors. They’ll get errata’d, and I’m not the type of guy who acts like a policy debater when playing LOTR. I’d completely accept Axe Strike and Orc Ambusher, even the misprinted ones. (BTW, that’s just as bad, if not worse, than some of the small errors)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 am
Thank goodness. Let’s hope we don’t go on another year-long hiatus; though the errors are rather unprofessional, I would rather them get the cards to us than continually delay and cast the shadow of doubt over our minds.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion