LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
How playable is White Hand Guard?

5 (best)  
66%
  [ 8 ]  66%

33%
  [ 4 ]  33%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 12
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Yeah!

This is a hunter minion I will definitely add to my Uruk-hai hunter deck. He’s kinda like Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord, but since White Hand Guard is a hunter he can get the damage bonus from Violent Hurl.

I give him a 5.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
seems pretty average ot me, average twilight, average keywords, average vitality, but a nice minion overall with that ability of his.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:47 pm
Basic Uruk-hai minion, its nice to see D make something that’s simple every once in a while. I thought that simple minions were gone. His simplicity doesn’t affect his power, his stats are good and he can exhaust himself to make him strength +4, and can bear an Isengard Siege Bow and the new spear for added vitality. He gets a 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gillian
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:21 am
He will be better with 8 strength, and 3 twilight, but he is a deck material.
Cobra
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 am
A 9/3 minion for 4 twilight isn’t so great, but you could easily consider him an 11/2 or a 13/1 minion instead -- especially if you’re not worried about facing many archery or wounding fellowships. Then the fierce bonus and the potential damage +1 from Violent Hurl really mean something.

Strong card, and very versatile. I would add this to my Uruk-hai hunter deck without thinking twice. 5 from me!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:14 am
I foresee him becoming a staple in most Uruk-hai hunter decks. Very nice card, especially when coupled with Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord. He gets a 5 from me. Smile
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:07 am
Cobra wrote:
A 9/3 minion for 4 twilight isn’t so great, but you could easily consider him an 11/2 or a 13/1 minion instead -- especially if you’re not worried about facing many archery or wounding fellowships. Then the fierce bonus and the potential damage +1 from Violent Hurl really mean something.

Strong card, and very versatile. I would add this to my Uruk-hai hunter deck without thinking twice. 5 from me!
Ahh, yes. The wonders of power creep. Just looking back at Fellowship of the Ring set, 4 twilight for a 9/3 plain minion or a 9/2 Damage +1 minion was pretty standard. Of course the companions were also weaker back then and didn’t have so many permanents (weapons) so 9 strength actually meant something.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:11 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeeowch! I would say he’s just about as good as Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord. And now you don’t need to use Agent, so you can use Servant of Sauron!!

And just look at that potential high vitality...with Isengard Siege Bow and Uruk Broadsword, this guy’s practically untouchable!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion