LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
sperzdechly
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:48 pm
--- description ---
One of the best expanded decks ever
--- end description ---
Deck contains at least one card from each set. Designed for Cobra’s contest.

Starting:

9R+33 • Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
11R1 • The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

8R15 • Gandalf, Leader of Men
5C17 Forest Guardian

Free Peoples Draw Deck

3x 1U70 • Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
1x 1R83 Servant of the Secret Fire
1x 2R22 • Gandalf’s Staff
2x 2C26 Speak "Friend" and Enter
1x 3C30 Deep in Thought
2x 4U99 Roll of Thunder
1x 6R28 • Ent Horde
2x 7R50 Terrible and Evil
1x 7U93 Footman’s Armor
4x 8R20 Saved From the Fire
1x 9R+26 • Radagast, The Brown
1x 10R17 Out of the High Airs
1x 10R18 • Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood
1x 11R30 • Erland, Dale Counselor
4x 11S32 G for Grand
1x 12C34 Traveled Leader
1x 13U31 The Flame of Anor
1x 13U34 Look to My Coming
1x 13R37 • Pallando, Far-travelling One
1x 14R6 • Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain
1x 15U37 • Skinbark, Elder Ent
1x 17R24 • Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas

Free Peoples Total 35

Strategy
Frankly speaking, this deck has everything you can need. Condition discard, possesion discard, burden removal, path control, direct woundind, great filtering, strong companions...And what’s important - you can take cards you need directly from your deck using Saved From the Fire.

At the start you have to burn (it means use the Saved From the Fire) one or two companions (remember the rule of 4! To burn 2 companions, you have to do it on the 1st and the 2nd site) to take those cards, which you think will be helpful in a current match. For sure there will be some companions, maybe Gandalf’s equipment and some events. It depends on your hand and your opponent.

The rest is easy - just run to the site 9th! There should be no problem with it. Radagast can give you move limit +1. Barliman and Erland will supply you with the events, Treebeard can return G for Grand’s in case they’re discarded, Minions shouldn’t be an obsacle - you have strong companions, 4x G for Grand’s and events to get rid of them. If they are high-vitality or cannot take wounds, Out of the High Airs will take them down and open your way to the next site. You have path control, so you can play with sites to complete your journey "on the familiar ground".

Possible match-ups:
Swarms - Isildur is 7, with G for Grands 11, wearing Footman’s Armor and protected by events cycled by Erland - practically immortal. Orcs won’t see much of their precious Goblin Swarms or Goblin Hordes because of Pallando, Treebeard and Deep in Thought. In case of emergency you can always switch site to Caras Galadhon using Travelled Leader.

Force - Treabeard can be even 17 strength + events. The rest of companions close to it or even more (Grimbeorn). Playing with corsairs remeber to cycle Roll of Thunder and sink their boats.

Archery - Self-healing Grimbeorn will be key-character here. Additionally path control focused on playing North Undeep in front of you, getting it back in the regroup phase, and playing it again.

Corruption - Having Shadowfax at the 1st site it won’t be hard to remove burdens in case of any. Enquea will be killed in maneuver (Terrible and Evil), so main threat won’t harm you. For Orc Corruption remember to keep a few events in hand at every site.

That’s all. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this article and maybe learn something new. Any feedback is most appreciate.
Last edited by sperzdechly on Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the pinnacle of zirak-zigil thing doesn’t work it is at the start of your fellowship phase, while saved from the fire is played during your fellowship phase. Otherwise cool.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sperzdechly
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:23 am
Yeah, I didn’t check carefully this site... I’m sorry. I’ve corrected strategy tips.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded