LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
--- description ---
That’s right, Tom is a fighter now! Uses Aragorn and Bombadil as powerful fighters, with Hobbits behind them. Hobbit Sword and Bombadil protect your hobbits, as well as Dagger Strike.
--- end description ---

Ring-Bearer and Ring
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles

Starting Fellowship-3
Merry, Rohirrim Squire
Sam, Great Elf Warrior
Aragorn, Strider

Allies-3
Tom Bombadil, The Master 3x

Possessions-9
Hobbit Sword 3x
Anduril, Blade That Was Broken 2x
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow 2x
Kingsfoil 2x

Events-8
Dagger Strike 4x
One Whom Men Would Follow 4x

Conditions-8
Fates Entwined 4x
Sudden Fury 4x

Pretty straightforward. Get your hobbits into skirmishes they won’t get overwhelmed in, and let them lose. If you’re forced into a hard skirmish, or face someone like Enquea, use Bombadil for cancelling. Kingsfoil keeps your Hobbits alive and without nasty Wraith, Sauron, Uruk-hai, or Men conditions, and Aragorn’s Bow can finish off some dangerous guys...and can provide the threats needed to play Bombadillo.

Sudden Fury lets Hobbits, especially Sam, win key skirmishes, and then Fates Entwined kicks in.

But what’s really fun is this: you get to use One Whom Men Would Follow with Bombadil! That’s a Strength 17 skirmisher!! And practically unkillable, with 9 Vitality. Use him wisely, and have fun with him!
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pywils
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 pm
thats really cool, i havent seen a deck like that for a while.

I’d throw in Boromir, Son of Denethor and Horn of Boromir.

Watch out, though cuz nowadays theres a lot of ally killers.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:22 pm
Horn of Boromir is x-ed. However, if you wanna play it in open, use the Boromir RB and Horn of Boromir.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:10 am
Indeed, I’d love to be able to use the Horn. But alas, I can’t. This is the reason why. So now, I can only use Tommy four times.

Keep your eyes peeled for another deck with Tommy!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pywils
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:22 pm
alright, thanks forgot the horn was x-ed.

im ready for another tommy deck
OneFathom
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:07 am
I would suggest Merry, Rohirrim Squire instead of From Over The Brandywine, because of your ability to add threats as early as site two instead of having to wait for 2 Aragorn’s Bows. Although you would run into a problem if you were faced with not being able to use skirmish special abilities, Merry - RS seems like a more viable option, especially if your Hobbit Swords are discarded. Just a suggestion...
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:10 am
Good idea! I’ll do that. I forgot about his ability. And it would definitely help out in a pinch.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
OneFathom
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:18 am
I’m glad I could help CG! Now that I think of it, if you were to actually play this deck, use Anduin Confluence as one of your sites. You would still play Tom, use his ability to fight and remove threats (or burdens), but once you play Anduin Confluence, you would have to discard all allies. On your next fellowship phase, you could play another Tom, remove the threats, and have Merry’s ability ready to rock again. Then again, you could just use something like Nine-Fingered Frodo And The Ring Of Doom, but then the FP would have to be modified. Just a thought.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:48 am
You know, that is a sweet idea! Pair it with Forestguls, and I can use Ulaire Nelya to recycle Tom...thanks for the tip! I’ll have to think about actually using this deck!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:31 am
BTW, I reccomend Pippin, Sworn To Service over Merry, Rohirrim Squire. Just a thought.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded