LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:31 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
muchos graciasos Rolling Eyes (couldn’t resist)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:53 pm
Time for Gandalf! Cool As stated in the opening post, the Gandalf cards will include 6 rares, 4 uncommons, and 8 commons.

1 • The Enemy Is Coming Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Gandalf and add a threat.
Each time a Shadow player takes control of a site, you may heal a companion.
U33

1 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spot Gandalf and exert a Gandalf companion to make that companion strength +2 (limit +6).
C34

4 • Curunir, Leader of the White Council Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Muster.
To play, spot a Gandalf companion.
Each time Curunir wins a skirmish, you may exert him and add a burden to wound a minion.
R35
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:40 pm; edited 4 times in totalI had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:13 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Time for Gandalf! Cool As stated in the opening post, the Gandalf cards will include 6 rares, 6 uncommons, and 8 commons.

2 • On Your Doorstep Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
U33

Obviously change the title...but its pretty good, kinda specific...

2 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert a companion to make that companion strength +2 (limit +4).
C34

Exert a companion any number of times to make him strength +2 for each time he exerted. (Limit +4). Other than that, should be Uncommon to Rare. Here we have a generic pump that works on everyone.

4 • Saruman, Leader of the White Council Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Hunter 1. Muster.
Each time Saruman wins a skirmish, you may exert him and add a burden to wound a minion.
R35

Saruman isn’t a hunter...he works behind the scenes. Which is why Muster is perfect on him. Nice card, cut the hunter bonus.

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 pm
NBarden wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Time for Gandalf! Cool As stated in the opening post, the Gandalf cards will include 6 rares, 6 uncommons, and 8 commons.

2 • On Your Doorstep Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
U33

Obviously change the title...but its pretty good, kinda specific...

Fixed.

NBarden wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Exert a companion to make that companion strength +2 (limit +4).
C34

Exert a companion any number of times to make him strength +2 for each time he exerted. (Limit +4). Other than that, should be Uncommon to Rare. Here we have a generic pump that works on everyone.

I added ’Spot Gandalf’, plus I specified that the companion must be a Gandalf companion. To top it all off, I lowered the cost to 1 and made it an uncommon.

NBarden wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Hunter 1. Muster.
Each time Saruman wins a skirmish, you may exert him and add a burden to wound a minion.
R35

Saruman isn’t a hunter...he works behind the scenes. Which is why Muster is perfect on him. Nice card, cut the hunter bonus.

Fixed. Thanks for the reviews! Smile
I had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

2 • The Enemy Is Coming Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
U33
Hmm...very nice and balanced. I like how this works.
1 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spot Gandalf and exert a Gandalf companion to make that companion strength +2 (limit +4).
U34
Very interesting, although I dunno if I’d use it. An exertion for a pump that can only be used twice? Lower its cost to 0?
Companion • Wizard
Muster.
R35
Very nice! My one gripe is that now you’ve prevented the Shadow player from playing a Saruman minion. Maybe change it up somehow, like calling him Curunir?
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Mouth of Saruman
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:02 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
muchos graciasos Rolling Eyes (couldn’t resist)

Actually, it’s muchas gracias. Irrelevant, but I couldn’t resist. Very Happy

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area

I’d lower the initial cost by 1 due to the card’s spotting requirements and specificity.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
Spot Gandalf and exert a Gandalf companion to make that companion strength +2 (limit +4).

Good. Basic, generic pump.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Muster.

Most Free People Saruman cards tend to be named ’Curunír,’ but that is more of a personal decision than anything. I’d raise his strength to 8; can’t have Gandalf the Grey and Radagast the Brown having more strength than him. Good card. Mr. Green
Last edited by Mouth of Saruman on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Condition • Support Area
U33
make it only cost 1, or make it non-unique. otherwise it is worthless

1 Sword-strike Gandalf
Event • Skirmish
U34
don’t get why you have a limit. how about spot glamdring to make an unbound companion strength +4? or +2 if 4 would be to good?

Companion • Wizard
Muster.
R35

make it exert him and add a threat IMO. To show with his victories he is getting conceited and desiring more power which will eventually cause problems.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:22 pm
Edited as follows....I lowered the twilight cost of The Enemy Is Coming to 1. I raised the strength boost limit to ’+6’ on Sword-strike. I changed Saruman’s name to ’Curunir’ and raised his strength to 8. Thanks for reviewing! Smile

0 • Wisdom of Curunir Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Curunir and discard a card from hand.
Each time Curunir loses a skirmish, add a Gandalf token here.
Maneuver: Remove 2 Gandalf tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary). Then either exert a Gandalf companion or discard this condition.
U36

0 Name Him Not! Gandalf
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Discard Gandalf to remove all twilight tokens from the twilight pool.
R37

1 Counsel I Gave Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gandalf and discard a Gandalf card from hand to heal an Elven companion.
U38
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:24 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Edited as follows....I lowered the twilight cost of The Enemy Is Coming to 1. I raised the strength boost limit to ’+6’ on Sword-strike. I changed Saruman’s name to ’Curunir’ and raised his strength to 8. Thanks for reviewing! Smile

0 • Wisdom of Curunir Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot Curunir and discard a card from hand.
Each time Saruman loses a skirmish, add a Gandalf token here.
Maneuver: Remove 2 Gandalf tokens from here to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing an opponent’s site if necessary). Exert a Gandalf companion or discard this condition.
U36
Very interesting! The only thing I don’t like is that you’ve got it very specific. How many decks in your Meta use Saruman? You should have another, less powerful, more generic ability.
0 Name Him Not! Gandalf
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Discard Gandalf to remove all twilight tokens from the twilight pool.
R37
Very interesting, and I like this one! Very cool card.
3 Counsel I Gave Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Spot Gandalf and discard 3 cards from hand to heal an Elven companion.
U38
Not bad, although it’s overcosted. I mean, 3 cards and 3 just for one tiny healing? A Fool, Athelas...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:34 pm
My mistake on ’Wisdom of Curunir’ regarding Saruman losing skirmishes; I meant "Each time Curunir loses a skirmish...." I lowered the twilight cost of ’Counsel I Gave’ to 2 and specified that only one card must be discarded from hand (a Gandalf card). Thanks for reviewing! Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards