LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:03 am
Personally, Hobbits have always been my favorite culture. They afterall, are the core of the story. The will to risk their lives and the wisdom to spare others theirs. When Frodo makes the decision not to kill Gollum, he unwittingly saves his own life and destroyes the ring all at the same time. So here is my favorite freeps with my favorite shadow. Thanks for reading guys and welcoming me to Cobra Cards. Bartender, bring me another!

Note: This might seem like an article but I do actually need help with it.

Free(32) Shadow(32)

Starting
Sam Bearer of Great Need w/ The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry
Frodo Frenzied Fighter
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer

Followers
Pallando, Far-travelling One
Daddy Twofoot Next Door Neighbor
Frodo Gamgee Son of Samwise
The Gaffer Master Gardener

Events
Narrow Escape x2
Concerning Hobbits x2
No Worse for Wear

Possessions/Artifacts
Hobbit Sword x3
Bill the Pony Dearly-loved
Mithril-coat Dwarf-mail

Sting Weapon of Heritage
Phial of Galadriel Star-Glass

Conditions
Fates Entwined x2
Habits of Home x3
A Promise x4
Birthday Present
Sudden Fury x3

Companions(nonstarting)
Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish

Shadow

Minions
Gollum Dark as Darkness
Gollum Vile Creature
Gollum Mad Thing
Shelob Her Ladyship x3

Events

Desperate Move
Led Astray x2
Little Snuffler
Let Her Deal With Them
Sudden Strike x2
Unseen Foe x2
Horribly Strong x2
Captured by the Ring x4
Not this Time x2

Conditions

Promise Keeping x2
Plotting
Incited
Fat One Wants It x2
Treacherous Little Toad x2

Possessions
Web

--------------------------------

Free Notes

Sites: All dwelling or forest to pump Concerning Hobbits, the Gaffer, ect.

Healing: Fates Entwined and the Gaffer are there to double up on all the healing, especially if I need to use Pallando.

Burden removal: Sting and Bilbo are there to remove all the burdens my followers and Birthday Present will be putting on.

Strategy:
I try to choke the pool with Habits while losing and then winning skirmishes with Sudden Fury and Concerning Hobbits. I also have three regular swords, the Gaffer, Frodo Gamgee, Pallando, Promise, and Such a Weight to help win. Then I discard minions in the regroup with Narrow Escape, Bill, and Sam. I threw Gandalf in as a splash in case someone dies (and because I don’t have another Pallando).

Shadow Notes

Events: Horribly Strong and Little Snuffler are there to wound the Free Peoples in the Shadow while they’re totally helpless. Then Unseen Foe ticks the big guys during regroup.

Conditions: Plotting, Fat One, and Captured by the Ring are there to add threats for Vile Creature and Not this Time. Promise keeping makes Shelob and Gollum damage +1, essentially.

Strategy:
Wound, wound, wound, exert, exert, wound, exert, prevent from healing, wound some more, exert, exert again, then kill.

The Shadow comes from an excellent article by Pipeweed last summer. He recommends Gollum Hopeless instead of Gollum Mad Thing but Hopeless kept getting his A kicked so I switched it. Any and all help is appreciated.
Last edited by yerkamig on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:34 am; edited 4 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ah yes, the old have a hobbit lose a skirmish, have another one win, heal the hobbit who lost, get rid of a condition with pallando, and get +4 in pumpage whenever you need it strategy! Laughing. boy narrow escape would be so much better with one more hobbit companion. Farmer maggot maybe? he could be 7 strength relatively easily with your site path.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:38 am
Hey thanks, SOP. I think I ’ll sub him in for Gandie, and just sit on him if I don’t need him.

I guess this deck is pretty good since I got both sides from here, and no one is responding. However, the freeps are pretty old and I was wondering if I should update it with anything from Hunters. SOP?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:15 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
No visitors maybe? if you put in F,M I would add another hobbit sword.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
yerkamig
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:36 am
I’ve already got 3 plus Sting. ANother?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:29 pm
only if you put in farmer maggot. just to give you an extra. I am not an expert on ninja gollum, in fact i have never even seen someone with the deck in my area. So I am kinda lost there.
"DáinIronfoot"
alehaak
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:25 pm
Take a look at my ninja gollum..

i’ve won a LOT of games with it... =]

Shadow (35)

Conditions:
2x *Fat One Wants It(7R57)
2x *Incited(11R44)
3x *Promise Keeping(8R24)
2x Hidden Even From Her(8C22)
2x Not This Time!(15R47)
2x They Stole It(6R46)

Events:
2x A Dark Shape Sprang(10R19)
4x Captured by the Ring(7C53)
2x Sudden Strike(15U51)
2x We Must Have It(5C30)
4x You’re a Liar and a Thief(6C47)

Minions:
1x *Gollum, Hopeless(15R43)
1x *Gollum, Mad Thing(10R21)
1x *Gollum, Old Villain(6C40)
1x *Shelob, Eater of Light(8R25)
2x *Shelob, Her Ladyship(10R23)

Possessions:
2x Web(8C30)

if u have some questions, tell me ^^
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Your Freeps looks very fun...I’d never really taken a look at the Phial-that is a very cool card!! Anyway, I think it looks good, although resistance for Sam might be a tiny problem, since it’s only hovering around 8-9. And yeah, I don’t think you need Gandalf, since you’re really not using him that much (no spells in the deck).
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
yerkamig
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:00 am
Hey thanks guys. Alehaak, I don’t understand why Hidden Even From Her is so good. A fierce Gollum usually dies, and if 6 companions get out, I don’t think my shadow is working too well.
alehaak
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:31 am
Belive me... on this build a fierce gollum is a nightmare ! You have They Stole it AND not this time... with 3 threats and 6 cards in hand you can kill a 9 vit companion ! ! ! or 2 4 vit companions (in a fierce skirmish Wink )

Gollum already kills 7 companions in 1 turn... alone !

with promise keeping each wound is an exert. You can kill every 3 vit companion EASILY... and when he kill you can bring YaLaaT with incited and kill another companion and normaly the opponent is maxed out with threats then for each threat is an exert... and all companions will die ! belive me !

HEFH is good against big fellows. You can bring gollum without discard any card from hand AND exert a companion ! Then you can play shelob and hold an YaLaaT to kill some other companion

on regroup stack them on web and gg ! ^^

i love this deck ^^

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard