LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Theoden_Horse-master
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:29 pm
Hi everybody,
I seem to be having trouble building decks and strategies of my own, and I am begging you for your help.

Freeps
Starting-
Frodo, Protected by Many
Eomer, TMoR
Gamling, DotH

Companions:
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
Theoden, the Renowned

Possessions:
Brego
Snowmane, Noble Mearas
Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark
Herugrim, SotM
Rider’s Spear
Eomer’s Spear
Eowyn’s Sword, DB
Riddermark Javelin x4
Rohirrim Shield x2
Rohirrim Helm x2

Conditions:
Freely Across Our Land
Doom Drove Them x2
We Left None Alive x2
Sword Rack x2
King’s Board

Events:
Simbelmyne x4
Rally Cry x3

*When the tournament is Extended open, I will usually use Fortress Never Fallen and Flaming brand.

Ok, the strategy is to use the tokens from doom drove them or snowmane to exhaust minions and then either discard a helm or boost strength with we left none alive.
If I’m swarmed, I’ll usually kill whoever is skirmishing Theoden and Eomer, take a wound with Gamling and try to kill whoever’s remaining with Eowyn’s effect.
If facing enduring minions (especially Nazgul) I try not to wound or exert them, take a wound and heal with the shield.
Against Uruks, this deck has been formidable, but has always fallen when someone puls a Grima.
Haven’t played against an Evil Man deck yet.

Shadow
Minions:
Uruk Veteran x4
Uruk Besieger x4
Uruk Assault Band x4
Advance Uruk Patrol x4
Uruk Vanguard x4
Siege Troop x2

Conditions:
Down to the Last Child
Attack on Helm’s Deep x2
Suffered Much Loss x2

Events:
Beyond All Hope x4
We are the Fighting Uruk-hai x4

Here, I try to go first to make sure that site 1 is a battleground, so when I control the first site, it’s a battleground. otherwise, I have no idea what to do.

Help, please!
~Death they cried, with one voice loud and terrible~
unlimited_08
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:53 pm
I have a Uruk sight control deck too. soo much fun to play with.

But I would put more site control stuff in there since thats what the deck revoulves around. I have a Lurtz and his sword in there too to help kill companions(damage+3). I would take the 4 Beyond all Hope out and put in 4 Savagery to match their numbers.
unlimited_08 (keep it real!)
Theoden_Horse-master
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:00 pm
Thanks for the suggestion,
would the Lurtz from Shadows work? Also, I don't have 4 Savagery to match their numbers, can you recommend something else?

Thanks again
~Death they cried, with one voice loud and terrible~
unlimited_08
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:48 pm
the lurtz from fellowship is best because he can be fierce and bred for battle
han_feizi
Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:19 am
I like the idea of fp, I played a somehow similar Rohan and can give some opinions

1) Riding Like the Wind (11c155) - it's awesome; this card won many games for me (moves from 6 to 9)

2) I played with Boromir BoC. It made posssible this combo: Firefoot from RK + Seeing Stone of Orthanc - it discards conditions really well (you must add of course Scroll of Isildur to increase resistance of Boromir)

3) Gamling is excellent at the beginning, but later on someone better could be used; maybe you should try to kill Gamling at site 5 or 6 and play Theodred or even Aragorn DoFP (I tried this and it worked with all those tokens)

4) Rally Cry is good, but I've always prefered Thundering Host

_____

I played against Evil Men archery <---- it hurts! There is a card Corsair Champion which is very dangerous against this deck. In fact, it forced me to give up AtaR for RoR and replace Boromir with Isildur
fingolfin
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:40 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Put in more companions, I would also put in Fay he seemed, one of the better Rohan pumps
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:58 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
the main thing i would suggest would be to replace firefoot motm with firefoot from two towers it adds two strenght to eomer 3rd marshal because of his effect and it gives him a permanent defender+1
also instead of killing theoden or eomer in case something goes wrong.. kill off gamling, his effect is good but eomer and theoden seem to be your main fighters.

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:55 pm
Shadow
Minions:
Uruk Veteran x4 Drop one
Uruk Besieger x4 Drop all four and add three Uruk-Hai Marauder
Uruk Assault Band x4 Drop all four and add three Uruk Stormer
Advance Uruk Patrol x4 Drop all four
Uruk Vanguard x4 Drop all four
Siege Troop x2
Add Uruk Regular x3
Add Uruk-Hai Band x2
add Uruk-Hai Patrol x3

Conditions:
Down to the Last Child Add one
Attack on Helm’s Deep x2 Add one
Suffered Much Loss x2 Drop both
Add Burning of westfold x2
Add Pillage of Rohan x2

Events:
Beyond All Hope x4 Drop All
We are the Fighting Uruk-hai x4 Drop 2

That puts your deck right at 30 cards and the burning of westfold will help with condition removal and the Pillage of rohan will help make sure your uruks win their fights for the Down to the Last Child. then after you get a few sites start dropping free uruks anbd use your uruk regulars to help drop the bigger uruks. By the time you are ready to do that you should have at least 3 or 4 sites and that will make your Uruk-Hai Band a beast. Good luck with the deck
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard