LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:34 am
--- description ---
A three hunter’s deck type revolving around an Aragorn tank.
--- end description ---

Here’s my theoretical decklist, I want to try to construct it ASAP.

(35 cards)

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Gimli, Eager Hunter
Legolas, of the Woodland Realm

Aragorn, Thorongil
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver x 3

Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow
Ithilien blade x 2
Ranger’s Cloak
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
Ring of Fury
Long-Knives of Legolas

Forth The Three Hunters! x 4
No Quicker Path x 4
Focus x 4
Whatever End x 2
Home and Hearth x 3
Sixth Level x 2
Soldier’s Cache x 2 (RoS)

Pallando, Far-Travelling One

Strategy: Get your cards in play, and you’re set. Bid to go first, play Aragorn at site 1 with either The Prancing Pony or East Wall of Rohan.

Even if you’re decked, you can keep going. Pallando is there to get rid of any nasty shadow conditions, and you can heal Aragorn right back with Focus. Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver wounds those minions made roaming with Soldier’s Cache and Ranger’s Cloak, and then pulls burdens off Isildur with Home and Hearth. Sixth Level brings back Soldier’s Cache, and then the minions are roaming again for Pippin, WoBaS.

And then the really fun part. Exert Aragorn four times with Forth the Three Hunters to make whoever’s fighting Legolas stregth -12, and then heal him right back up with 4x Focus. Or exert him 4 times to make whoever’s skirmishing him strength -12, then make Legolas strength +4 with No quicker path, then heal him back up with Focus. Oh, and Gimli’s tough to...against non-hunters, he’s strength 12.

Then there’s archery, and forth the three hunters can slaughter everyone except a weak minion that Legolas can kill to heal everyone.

Ithilien Blade is primarily there because with Ranger’s Cloak on Aragorn, its easy to have minions roaming, and +3 strength is better than +2.

Don’t let Legolas take wounds, that’s the major part. Other than that, have fun. I’ve only spotted one weakness to this deck, condition discarding will rip it apart. But Saruman’s Power isn’t legal in standard Dancing

So, this is my first attempt at a standard legal deck, and I’d like to try to build it. Any thoughts?
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I would get some of that aragorn card that boosts strength when he wins, otherwise looks good.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:09 pm
I was thinking that using forth the three hunters would solve that problem. You think I need other pumps? Think
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
not neccasarily, but it can be useful, then you can use FT3H to have aragorn win, pump gimli with the card, make legolas damage to kill his minions and heal the wounds.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:33 pm
What would I pull? And BTW, I use Ranger’s Cloak/Pippin, WoBaS to ensure I win the crucial skirmishes Aragorn needs. Two exerts, site number +4, Forth the Three Hunters to wound in the archery, and then Pippin then finishes them in the skirmish. That’s how Aragorn wins his skirmishes.
masswelter13
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm
Whoh! Neat one!!!
I think I will try that out...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:43 pm
you could cut a sixth level, maybe even a soldiers cache, the deck is fine as it is, I just thought it would be spamming a bit to much for my tastes not to say anything.
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:58 pm
Hm...I really liked the mini-Pippin engine to pull off burdens, but how can it work without roaming minions? Forth the Three Hunters + Soldiers Cache = 3 wounds + Pippin, WoBaS = Dead Sauron.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm
Don’t use Legolas, Woodland Emissary... there aren’t any other Elves included for him to spot, plus he isn’t even an archer. Smile

I would instead use either Fearless Marksman for some extra wounding, Companion of the Ring for more strength, or one of the Hunter versions of him.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:13 pm
I meant Legolas, of the Woodland Realm. Embarassed I get them mixed up...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard