LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:43 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, I’ve decided to finally buckle down and get to work on my own DC set. It’s going to be based upon the good ol’ gobbos and dwarves, with some action in other cultures. Expect a variety of sites.

It’ll include two keywords, one from Allies of the North and one rejected for Allies of the North:
    Captain X. (Each time this character wins a skirmish, you may make a character of the same culture strength +X until the end of that character’s skirmish.)
    Reinforcements X. (When you play this minion, reveal the top X cards of your draw deck. You may play up to X minions revealed. Put the rest of the cards revealed beneath your draw deck in any order.)

So, stay tuned!
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:04 pm
Preliminary culture card counts:
Dwarven-25
Elven-7
Gandalf-11
Gollum-16
Gondor-6
Men-18
Orc-31
Rohan-11
Shire-11
Uruk-hai-17
Wraith-15
[site]-12

Any comments?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
thonnas7
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:43 pm
Looks good, although 12 sites?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hey, Reinforcements! Thanks, CG, worked hard on that one, I was sad it didn’t make it into AotN!
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 pm
That was one of my favorite keywords, and it’s too bad it lost out.

I’ve got a lot of sites in there, I know, but I want to make it interesting. I’m still unsure about the rarities, but I’ll be working on those.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:00 pm
Given that D’s using a 60-40-40 model, and given that some of these cultures really have more cards than I wanted...here’s a revised count...

Dwarven-9R, 5U, 6C
Elven-3R, 2U, 2C
Gandalf-6R, 4U
Gollum-5R, 2U, 4C
Gondor-6R, 2U, 3C
Men-6R, 2U, 3C
Orc-7R, 8U, 9C
Rohan-2R, 4U, 5C
Shire-2R, 1C
Uruk-hai-3R, 3U, 3C
Wraith-6R, 5U, 5C
[site]-3R, 4U

EDIT: Final count is in! DCs to come soon..
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:44 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:15 pm
All right, starting with the Dwarves (and the Rings!)

(The Ruling Ring is 18 C 1)

•The One Ring, Forged by the Enemy Ring
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +1
While wearing The One Ring, bearer is strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +4) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Skirmish: Add a burden to make the Ring-bearer put on The One Ring until the regroup phase.
18 R 2

2•Balin’s Halls Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Dwarven companion strength +2 for each underground site in the current region.
18 R 3

1 Power of the Rings Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarven companion to draw a card for each Dwarven artifact you can spot.
18 R 4

3•The Arkenstone, Warning-Beacon Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
Fellowship: Add 3 threats (or exert a Dwarf and discard this artifact) and spot X Dwarven artifacts to reveal the top X cards of a Shadow player’s draw deck. Remove 1 for each minion revealed. The Shadow player then places those cards on the bottom of his or her draw deck in any order.
18 R 5

2 Desire for Mithril Dwarven
Condition
Resistance: -1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to take the bottom card of your draw deck into hand.
18 R 6

1 Treasure in the Depths Dwarven
Event • Regroup
Exert a companion bearing a Dwarven condition to draw two cards.
18 R 7

2•Balin, Lord of Moria Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Balin is damage +1 for each underground site in the current region.
Skirmish: If Balin is damage +X and not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to make a Dwarf strength +X.
18 R 8

3•Dain Ironfoot, King of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Resistance: (5)
While Dain is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, discard two Dwarven cards from hand or add two burdens.
Dain is Resistance +1 for each underground site on the Site Path.
Fellowship: Exert Dain and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
18 R 9

2•Gimli, Lover of Deep Places Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Damage +1. While you can spot another Dwarven companion, Gimli is hunter X, where X is the number of underground sites in the current region.
18 R 10

2 Forged From Mithril Dwarven
Event • Response
If a companion bearing Dwarven armor is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add a threat and exert the Ring-bearer to prevent that.
18 U 11

I’ll finish up the Dwarves later...review these!
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:25 am; edited 4 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:40 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

(The Ruling Ring is 18 C 1)

•The One Ring, Hidden in Shadow [ring]
While wearing the One Ring, bearer is strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +4) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Skirmish: Add a burden to make the Ring-bearer put on the One Ring until the Regroup phase.
18 R 2

I’d drop the Vitality bonus and make it resistance +2.

2•Balin’s Halls Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Dwarven companion strength +2 for each underground site in the current region.
18 R 3

Very balanced. Nice job!

Event • Fellowship
Exert a Dwarven companion to draw a card for each Dwarven artifact you can spot.
18 R 4

Maybe put a limit on it, with all the Dwarven artifacts you’ll be adding in this set.

Artifact • Support Area
Fellowship: Add 3 threats (or exert a Dwarf and discard this artifact) to reveal the top ten cards of a Shadow player’s draw deck. You may discard a minion revealed for each other Dwarven artifact you can spot.
18 R 5

Just a couple of gramatical errors. "...of an opponent’s draw deck..." and "...discard a minion revealed for every 2 Dwarven artifacts you can spot...".

Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to take the bottom card of your draw deck into hand.
18 R 6

This seems more like an Elven telepathy card, but hey whatever works. You could probably drop the cost to 1 and remove the resistance downer.

Event • Regroup
Exert a companion bearing a Dwarven condition to draw a card.
18 R 7

Read Delving. It’s a common. Wink

Companion • Dwarf
Skirmish: If Balin is damage +X and not assigned to a skirmish, exert him to make a Dwarf strength +X.
18 R 8

Hmm...I think he should be stronger.

Companion • Dwarf
While Dain is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, discard two Dwarven cards from hand or add two burdens.
Fellowship: Exert Dain and add a threat to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck.
18 R 9

I like him but his Ringed Resistance should be lower. Maybe 3?

Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. While you can spot another Dwarven companion, Gimli is hunter X, where X is the number of underground sites in the current region.
18 R 10

Good job.

Event • Response
If a companion bearing Dwarven armor is about to take a wound in a skirmish, add a threat and exert the Ring-bearer to prevent that.
18 U 11

I like it, although the cost could be 0.

Also, your cards aren’t in alphabetical order.

I’ll finish up the Dwarves later...review these!
menace64
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:51 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

You know, as much as I dislike watching Dwarf decks online, I sure do like reviewing their cards. Hurrah.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
•The One Ring, Hidden in Shadow [ring]
While wearing the One Ring, bearer is strength +1 for each twilight token you can spot (limit +4) and each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Skirmish: Add a burden to make the Ring-bearer put on the One Ring until the Regroup phase.
18 R 2

"The" in The One Ring should be capitalized (I’m a perfectionist, so sue me), and phases are never capitalized inside abilities.
I think this is a really neat ring, but as is my mood for today, I don’t think the subtitle matches the text. Maybe the good ’ole "Weapon of the Enemy" would work here since this is all about using it for strength?

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2•Balin’s Halls Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
18 R 3

I was shuddering until I got to the last two words. Very well-done card. This, being a condition, will let you get the perfect setup for that +6 boost-o’-death.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Fellowship
18 R 4

Cool beans!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Artifact • Support Area
Fellowship: Add 3 threats (or exert a Dwarf and discard this artifact) to reveal the top ten cards of a Shadow player’s draw deck. You may discard a minion revealed for each other Dwarven artifact you can spot.
18 R 5

Beacon, eh?
Very ouch. So you play a couple low cost (all 0, if I’m correct) artifacts (that cant really be discarded by Shadow players), and then for 1 exertion and ditching the artifact you get rid of 4 or 5 minions? To make this beast more powerful, you don’t even *have* to kill it to use it.

It seems too good to me. Let me try something along the same lines:
"... to reveal the top X cards of a Shadow player’s draw deck, where X is the number of Dwarven artifacts you spot. Discard each minion revealed."

Maybe that’d be better, because it won’t kill or reveal so many cards all at once.

EDIT: On second thought, that’s still WAY too overpowered. I don’t know what to do that wouldn’t change the entire flavor of this card.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition
18 R 6

YES!! Someone was paying attention back in FotR-block. Wink You get a GP for this card alone.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Regroup
Exert a companion bearing a Dwarven condition to draw a card.
18 R 7

Hmm. Wouldn’t it make more sense to be a possession or artifact? Or am I missing something?

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
18 R 8

Hey... what’s a balanaced damage +X ability doing in the Dwarven culture?
lol. Nicely done.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
18 R 9

Take the resistance out of parenthesis.
Oh. Haha. What a novel way to do Ringed Resistance. Applause
I like this guy, even if it makes zero sense for him to be a Ring-bearer.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
18 R 10

"Your mom loves deep places!"
Neato card. Well done. Don’t know if he’s rare material, though.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Response
18 U 11

"...bearing a Dwarven armor..."
Fine.

Very good start! I’m looking forward to much more!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:35 am
I’m considering altering Power of the Rings, since it’s basically another Delving with the Rule of 4. What if...I changed the phase on it? Like Maneuver Phase? No...that would make it insanely powerful...perhaps I should just drop the twilight cost to 0?

As for Arkenstone...I like your idea about only revealing the top X cards, where X is the number of artifacts...here’s what I’ll do. You reveal the top X cards, and you get to remove 1 for each minion revealed! How about that?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards