LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Pywils
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:24 pm
i had once tried building a hobbit hospital for block sites with Madril, Ranger of Ithilien and No Stranger to the Shadows, but never finished it. Then i realized Smeagol, Scout and Guide was perfect with a hobbit hospital, because you need ABSOLUTE control over the site path to prevent Anduin COnfluence. And Follow Smeagol is Perfect with that. However, four copies of Come Away is really what makes this deck so amazing. Wound Frodo or Sam and everysingle turn heal them with the Gaffer or Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass.

Frodo, Old Bilbo’s Heir w/ Answer to All Riddles
Sam, Son of Hamfast
Smeagol, Scout and Guide
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence

Cards: 35

Companians
Radagast, The Brown

Allies: (6)

The Gaffer, Sam’s Father
Hobbit Party Guest (2)
Rosie Cotton, Hobbiton Lass
Bounder (2)

Followers (1):
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor

Conditions: (15)
A Talent for Not Being Seen (1)
Come Away (1)
Shadowplay (2)
A Promise (3)
O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! (1)
The Dead City (1)
Scouting (2)
Follow Smeagol (3)
Birthday Present (1)

Events: (9)
Hobbit Sword-play (2)
Make Haste (3)
You Must Help Us (2)
Power According to His Stature (2)

Possessions (3):
Bill the Pony
Sting, Baggins Heirloom
Hobbit Sword

Sites:
Dammed Gate Stream (this should be the first site, play the Dead City or Follow Smeagol with it)
Neekerbeekers’ Bog
Doors of Durin
Expanding Marshland
Mere of Dead Faces

A weakness of this deck is all the twilight it gives out early, but once the game gets rolling it does decent. It chokes -3 for every site, with Come Away, Bill the Pony, and Talent for Not Being Seen. Healing is done by You Must Help Us (helped by Daddy Twofoot), the allies, and by using Scouting to discard Smeagol. USing Shadowplay, and Hobbit Sword Play (which is recycled by Daddy Twofoot), all minions should have a hard time getting by. THe ones that do use Scouting, or cancel Smeagol’s skrimish, and then use PATHS to kill the one skrimishing Frodo.

Thanks in advance for reviews
Last edited by Pywils on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:32 pm; edited 8 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
maybe cut a come away or 2. otherwise looks good. I can’t think what else you could cut.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pywils
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:09 pm
thanks sop. i dropped a Come Away, but sometimes its fun to have a -6 twilight on everysingle site. The deck gets going by like site 5, so its pretty weak agaisnt a forestnazgul early swarm, because it puts out some twilight early. then only 3 companians, it does pretty well suprisingly.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
um first the name that most people use is forestguls and you should pair this deck with them, cause of the awesome ability of Ulaire Toldea, Eighth of the Nine Riders, Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders, Paths Seldom Trodden, and Ulaire Nelya, Lieutenant of Morgul which (if you went second) could keep your fellowship from running into anduin confluence and playing Dammed Gate Stream over and over. also add radagast, the brown to help you comeback if you go second or third. oh yeah, nice sunglass guys Cool
Pywils
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:21 pm
alright. i played this deck one more time against a wounding deck, and i didn’t do so hot, so i’m gonna drop another come away and add Radagast, the Brown, because i fell back in sites. thanks legoles3333. i’ll try to get some forestguls stuff, but i don’t have much expirence there.
Pywils
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:21 pm
alright. i played this deck one more time against a wounding deck, and i didn’t do so hot, so i’m gonna drop another come away and add Radagast, the Brown, because i fell back in sites. thanks legoles3333. i’ll try to get some forestguls stuff, but i don’t have much expirence there.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
On the Choking, all you need is about 1 Come Away and A Talent for Not Being Seen, and then maybe 1 Bill the Pony. Because you can’t reduce a site’s Shadow number past 0.

Habits of Home would be something you might want to consider.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:08 am
Yeah...and with Habits of Home, the shadow number is 0, and you remove 4 each time you move...have a blast!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Pywils
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:36 am
Habits of Home is hard, because i need the marshes for Smeagol, Scout and Guide so i can get one biggy out of the way. Maybe however, this deck is possible by completely removing Smeagol? however, with such control over the sites already Habits of Home could be very powerful.

Alright, maybe i should cut smeagol and abuse Ulaire Toldea, Eighth of the Nine Riders get him extremely powerful. Once that happens no Follow Smeagol. Although that would rise a few problems
1. smeagol’s skrimish get’s cancelled alot allowing hobbits to survive
2. You Must Help Us heals Frodo+Sam a lot.

However this way things could be helpful
Habits of Home and remove all twilight from what I put out
Less cards

I’ll have to try them both out and see which one’s better. if you guys can help me make this decision thanks.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:09 pm
If you can get some ways to heal smeagol, Safe Passage is a great way to remove some twilight... better than Habbits, IMO. But then you’d have a lot of cards that exerted smeagol... maybe use Nice Fish?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open