LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:18 pm
--- description ---
A deck designed for one purpose and one purpose only, to kill Nazgul
--- end description ---

Well...I’ve been thinking about building a deck sculpted to kill Nazgul, and announce that I think I’ve finally got it.

(38 cards)

Ring-Bearer and Ring:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Starting Fellowship:
Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath

Deck:
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond
Aragorn, King in Exile

The Choice of Luthien x 2

Nenya, Ring of Adamant

Phial of Galadriel x 2
Sword of the Fallen x 3
Flaming Brand x 2 (The only reason its open format)
Elven Bow x 3
Aragorn’s Bow x 2
Athelas x 2

Arwen’s Fate x 2
Defiance x 3
Release the Angry Flood x 4
Elf-Song x 4
Seclusion x 4

Bet one, go first. Play the Prancing Pony and pull out Aragorn and Arwen. Arwen’s a ranger, so she can be pulled out with the prancing pony. Elf-Song then pulls off all those burdens, but since Galadriel fully loaded is resistance 11, there shouldn’t be that much of a corruption problem. Flaming Brand x 2 on Aragorn makes him base strength 14 and damage +2 against Nazgul. 4 archery and Sword of the Fallen softens them up, especially with Release the Angry Flood, not to mention that all your companions get bonuses from fighting Nazgul. Glorfindel in particular is nice, and in a desperate case, you can use Nenya to stack cards for him to use. Seclusion gets rid of cards like Blade Tip, Black Breath, Hatred Stirred, and if they run Forestguls, Lost in the Woods and Shapes Slowly Advancing.

Matchups:

Forestguls- Tough match-up, Galadriel can use Defiance and Sword of the Fallen to stay alive.

Nazgul Corruption/Nazgul Turbo Corruption/Enduring Nazgul Corruption/Gates of the Dead City Corruption/Nazgul Auto-Corruption- Pretty tough match-up, but with a resistance 11 RB and elf-Song, you could survive. Gates of the Dead city would be tough, but the choice of Luthien enables you to spread all wounds targeted to Aragorn or Arwen from Shotgun Enquea obsolete, mind Glorfindel, however.

Beatdown Nazgul- Well...seeing as how Arwen, Legolas, and Glorfindel are base strength 10 and Aragorn 14 AND damage +2, pretty easy match-up.

Blade Tip/Black Breath- You could always add Athelas if you think this would be a problem, Seclusion should handle most of it.

Any tips?
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:14 pm
I would add an extra copy of Aragorn’s Bow and Arwen’s Fate. Nice deck! GP
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm
38 cards? Well...you could always pair it with Moria...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:20 pm
I would add Athelas x3, dropping Arwen’s Fate, Sword of the Fallen, and Seclusion.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:25 pm
Yeah....I don’t think dropping a seclusion, though. Seclusion gets rid of ANY condition, whereas Athelas does not.

Dropping sword of the fallen... Think I guess Galadriel doesn’t need one, seeing as how Nazgul don’t swarm, (except Forestguls) and any beatdown that gets to Galadriel deserves to win and probably would regardless of whether you had SotF or not.

And I’ll drop Arwen’s Fate.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
unless you positively know you are facing nazgul, you could have problems, but you probably already knew that Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:12 pm
This deck looks deadly; stay away from my Nazzies! Mr. Green
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open