LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
jws88
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:49 pm
Total: 35/35

Isildur, BoH w/RoR
Ingold
Alcarin

Turgon
Aragorn, CoG
Boromir, DoO
Imrahil, PoDA
Elendil, HKoG
Garrison of Gondor

4x Gondor Bow
Narsil, FbT
Scroll of Isildur
Aragorn’s Bow
Anduril, StwB
Flaming Brand
Blade of Gondor
4x Gondorian Sword
4x Knight’s Mount

Strong and Old
2x Citadel of the Stars
2x Sixth Level
4x Fourth Level

3x The Witch-king, CotNR
4x Enquea, TotO
3x Cantea, TotO

2x The Pale Blade, SoF
4x Ring of Rancor

4x Bent on Discovery
Wreathed in Shadow
2x The Ring Draws Them

3x All Blades Perish
2x Between Nazgul and Prey
4x Keening Wail
2x Dark Powers Strengthen
Dark Fell About Him

Strategy: I’m going for a shadow win with this deck. The knights are there just to hold off the opponent’s shadow, which should work well with 9 companions, the bows, and all the forts. Scroll to help w/burdens. Basically just want to use 4th level and the bows. Wound to death and use the largeer companions to kill off whatever’s left. For the shadow, I just want to corrupt. Keening Wail, The Pale Blade, and Enquea should do this nicely. Bent on Discovery and Dark Powers Strengthen are there to exert enduring guls and keep the cards flowing. All Blades Perish and Wreathed in Shadow should help against unnecessary wounds. Ring of Rancor to help get Enquea back and give him another burden to add. Should corrupt by site 7 most games.

I’ll take any help I can get! Mr. Green
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:44 pm
Since you do have three artifacts, I recommend using Narsil, Blade of the Faithful. Same strength bonus and a vitality boost. Also, you need healing/wound prevention. The Ring of Barahir with Houses of Healing and Citadel of Minas Tirith is an awesome healing mechanism, I use it in my Ranger deck and it heals up my guys crazy (actually, I don’t have CoMT, but it still heals well).

Also, Knife of the Galadhrim would be a good card to get, as you can only have 4 Gondor Bow. Discarding it gives the same effect.

Anyway, hope this helps. PM Ransom and tell him NBarden said that his knights were the best and that he needs to tell you how to build a deck. He’s the undisputed champion with his knights in our club, his shadow side is slightly lacking, but his knights are awesome! I’m in the process of building a shadow to kill him...
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:38 pm
the shadow looks cool, but in a 35 card deck, you may need more minions. add a few other enduring Nazgul, maybe to 12-14 total minions, and vary them. right now you only have three different minions. you might want to have a look at dark swooping shadows. it is more playable. also throwing in one copy of a skirmish pumper can really be a surprize for your opponent.

you might want to check out my latest article about auto-corruption. it uses enduring nazgul and a really broken combo. the link is in my signature.

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm
Nice looking shadow Very Happy

Like machetman just said though, more minions. You’re going to want to bomb your opponent sometimes and it won’t work with so few minions.

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMO cut the gondorian swords, replace with knights spears,( I like the title and ability better) toss all the bent in dsicovery the ring draws them, wreathed in shadow, and replace with 2 more Bnap, and 4x any combination of enduring nazgul. also maybe cut a couple all blades perish and replace with MORE enduing nazgul, and gates of the dead city. Black marshall and iwnged and ominous are good to get exertions(who wants to move again versus an exhausted enquea and cantea?)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Ransom
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 pm
Since everyone else has been talking about your shadow, I’ll try to offer some advice about your fellowship. (Besides, I totally love the knights) Nice job overall. First of all, since the knights depend on their forts, it would really help if you could pare your deck down to 30 cards. It ensures that you draw them in time. Second, you’ve got too many different companions. I’ve found that the knights work best with 2 copies of 3 companions. That way, it’s easier to put in the specialized weapons like Sword of Gondor, since you can be pretty sure of drawing the nessessary companion. Also you can use the extra copies to heal your companions, something your deck is sorely lacking now.
Ps. Ignore NBarden when he says he’s building a shadow to beat me. He’s said that before, but he’s never atually beaten my knights. Very Happy
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:56 pm
Ransom wrote:
Ps. Ignore NBarden when he says he’s building a shadow to beat me. He’s said that before, but he’s never atually beaten my knights. Very Happy

He needs to use Saruman’s Power x4. Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Ransom
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 am
Yes. I most certainly have been beaten by events along that line. NBarden doesn’t ever use those though.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:12 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
with ransom’s advice, you could cut turgon, and/or imrahil, for another copy or 2 of aragorn. Personally though, with my deck with his 4 swords, I think even if he didn’t get fortifications he would be OK to site 3 most likely.(of course my deck is possessions, with fortifications as back-up instead of vice-versa)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded