LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm
--- description ---
Gandalf joins forces with a band of Hobbits in this Expanded format deck. G for Grand and Trust Me as You Once Did increase every companion’s strength.
--- end description ---

Ring-bearer and Ring
Frodo, Wicked Masster!
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Fellowship (33)
Merry, Friend to Sam (starting)
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (starting)
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x4
Aragorn, Ranger of the North
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence
Gandalf’s Staff
Glamdring, Foe-hammer
Gondorian Blade x2
Narya
Hobbit Sword
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
A Light in His Mind
G for Grand x4
Trust Me As You Once Did x4
Strength of Spirit x4
Servant of the Secret Fire x3
Have Patience x2
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:12 pm; edited 5 times in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
a combo I like, is merry, horticulturist, and then you bid, go first play green dragon, fetch bilbo and maggot and have fun. of course you don’t have FM but anyway, right now you have 4 weapons for 5 hobbits. I would increase that to 5, as some of them may get discarded. how are you going to up sam’s resistance? you need salt from the shire.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
how are you going to up sam’s resistance?

AAH!!!

That comment completely ruined my deck as it was, but thank you for pointing it out. Smile

The strategy now is to kill Frodo off, transferring the Ring of Rings to Sam so that he is a really strong Ring-bearer. Aragorn, Ranger of the North is included instead of Bilbo to provide the 3rd Gandalf signet once Frodo dies.

Thanks for the review! GP
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
or just use salt from the shire Wink
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:48 pm
Yeah, but even then you’d have to wait till SftS came into your hand, and it’s vulnerable to possession removal. Plus this way the Ring-bearer is super strong. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
legoles3333
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:17 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
since your playing alot of possessions, how about adding a gandalfs wisdom and maybe intimadate
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:27 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Yeah, but even then you’d have to wait till SftS came into your hand, and it’s vulnerable to possession removal. Plus this way the Ring-bearer is super strong. Smile

yeah, but you have other bonuses until you get it.
gandalf’s wisdom could be useful.
also if you had 2 of them(or even 3) chances are you could get it by your second turn if you cycled
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:30 pm
I tested the deck out a couple minutes ago, and all I can say is WOW. No minion could really touch me, and I was removing burdens left and right with Narya and Sting, Weapon of Heritage.

I’m thinkin’ about switching Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence for Pippin, Just a Nuisance. Both have the Gandalf signet, but HoSI’s text doesn’t really help since I’m killing Frodo off ASAP.

My only quibble is that fierce minions can be a pain, since I don’t have too many damage bonuses. I might look into something to make my guys better at that; maybe a Glamdring for Gandalf or somethin’.

- AC

P.S. I’m throwing so much twilight out there anyways with G for Grand and Trust Me As You Once Did that I don’t really feel the need for Gandalf’s Wisdom. I’d rather just include cards to make my companions stronger.

P.P.S. Since I don’t have the new Anduril yet, I’m using Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith & Gondorian Blade instead of Aragorn & Anduril. It works out pretty nicely, and since my copy of Boromir is spanish I love assigning minions to the ’Defensor’. It just sounds so cool to say "Assigning Ugluk to the Defensor...". Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:04 pm
narrow escape is nice so you can knock enough minions off to be able to safely move again. Treebeard, GotF would be another option for some damage.
"DáinIronfoot"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 am
I switched the deck around a bit, so now the companions are:

Frodo Wicked Masster! (starting)
Merry, Friend to Sam (starting)
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (starting)
Gandalf, Leader of the Company x4
Aragorn, Ranger of the North
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence

So you start off with 2 Gandy signets, and 2 more are in the deck and can be fetched with The Prancing Pony and Green Dragon Inn.

With these stronger Gondorians, not much is surviving till regroup since they have damage bonuses from Gondorian Blade.

A Light in His Mind, Narya, and Good Work are all included to keep the burdens low.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded