LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Pywils
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:33 am
Sam, Bearer of Great Need bearing The Answer to All Riddles

Frodo, Frenzied Fighter
Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer

34 cards

Companions: (2)
Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (2)

Allies (2)
Tom Bombadil, The Master (2)

Conditions (7)
Birthday Present (2)
Home and Hearth (4)
Little Golden Flower

Events (16) (remeber all these events I can play and insane amount of times once one gets in my discard pile. I’ve played 12 No Visitors in one game. If you have Birthday Present and Daddy Twofoot you can get get a Make Haste, 2 No Visitors and a Sworn Companion for no cost if you play Pippin next with 4 Home and Hearth.

No Visitors (4)
Make Haste (3)
Narrow Escape (3)
Unharmed
Community Living (2)
Slunk Out of Sight
Sworn Companion (2)

Possessions/Artifacts: (4)
•Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail
Hobbit Sword (2)
Salt from the Shire

Followers: (3)
•Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor
•The Gaffer, Master Gardener
•Frodo Gamgee, Son of Samwise

This deck functions through cancelling ALL our hobbits skrimishes and then discarding all the minions in the regroup phase. We cancel our skrimishes in 2 ways
1. No Visitors
2. Tom Bombadil, The Master
Both of these cards have a lot of a sacrifice. Each costs some twilight, and No Visitors requires a follower. First we’ll look at No Visitors. For our 3 followers we have the most importnat, Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor, who is key in grabbing No Visitors itself. The other followers don’t do that much other then add burdens and get transfered for No Visitors.

Then once that happens we have to discard all their minions. We do this with Sam, Make Haste, and Narrow Escape
ABUSE Birthday Present. You should add around 5 burdens every turn with your followers, Birthday present and Daddy Twofoot. You remove these through the amazing Pippin Engine (5 burdens each time) and Bilbo can remove three burdens each turn as well. Unharmed is in their for wounding decks.

Overwhelming Sam is rather difficult. He has 5 strength with a hobbit sword and then 7 with his Ring. By playing COmmunity Living and adding two burdens for Frodo Gamgee (who really shouldnt be used too much), will give him 10, and Daddy Twofoot can get you Sworn Companion.

If you do run into Anduin Confluence simply play Tom Bombadil again.

You probably will deck out, but its fine you can play this deck from the discard pile.
Last edited by Pywils on Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:49 pm; edited 9 times in total
yerkamig
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:39 am
At the end you mean Unharmed, not Helpless.

I like this idea, except for the new rule about cancelling skirmishes with the ringbearer. What was it exactly?

Do you think the Farmer and the Brewer might be too much, burden-wise? Especially if you’re not fighting with them too much. I might swap them for somthing like Slunk Out of Sight, which works well with Mithril-coat Dwarf-mail, as it prevents minions from gaining the fierce back.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you are going to need 4 make haste... otherwise looks fine. Oh wait sam cannot have his skirmish canceled, so maybe add a pump or 2 for him. Sworn companion maybe?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:57 pm
Add in make haste and some other pumps and it will be a good solid deck.

PW
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Pywils
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 pm
thanks everyone a lot. Ya i’ll have to see what i can do about Sam’s skrimish. Can his skrimish be replaced by Frodo or no? Because that isnt cancelling its just replacing?
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:57 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ok um well i dont really want to do this but um, WHERE IS SEVERED HIS BONDS?!?!?!?! OR SWIFTLY AND SOFTLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Pywils
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:03 pm
i dont play tower block.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
oh Embarassed well you could have told me that Evil or Very Mad
macheteman
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:17 pm
there is a reason it’s in the "open" section.

the deck looks good.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:13 pm
Tom Bombadil, the Master may be good. He’s pretty effective at canceling Hobbits’ skirmishes
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open