LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Looks pretty good. Yet another very solid 4. If there were some way to remove more twilight, it’d easily creep to a 5...though I don’t know exactly what to recommend for that besides what you already have.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
I thought of a great idea that uses peril to play gothmog for basicly free during the regroup phase. i added a section concering peril, and another section on how to use the bomb with peril to throw out 24 wounds for 9 twilight.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:49 pm
Wouldn’t Banner of the Eye be the card you’re looking for? Check it out!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you misspelled sauron in your 3 hunters match-up. What is it with you and loops this month? Anyway... a pretty good article. It would be nice if you could toss out a scenario and how much twilight it would take(say 4 sites controlled, 6 sites controlled, barren lands, how many wounds it would dish out) if you did that you would get a 5, as it is a 4 from me(will wait to vote)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheJord
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:57 pm
Mwuhahaha! This combo kills! No fellowship can avoid at least 3-4 sites being controlled by site 7-8 and then Gothmog for 1 or 2 twilight. Death. Nothing better than watching a Siege Troop with Gothmog’s Warg take 2 sites and then get discarded by Troop Tower to take a 3rd. Then Gothmog kills everything.

And by the way this might of originally been my idea but mm has expanded on it extremely well.
corvus
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:37 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
TheJord wrote:
Nothing better than watching a Siege Troop with Gothmog’s Warg take 2 sites and then get discarded by Troop Tower to take a 3rd. Then Gothmog kills everything.

Now that is what i call a knower of the ways of the besiegers, HAIL oh Elendil-avatared one!

And HAIL to Macheteman for giving us one more (almost) auto-win combo deck, utilizing Gothmog (Now i know hot to use his 3 foil copies, yeeey! Mr. Green ) one of my favourite minions in this shadow (after the troll of gorgoroth and the assassin...)

Needless to say a 5, and an extra gp... Wink
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:08 pm
OneFathom, the one problem with that card is that the free peoples player can resolve the skirmish with banner of the eye last, and then the twilight can’t be used for the loop. but thanks for your thoughts.

Corvus, thanks for the vote!

SoP, i’m not quite sure what you’re asking, do you want a particular sinario, or a section covering several possible sinarios? either way, i’d be willing to do it, i just want some clarification.

btw, I guess this is Loop Month!!

-mm
Last edited by macheteman on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:10 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
several possible scenarios.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:12 pm
ok, i’ll do that as soon as i can, but it might be tonight.
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:09 am
ok, i added a section containing a few scenarios.

any other commets are appreciated.

-mm
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest