LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BattleWarg
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:31 pm
Thus begins the Gondor culture of Dark Minions. More than a number of others, Gondor supports multi-culture and is able to punish solo-culture decks. Their minions excel a high strength, rather than damage.

Our first cards will be the Gondorians, Elendil and Isildur and their sword...

6 •Elendil, Leader of the Last Alliance Gondor
Minion • Man
12 Strength
4 Vitality
7 Site Number
Fierce. While Elendil bears Narsil, he is damage +1.
Assignment:
Exert Elendil to assign him to the companion with the highest strength. Your opponent may discard a card with a different culture than that companion to prevent this.
’But there were some who resisted.’
DR139

Elendil is able to get to the front of the battle, taking on the strongest opponent in play. It’s fairly simple to counter, and the new Sauron would be unaffected by him (recruiting Isengard and Dunland into the Sauron culture), but old Sauron is much weaker, having to rely on the other half of the deck.

4 •Isildur, Faded Hope Gondor
Minion • Man
8 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
While skirmishing the Ring-bearer, Isildur is damage +1.
Response:
If your opponent reconciles, discard Isildur to make him discard a card from hand (or 2 cards if you can spot 5 burdens).
’The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever.’
DC144

Isildur, on the other hand, helps by being more effective when striking at the Ring, but can also make his opponents weaker for a time by making them have to recover. And their sword...

2 •Narsil, Hand-slicer Gondor
Artifact • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. If bearer is Elendil, he is hunter 2.
Skirmish: If bearer is Isildur, discard Narsil to exert a companion skirmishing him twice.
DR145

Narsil is a decent weapon all by itself, but when held by Elendil, it makes him a very tough opponent to beat. While Isildur can use it as a last shot, most likely exhausting his opponent when he destroys the blade.
Last edited by BattleWarg on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:15 am; edited 8 times in totalOur time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:35 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
BattleWarg wrote:
Thus begins the Gondor culture of Dark Minions. More than a number of others, Gondor supports multi-culture and is able to punish solo-culture decks. Their minions excel a high strength, rather than damage.

Our first cards will be the Gondorians, Elendil and Isildur and their sword...

5 •Elendil, Leader of the Last Alliance Gondor
Minion • Man
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Assignment:
Exert Elendil to assign him to the companion with the highest strength. Your opponent may discard a card with a different culture than that companion to prevent this.
DR139

nice, can’t see him as a minion though

Elendil is able to get to the front of the battle, taking on the strongest opponent in play. It’s fairly simple to counter, and the new Sauron would be unaffected by him (recruiting Isengard and Dunland into the Sauron culture), but old Sauron is much weaker, having to rely on the other half of the deck.

Minion • Man
8 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Response:
If your opponent reconciles, discard Isildur to make him discard a card from hand.
DC144

him, a minion, definatly

Isildur, on the other hand, helps by being more effective when striking at the Ring, but can also make his opponents weaker for a time by making them have to recover. And their sword...

Artifact • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
Bearer must be a Gondor Man. If bearer is Elendil, he is strength +2.
Skirmish: If bearer is Isildur, exert a companion skirmishing him twice. Discard Narsil.
DR145

Narsil + Elendil = ouch

Narsil is a decent weapon all by itself, but when held by Elendil, it makes him a very tough opponent to beat. While Isildur can use it as a last shot, most likely exhausting his opponent when he destroys the blade.
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Man
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Assignment:
DR139

I think it should be "of a different culture". I’d also favor upping his vitality to 4, and perhaps lowering his strength a tad.

BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Man
8 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Response:
If your opponent reconciles, discard Isildur to make him discard a card from hand.
DC144

Cool.

BattleWarg wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
Skirmish: If bearer is Isildur, exert a companion skirmishing him twice. Discard Narsil.
DR145

Yowch! I’d lower the Elendil bonus to +1, or perhaps a hunter 2 instead. And probably reword the skirmish ability "If bearer is Isildur, discard Narsil to exert....".
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
BattleWarg wrote:

Minion • Man
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Assignment:
DR139
make him cost 6, and have 13 strength. c’mon he is one of the great numenorians!

Minion • Man
8 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Response:
DC144
discard a card from hand for each burden you can spot IMO

Artifact • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
DR145

exert isildur for that abilaty IMO.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:01 pm
I combined a number of suggestions... If Isildur could be taken out easier, I’d probably make it per burden, but as a minion that only costs 4 and has no additional costs, I felt he’d be way too strong - he’d be a splashable minion that could (in good circumstances) choke your opponent’s shadow. In a burden deck with a way to play him multiple times, which Gondor has (a little), he could be used to consistently wipe out the opponent’s Free People hand. But combining his ability with burdens made sense, and I wanted to add it so, there you go.

As for today’s cards, we’ll introduce the section of their army that stayed behind. Those who had to wait generations to leave.

1 Blade of the Fallen Gondor
Possession • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
Bearer must be a Gondor Wraith.
Companions skirmishing bearer do not gain strength bonuses from possessions.
DU133

No matter how well they fight, normal blades can’t harm the Wraiths. Not to say they can’t be outfought, just that it’s much harder.

3 Night Voice Gondor
Minion • Wraith
7 Strength
2 Vitality
5 Site Number
Enduring.
Skirmish:
Discard a Gondor card from hand to make this minion strength +1.
"’Now I go to Pelargir upon Anduin, and ye shall come after me.’"
DC146

The convert a card mechanic, turning any Gondor card into a strength pump for himself. I feel it fits, instead of what it once was, it makes this Wraith stronger.

5 •Horde of the Fallen Gondor
Minion • Wraith
10 Strength
3 Vitality
5 Site Number
Enduring. To play, spot a Gondor minion. When you play Horde of the Fallen, you may spot Aragorn to exhaust Horde of the Fallen.
Each time a minion is killed or discarded, make Horde of the Fallen strength +1 (or +2 if that minion was a Gondor Man) until the regroup phase.
DU143

The group of the cursed, the Horde of the Fallen becomes much more reckless when Aragorn calls them. But their numbers swell as time goes on, and more leave the living.
Last edited by BattleWarg on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:42 am; edited 1 time in totalOur time here is ending...

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:56 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
DU133

Nicely done. Smile

BattleWarg wrote:
3 Night Voice Gondor
Minion • Wraith
6 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
Enduring.
Skirmish:
DC146

I would lower his site number to 5 and raise his strength to 7.

BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Wraith
10 Strength
3 Vitality
6 Site Number
Enduring. To play, spot a Gondor minion. When you play Horde of the Fallen, you may spot Aragorn to exhaust him.
Each time a minion is killed or discarded, make Horde of the Fallen strength +1 (or +2 if that minion was a Gondor Man) until the regroup phase.
DU143

I would lower the site number to 5. Nice cards! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:33 am
BattleWarg wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
+2 Strength
DU133

Very good.

BattleWarg wrote:
3 Night Voice Gondor
Minion • Wraith
6 Strength
2 Vitality
6 Site Number
Enduring.
Skirmish:
DC146

I want to say he’s too expensive, though I’m not quite sure. It’s on the borderline between 3 and 2. Maybe increase his strength to 7?

BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Wraith
10 Strength
3 Vitality
6 Site Number
Enduring. To play, spot a Gondor minion. When you play Horde of the Fallen, you may spot Aragorn to exhaust him.
DU143

Make it clearer who’s being exhausted, because right now I would read is as Aragorn, not this minion. I like it, though.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:08 pm
Trying a few things for the Wraiths...

We’ll be showing a few of the more obvious multi-culture support for Gondor to help them out...

1 Cannot Stand Alone Gondor
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion strength +1 for each Gondor Man not assigned to a skirmish.
"’Elendil!’ he shouted. ’I am with you Gandalf!’"
DU136

A fairly simple strength pump, this is a useful card in pure Gondor as well as Gondor splash. The Gondorians are helping fight against a single opponent, giving some, but not all of their skill towards it.

0 Alliance of Men and Elves Gondor
Condition • Support Area
At the end of each of your Shadow phases, spot a Gondor Man and an Elf or discard this condition.
Each Elven minion is a Gondor minion and each Gondor minion is an Elven minion.
DR127

Notice, this does allow other people to get Gondor Elves and Elven Men (and Elven Wraiths), which is fairly uncommon. It works best with Gondor/Elven, but can work with other cultures with Men and Elves. It does not add race, so a GondorElven Man is still a Man, so only a few cards will be usable on them. (Destructive Light, Galadriel, Shadows of Mirkwood, Tree-houses of Lorien can stack but not play)

2 Call for Aid Gondor
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a Gondor Man and spot a Rohan minion.
Your Gondor cards are treated as Rohan cards for all purposes. Your Rohan cards are treated as Gondor cards for all purposes.
Discard this condition at the end of the turn.
"’Only from Rohan now will any men ride to us when we call.’"
DR135

Rohan and Gondor become one (meaning of course, that this could be considered a dual-culture card when it’s in play...). This will provide a similar effect as Loyalty Pledged will with an unwounded Saruman (but without needing anything in play to do it). So Rohan cards that search for Rohan can get Gondor and the other way around. Night Voice can convert either culture. Combined with Alliance, you can have an Elven Eowyn (or Rohan Arwen)...
Technically, of course, it would be ElvenGondorRohan Eowyn and the same cultures for Arwen...
Last edited by BattleWarg on Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalOur time here is ending...

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:14 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion strength +1 for each Gondor Man not assigned to a skirmish you can spot.
DU136

Nice. Smile

BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
At the end of each of your Shadow phases, spot a Gondor Man and an Elf or discard this condition.
Each Elven minion counts as a Gondor minion and each Gondor minion counts as an Elven minion.
DR127

Strange, but cool. Thumbs Up

BattleWarg wrote:
2 Call for Aid Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Your Gondor cards are treated as Rohan cards for all purposes. Your Rohan cards are treated as Gondor cards for all purposes.
DR135

Neat. GP for the original ideas! Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:36 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a minion strength +1 for each Gondor Man not assigned to a skirmish you can spot.
DU136

Interesting. I think I like it. Smile

BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each Elven minion counts as a Gondor minion and each Gondor minion counts as an Elven minion.
DR127

Instead of "counts" I think it should be "may be spotted as". Also, you should probably put a comma between "Gondor minion" and "and each". Very unique idea. GP

BattleWarg wrote:
2 Call for Aid Gondor
Condition • Support Area
DR135

Again, I think "may be spotted as" might be better, but I do like "are treated as" much more than "counts".

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards