LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:08 pm
--- description ---
Unbound hobbit discarding.
--- end description ---

Well here I am at it again. I have played with several possibilities in my mind as I acquired the long awaited cards to make a descent unbound hobbit discarding deck. While I do plan to make others, this is probably one of the most interesting possibilities to me. With that being said, it is of course like all my other decks too large for most people to want to play, but I am running Sauron Trackers as minions and drawing cards too much of an issue. So here we go:

Starting Fellowship: (3)

-Frodo, Son of Drogo
w/ The One Ring, The Binding Ring (just for my preference)
-Sam, Great Elf Warrior
-Merry, Learned Guide
-Pippin, Woolly-footed Rascal

Companions: (8)

-Gandalf Greyhame x4
-Bilbo, Melancholy Hobbit x4

Conditions: (16)

-A Promise x4
-The Shire countryside x4
-Home and Hearth x4
-Consorting with Wizards x4

Events: (10)

-No Visitors x4
-Community Living x4
-Make Haste x2

Possessions: (7)

-Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x2
-Narya
-Hobbit Sword x2
-Sting, Weapon of Heritage
-Mithril Coat

Followers: (4)

-Daddy Twofoot, Next-Door Neighbor
-Hobbiton Farmer, Lover of Pipeweed
-The Gaffer, master gardener
-Frodo Gamgee, Son of Samwise

Grand Total of 48 cards (way too many obviously, you can slim down if you want but with the right shadow you probably won’t have many cards left, I hate running out of cards) Anyway pretty straight forward really, discard the hobbits in the skirmish phase, play one back with Gandalf, greyhame, remove twilight with Bilbo and Consorting with wizards and then play the other back, then choke twilight pool with bilbo again. Bilbo, melancholy hobbit can take back a Shire skirmish event, obvious choice is No visitors. Daddy twofoot, next-door neighbor takes a shire event, so you could take make haste or community living when needed. I think I am going to drop maybe both copies of Make Haste, a Community living, or another card for 3 copies of Out of the High Airs so that double moving would work a little better. I had not really seen much on discarding hobbits or canceling skirmishes on here so I thought it would be cool to share mine. Feel free to make suggestions, I would like to see other possibilities that I might have over looked. Obviously the first couple of sites are a little rough and starting Gandalf is a must, but it does work quite well once you get a couple of the cards out you need for it to work, just need a cycling shadow that will help keeping your opponent from double moving.
"If I could be so easily explained, then I would be predictable. Because of my complicated and vastly enriched existence I am cunning, like the weather that changes capriciously without warning."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:08 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why not treebeard earthborn? I would consider adding more make haste, and with , oh whats it called... ah yes the more the merrier, you could exert pip and merry and play it for 2 and then bye-bye 2 burdens. otherwise it looks like they will chalk up fast.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:03 pm
To tell you the truth that was the card I was waiting the longest on to acquire, and weirdly enough I did not include him in my deck and main reasoning behind it is "every one plays Treebeard, Earthborn in discarding unbound hobbits deck" and I suppose I wanted to use something a little more original (granted I am using the same Gandalf, Greyhame, but in correlation with a Bilbo and Consorting with Wizards to Drain back out the twilight pool so I could play the other hobbit out, and that way I did not have to worry about healing Treebeard...not to mention The Shire Countryside would help to heal Bilbo so he can re-choke the twilight pool again. I had never seen it before and thought I would try something different, you know.? It was fun to play with that is for sure, but I have played with this deck only once, and not against a corruption deck so I am not sure how it would fair against that. Most likely I would have to slow down and play the unbound hobbits more to remove the burdens. As for The More, The Merrier, I didn’t have much problems with burdens cause of Home and Hearth combined with playing in two hobbits the next turn, even with just one out is quite good. It does work good usually once you get to site 4. Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming. I am interested in any strategy I may have overlooked.
"If I could be so easily explained, then I would be predictable. Because of my complicated and vastly enriched existence I am cunning, like the weather that changes capriciously without warning."
yerkamig
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:34 am
You can cut 3 of those Bilbos just by running the Green Dragon Inn
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:37 am
Thanks for the post, haven’t messed with much of the new sites yet so I appreciate you pointing that out.
thejedione
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:11 pm
Im not amazing at this type of deck, but why no Warmed Up a Bit ? It seems to me that would be better than loading up frodo, and you could bring them back with daddy twofoot and bilbo.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:55 pm
Just exert Frodo to exhaust the twilight pool and then finally discard Merry, Learned Guide, then add a burden to discard Pippin, Woolly-footed Rascal. Next turn when you play them back with just 1 home and hearth out removes two burdens, you can then remove those exertions on Frodo by exerting a companion with the Frodo signet to heal Frodo...both of our unbound hobbits here are Frodo Signet so there is that, then when you discard them you remove all tokens and cards borne by them so that essentially heals them back up. Why waste cards when up to 6 possible exertions can be healed the next turn off Frodo, as if I could even exert him that much to begin with. Burdens can be a problem sometimes if you don’t have a couple of copies of home and hearth. Besides everyone plays with Warmed Up a Bit and Severed His Bonds , just wanted to try something a little different.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:16 pm
I have played with this deck several times now, and although it isn’t a running deck, towards the end you can double move with Out of the High Airs after canceling a set of skirmishes with no visitors using both Bilbo, Melancholy Hobbit and Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor to get those cards back into your hands Frodo and Sam are both tanks by this time cause of A Promise and of course Sam’s Game text. Another cool thing is once you get Gandalf’s ring Narya out you can add three to remove a burden, when you remove a burden you may heal a companion (The Shire Coutryside) and if Bilbo has his 3 Consorting with Wizards out you can choke the twilight pool right back down all the while healing his exertions placed for the twilight removal to fight off all those extra burdens from the followers, plus if you need some burdens to remove to The shire countyside (’s) game text adding two burdens to play Narya is always an option. Overall this deck works great, and the minions I am running with it always gives my opponent problems. I will post both the Fellowship and the Shadow side of my deck on here soon and go into a more in depth analysis of each card and strategies involved. But, for now I will say this deck works quite well.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open