LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Hazael
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:52 pm
Format: Extended

I like to make a deck that is hardcore, but I find the game allot more fun when you use something interesting like this one with a little art put into it as well. It contains 14 different ways to wound a minion.
(64 cards)

Starting Fellowship:
Frodo, Tired Traveller
Faramir, Son of Denethor
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver

Companions:
Aragorn, Guide and Protector (try to use Prancing Pony)
Madril, Faramir’s Aide
Mablung, Soldier of Gondor
Gondorian Ranger x2 (or a Damrod if i know im playing against men)

Possessions:
Aragorn’s Bow
Faramir’s Bow
Boromir, My Brother
Ranger’s Bow x2
Banner of Westernesse x2

Conditions:
Shadowplay x3
Ancient Roads x4
Gondor Bowmen x2
Hardy Garrison
Henneth Annun x2
Invigorated x2

Events:
New Errand x4

Stratagey:
This deck can run like hell. If I have Nazgul up against me, I might slow down. Otherwise, nothing makes it past the skirmish phase alive! Minions can’t be stacked on sites, and Frodo is protected from swarm by the many wounding abilities. Minion archery goes to waste on my Pippin, and strength means NOTHING when fighting against these guys.

I use Pippen to exert during the shadow phase and as a archery "black hole". He exerts to do his damage during the shadow phase and then takes what archery he can. On the skirmish phase, i just put him into my hand to heal him and wound a minion twice. Triggering my Hardy Garrison game text again when I use Madril’s ability.
That’s a wound for Madril’s ability, a wound for losing initiative, two wounds for taking Pippin into my hand, a wound for using Madril’s game text again, a wound for losing initiative again, and any more wounds for each New Errand I used. Not to mention the Ranger Bows, Faramir’s Bow, Henneth Annun, or Aragorn’s game text.
If I decide to move again, Pippin doesnt add to the twilight when he is in my hand; so he makes up for the two it costs to play him and to move to the next site in the fellowship phase.

Shadow:
Because my Rangers take such a gamble to keep them roaming, I need to be able to trust my shadow deck. This Southron deck is amazing! It amazes me everytime i play with it. Even with little twilight, it works great.

Minions:
Mumak Chieftain x2
Southron Savage x3
Desert Lord x3
Elite Archer x4
Southron Bowman x4

Possessions:
Mumak x3
Raider Halberd x3

Conditions:
Rallying Call
Field of the Fallen
Arrow from the South x2
Seasoned Leader x3

Events:
Whirling Strike x3

Strategy:
You really have to be playing against this to understand how powerful it really is. I can EASILY exhaust any companion of my choice during the archery phase. Then, I use whirling strikes to deliver a killing blow. If that doesnt do the trike, I get minions with a strength of 25 and fierce for... 6 twilight. or a minion with controlled archery x3 and a strength of 19 for... 6 twilight. Maybe that doesn’t impress you. Its not hard to get a minion strength of 31, fierce, technically ambush 3, and adds 2 twilight each time he wins a skirmish for... 7 twilight.

This was my first deck I started working on, and it is still my favorite!
Last edited by Hazael on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:53 pm; edited 13 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Pipsqueak
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:38 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
It’s alot like my Ranger/Southron deck, but mine dosn’t take as much of a roaming minion gamble.
Good stuff Cool
Long live the southern bros. Homage

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded