LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Glamdring
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:58 pm
--- description ---
Here’s a build I am experimenting with that relies around Dwarven stacking, and making your dwarves win many skirmishes combined with more yet to come to kill the other minions, and move again
--- end description ---

Here’s a build I am experimenting with that relies around Dwarven stacking, and making your dwarves win many skirmishes combined with more yet to come to kill the other minions, and move again:

Ringbearer and Ring:
frodo, weary from the journey
the one ring, the ring of rings

Starting Fellowship:
gimli, feared axeman
sindri, dwarven lord

Free Peoples:(35 cards including Starting Fellowship)
thrarin, smith of erebor
linnar, dwarven lord
battle tested x4
slaked thirsts x4
preparations x2
out of darkness x2
more yet to come x3
on guard x3
ring of accretion
ring of guile
hall of our fathers
loyalty unshaken x3
axe of khazad-dum x4
restless axe
dark ways
stalwart support

Strategy:
Bid as much as you like; maybe around 2-4 burdens. Draw as many cards as possible, as this deck focuses mostly on setting up the Shadow Side. Restless axe can bring back important cards stacked on conditions (you can recycle shadow cards with preparations to), at the same time exerting minions to increase the more yet to come ability. On guard prevents wounds, and can also be used to prevent your opponent discarding your conditions (gimli, feared axeman says that). Out of darkness draws more cards, all depending on your preference. Battle tested makes your dwarves strong, while ring of guile, or preparations (combined with Sindri, dwarven lord) can recycle your events. Now, the importance of the deck is to double move as quickly as possible. So, slaked thirsts stacked on a condition, discard it exert a minion twice, then assign that minion to Thrarin, smith of erebor, who has strong damage bonuses. Finish all the other skirmishes, and make Thrarin win his skirmish, then play more yet to come to kill many of the minions on the table. Then stack some cards on preparations and move again!

Advice needed!

Thanks,

-Glamdring-

NOTE: I don’t really want to put in blood runs chill, because of the cost of that card. But because of the great cycling ability, your Shadow (I am playing Morgul Archery) should set up very quickly to bomb your opponent again and again.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:44 pm
Very nice. I recommend using Durin III, Dwarven Lord in place of Linnar.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:36 pm
I just put Linnar in to add extra healing. Mr. Green

Glamdring
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:48 pm
Does this build seem very universal? I would love to build it!

Apopatos
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:39 am
Looks good but preparations and other conditions adds many twilight tokens so you are gonna have problem with skirmishes involving Frodo. I’d prefer Faramir, bearer of quality and maybe I’d put 1 wish for our kinsfolk and 1 proud and able.
Last edited by Apopatos on Sun May 27, 2007 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Apopatos
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:42 am
Gimli’s battle axe, trusted weapon in the position of one axe of khazad-dum, is nice also coz of its archery ability.
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
because of all the exertions you will take 4x till durin wakes again is a must. use those and bye bye minions. then you could splash gandi 4x traveled leader and terrible and evil to kill minions in maneuver with a slaked thirst maneuver
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:11 pm
that would be cool, but I need to take some cards out.... Think

PorterTroll
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:11 pm
You’ve definitely got to add Durin III, Dwarven Lord. He is a must have for any Dwarven deck, regardless of the beatdown or stacking strategy.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Glamdring wrote:
that would be cool, but I need to take some cards out.... Think

I know and I don’t know what to take out unfortunately.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded