LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
corvus
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
--- description ---
Free Peoples side of Elven Archery Based on Hunter Characters. Need Help to make it top tier!
--- end description ---

Hey guys, i’d like you to help me fix this deck into an almost-invincible wound machine. Consider that it will be comboed with a Forestgul shadow side.

SIZE: 35

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Orophin, Silvan Elf
Rumil, Silvan Elf

Legolas, of the Woodland Realm
Elven Guardian x4

Elven Bow x4
Legolas’ Bow
Sword of the Fallen x3
Nenya, Ring of Adamant x3

Into the West x3
Namarie x3
Shadow Between

Point Blank Range x2
Hearth and Hall x2
Seclusion x2
Lothlorien Guides
Farewell to Lorien
Weapons of Lothlorien x2

I REALLY need halp with this one. I haven’t playtested it yet, but i would appreciate any strong feedback. Let me explain some things:

Companions:

I am pretty sage either going second or first, since in the first case i have with just one threat and one exert an extra archery and a 10 and a 7 strength companions to guard me, given i have NOTHING useful to help me, while in the second case, i just get Legolas down and get many wounds TOO easily (with just one exert and a threat 3 wounds in total).
The Lothlorien Guides help me with more hunter vitality and can skirmish pretty well, even without the sword.

Possessions/Artifacts

The 5 bows need no explanation 7 companions,one is Legolas one is Rumil. The Sword of the Fallen along with Orophin or a guardian give a great boost of strength (Orophin goes 11 and the minion -1 for each wound!!!!). The Nenyas give me some much needed healing along with a card on top for into the west.

Conditions:

Into the West reloads my arsenal to get some extra wounds, and works greatly with Nenya, or it’s just a 50/50 (sorry Galadriel!). Namarie is a perfect condition removal system with all those hunters, but not for Nazgul as it gets discarder first. Imagine it with evil men though.... BYE BYE howdah!Twisted Evil
Shadow Between gives an extra healing for each regroup, perfectly comboed with into the west.

Events:

Point Blank Range a strength +4 pump that works on the RB as well. Twice seems good...
Hearth and hall helps a lot, since if i am set up, i can either draw up to 7 (!!!) cards, or get namarie up and running for some MASSIVE condition removal. If i am not set up however, it is rather useless, so i would only consider adding 1 tops.
Seclusion and lothlorien guides discard more conditions, (Oh how i love Nazgs.. Mr. Green) But i think i should remove all seclusion to get another 2 guides in. Right?
Farewell to Lorien helps a great deal, especially with the ability of the guards to contribute my wounds evenly...
Weapons of Lothlorien helps me do my extra wound job without exerting, OR helps me not exerting A LOT against Nazgul (prevents some 3 exertions!!!)

I NEED OPINIONS!!!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i wuv elves to much, this I am blinded when looking at their decklists. all I c is a flashing Awesome. Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:50 pm
Looks pretty similar to my deck. I already have (most) of the cards for that deck, so I’ve tested it a lot and it’s really really powerful.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:50 pm
Wow! Really neat build; namarie is such a cool card (another seclusion).
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:18 am
Thanks AC, but there are some points that make me sceptical. To use Rumil’s and Orophin’s abilities, i need massive vitality to remove the threats in the regroup phase, i need even more. That means, exerting to use the toil conditions would be sooo painful.

Shadow Between is unique, and i try to make the deck not cloag my hand (i even use hearth and hall twice to get the useful stuff first). Farewell to Lorien adds way too much twilight, and is a disaster against corrupt decks.

Archery events worry and trouble me. Should i remove the weapons of Lothlorien for many miles? On the other side, this way i cannot counter nazgul swarms, which worry me the worst.

Yuor starting fellowship also worries me. It got me thinking. Orophin is a 10 strength safeguard in any case, few things can counter him. On the other side, your SF means a lot more wounding.

I need any help to make this a top-tier one. Thanks everyone!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:40 am
Seen a similar deck in my local meta and it works really well, the only downfall it seemed to have was swarm as directed archery isnt so useful when you just need a lot of it instead, i don’t know what you would take out but Mighty Shot would be a useful swarm stopper. Also wound prevention like riders gear hurts as well but theres not much you can do about that.
TheJord
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:57 pm
SoP loves elves, I love seeing Elves get pillaged. High Vantage Raider deck does the trick... thats the only standard deck I can think of that causes this terrible damage. Or maybe Invincible Uruk-hai.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:
Seen a similar deck in my local meta and it works really well, the only downfall it seemed to have was swarm as directed archery isnt so useful when you just need a lot of it instead, i don’t know what you would take out but Mighty Shot would be a useful swarm stopper. Also wound prevention like riders gear hurts as well but theres not much you can do about that.

hey nice to see another face from the D boards! personally I don’t think PBR is needed, maybe add another SB to make sure you get it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:08 pm
Thanks again for the review SoP, but i would like to have a small balance between skirmish and archery. Imagine drawing a copy at site 8 with Hearth and hall! I’d sure love to make the 9 move then. Moreover, shadow between is unique, and however useful, i would like to keep it to a minimum, as well as other hand cloagers.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well, just thinking about it, Gil-galad is ideal for elven archery, but he isn’t a hunter
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard