LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Glamdring
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:52 pm
What is the strategy of Gondor tokens? I hear of them a lot, but I don’t know what theire main strategy is. Let’s discuss!

Advice appreciated!

-Glamdring-
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:05 pm
The main ones are Noble Leaders and Heirs of Gondor.

The usual starting fellowship is Boromir, Bearer of Council, Aragorn, Strider, Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith and Faramir, Prince of Ithilien. This way Noble Leaders can have the maximum potential. Then you just load your guys up with weapons and beat up some minions. Throne of Minas Tirith helps with keeping Noble Leaders stocked with tokens.

The 5th companion in the deck varies depending on your playing style. Some use Gandalf, Returned for more token adding, as well as the usual Gandalf tricks of burden removing and condition removal. Other decks use Elendil; some use Anarion, Lord of Anorien. There are lots of ways to make a Gondor token deck, and most can be effective.
All cards do what they say.
corvus
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:20 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I have seen them use Elendil and the shadows pathfinder companion (killing him on the first chance). It’s a fairly good strategy,with plenty of condition removal.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:29 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
Throne of Minas Tirith helps with keeping Noble Leaders stocked with tokens.

Hidden Knowledge is also helpful. Smile
I had to put something here.
Glamdring
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:24 pm
Is aragorn, isildur’s heir good to use?

TheJord
Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:28 pm
If your playing a few token cards, like at least 4 or 5. A frightening Aragorn tank right there.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
and then u have the make boromir huge engine... but , oh if you look at strategy articles, I believe it was grasshopper psoted a really kewl one on noble leaders around a year ago.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:13 pm
What is the point of Gondor tokens? I think they just make your Gondor companion stronger (or wound minions with brego, loyal steed).

bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:44 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
brute strength is the main focus of Gondor Tokens.
However you can use the wonderful card Houses of Healing (which wasn’t mentioned I believe) to provide an ever present supply of healing and tokens, although it does tend to flood the twilight pool.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:52 am
I have two decks that seem to make use out of both the apparent strategies for gondor tokens. First i start boromir boc strider denethor lomt and faramir cog. Then i play noble leaders and use tokens for strength. All the tokens i use are for winning skirmshes so just gondor power with the 5th man Elendil with narsil and artifacts to tank.

Second i use faramir poi with boromir boc and denethor lrs to start and pack 4 copies of aragorn isildurs heir and a few copies of halbarad. I use storied homestead noble leaders and heirs to gondor for mass tokens. I then give some1 brego and wound the pants off everything after i exert everything with denethor. Aragorn mops up excess as he gets big and halbarad heals the guy who exerts.

Hope that helps.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion