LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:48 am
I could always pick up another character, although preferably one from a different group than Silvarin.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
shouldn’t this be going on in the discussion thread?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:04 am
this thing is dead. can’t we get the few people together who really want to finish this, and will be very active in the thread, and complete this adventure?
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:05 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
...it was up to me to write for Adalard. I forgot AGAIN.

Let me see what I can crank out for him today, and hopefully we can get this moving again. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:30 pm
I’ll PM CG about it.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:41 pm
I’m out of time, so I’ll have to add the follower later. But here’s Adalard’s section. Let me know what you all think. Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tarcian had gathered himself a bit. His bandaged wounds had finally stopped hurting so badly, but he was still visibly shaken.

Still, even a Hobbit like Adalard could see the resolve in his eyes. He admired that.

The shirriff of Whitfurrows had no particular connection to Curubethion. The ranger had been kind enough to him, but still seemed to view the blooming warrior with a little barely-concealed skepticism. (What he didn’t know was that, like most rangers, Curubethion had tremendous respect for the Shirefolk, especially when cornered.)

However, many of his newfound friends were following the elder ranger, most notably Ryle, who had become rather protective of the young Hobbit.

But their party seemed large enough already, with both of the other rangers, Rorin, Ryle, and Ellar already gathering around Curubethion. It seemed this newcomer needed more help.... “And it might as well come from me,” Adalard whispered to himself, fidgeting with his sword’s hilt and walking as tall as he could over to Tarcian.

“Hullo,” he started. “I am Adalard, shirriff of the Shire, and I wish to aid you and your party.” It sounded very official and brave to the Hobbit’s own ears.

Surprisingly, Tarcian looked up and smiled. “A Hobbit? Well well, I hardly expected to find one of the Shirefolk this far from home. You have been with this party since the beginning, then?”

Adalard puffed his chest out and proudly replied “Yes, Mister Ranger, I have!”

“Excellent!” Tarcian replied, slapping Adalard on the back and handing him a bag. “Here, you may have this,” he said, giving the Hobbit a final nod and ambling off towards the mixed group gathering to follow him.

Adalard furrowed his brow and peeped inside the bag.

“It’s a book!” he exclaimed, pulling it out and blowing a little dust off. “Bullroarer and the Battle of the Greenfields” he said, reading the title. “The Greenfields of the Northfarthing?” he wondered aloud, opening the text.

For a long while, he read in awe about Bandobras “Bullroarer” Took and his brave defense of the Shire against invading Orcs from Mount Gram. He had heard bits and pieces of the tale, but to see it in whole floored the young Hobbit. It fascinated him, and made him feel somehow stronger and more fierce himself. If another Hobbit had been able to knock the head off of Orcs and save the entire Shire, surely he could save himself and a few friends.

“Hello, Adalard.” The Hobbit looked up, expecting to see Tarcian, but instead saw Ryle’s smiling face looking down at him. “We’re getting ready to leave, and I just wanted to say goodbye.”

Adalard smiled, yet felt a wave of sorrow wash over him. He had grown quite fond of Ryle, and the feeling was obviously very mutual. Neither had had much interaction with those of the other race before, but now they each had trouble remembering why.

“Goodbye, Mister Ryle!” was all he could manage, trying to hold the smile in place.

“You’re going to be all right,” Ryle assured him, misinterpreting Adalard’s grimace. “You have more fight in you than many rangers...or even Dwarves,” he continued, smiling back at Rorin. “Tarcian and the rest will be very fortunate to have you along. You’re very brave to go with them.”

Adalard, still not sure what to say, just nodded.

“What was that about Dwarves, lad?” Rorin asked, stepping into their midst.

“Nothing, Rorin,” Ryle said, winking at Adalard. “We all set?”

“Aye. Cerabathian says time is short. ‘Course, he’s always saying things like that.” The Dwarf rolled his eyes a little. “Well, Master Hobbit, you take care of yourself.”

“You too!” Adalard replied as cheerfully as he could.

Rorin nodded and made his way back. Ryle hesitated a moment more. “Good luck, Adalard. I WILL see you when this is over. Stay strong!”

“Thank you!” Adalard said. “I...will miss you.”

Ryle smiled wide. “Likewise, my little friend. But we will see each other again soon. Don’t let those Wargs gang up on you again, you hear?” he chuckled, winked, and followed in Rorin’s footsteps, Aeglirnen letting out a screech as he swooped over Adalard’s head from the trees and settled on Ryle’s shoulder.

“I won’t,” Adalard said softly, but with resolve. “Not again.”

“You are ready then, my good Hobbit?” Tarcian said, coming up from behind. Adalard nodded, handing the book back. “No no, you keep it,” the ranger said, smiling. “I suspected Curubethion might have had a Hobbit along. He has more faith in your people than even I do, and that’s saying quite a bit.”

Adalard blinked and looked over towards the other group. Curubethion was already leading them on, but as if on cue, he looked over towards the pair and waved his farewell. He seemed to be looking right at Adalard.

“Really?” the Hobbit asked, turning back to Tarcian.

The ranger simply laughed. “Come along, my friend. Your presence has already lifted a burden from my troubled heart, and I expect it will not be the last time. Let US now do the hunting!”

Adalard, caught up in the moment and with memories of Bullroarer’s tale running through his head, pulled out his small sword and raised it high, then followed his new leader towards the rest of his group.

The shirriff had become something more. He had become a warrior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2Bandobras Took, Bullroarer Shire
Follower
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Aid – 2.
Tale. To play, spot a Hobbit.
Each time you transfer this to a companion, except a Hobbit or ranger, exert bearer.
Bearer gains hunter 1 for each wounded companion and roaming minion you can spot (limit hunter 4).
Skirmish: Transfer this to your support area to heal bearer (twice if in a fierce skirmish) or remove a burden.
“If another Hobbit had been able to knock the head off of Orcs and save the entire Shire, surely he could save himself and a few friends.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:25 pm
Crying or Very sad that was beautiful.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:05 pm
I added Adalard’s follower, so I think we’re finally ready to continue on! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:26 am
White Windswept Ridge 0
Mountain.
Each minion played from the discard pile this turn is twilight cost -1.

~~Site 7: The Windswept Ridge~~

The next morning, the two parties split up without any further goodbyes. Each traveler knew that prolonging it would only make things more difficult. Each group marched along their separate trails along the dark and frigid mountains. As he walked, Curubethion looked over his group. Duinihir and Dirthon, both hardy rangers, were marching at the head of the group, traveling cloaks wrapped tight against the cold. Behind them walked the three unlikely friends, Rorin, Ryle, and Silvarin. Curubethion smiled. He coudln’t have found a better troupe of warriors anywhere on middle-earth.

However, he thought, as another burst of freezing wind blew his cloack around him, even they might not be up to this challenge...

The Icleblade. It was a legend among those few who knew of it; although Curubethion had always considered it more of a myth than fact. Tarcian, however, had always been a vehement advocate of the Quest... and by now, Curubethion was owed quite a few I-told-you-so’s.

But now the situation was much more dire than he ever could have imagined. The Iceblade was real, and someone out there knew about it... and was obviously willing to go to any end to take it. Their one bit of solace was that whoever else wanted to get their hands on that sword was just as clueless as to its whereabouts as they were.

Talk was scarce amongst the companions; the moment they opened their mouths to speak, the words were stolen away by the harsh, cold wind. The weather was unnaturally violent, and getting worse, as if it was determined to turn them around.

Suddenly, Duinihir let out a cry. There appeared to be a man wearing a tattered cloak lying in the snow. Curubethion rushed forward, but stopped abruptly as the figure got to its feet. Even the battle-hardened ranger let out a gasp.

The man in the cloak was very obviously dead. His skin was blue and rotting, and frostbite had claimed more than a few of his fingers. However, he still had enough digits to grasp a large longsword. From the snow beside the figure rose a group of icewargs, snarling and thrashing. The company raised their weapons and waited for the attack to come.

6 *Icebound Zombie Black
Minion
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Lurker.
When you play this minion, you may play a Black minion from your discard pile. That minion is twilight cost -1 (or -2 if you can spot 6 companions).

2 Rising From the Snows Black
Event * Shadow
Play a Black minion from your discard pile. You may do this again for each companion over 4 you can spot.

And the minons played from the discard pile...

6 Fearsome Icewarg Black
Minion • Warg
Strength: 12
Site Number: 3
Damage +1. Enduring.

2 Darting Icewarg Black
Minion • Warg
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Response: If another Black minion is about to take a wound during a skirmish, discard this minion to wound a companion in that skirmish.

4 Ferocious Icewarg Black
Minion • Warg
Strength: 9
Site Number: 2
Lurker. Fierce.
This minion is strength +1 for each minion not assigned to a skirmish.

5 •Terrible Icewarg Black
Minion • Warg
Strength: 10
Damage +1.

And remember that these two conditions are active:

1 Deathly Chill Black
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a Black minion, each unbound companion is resistance -2.

2 They Are Waiting Black
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Black minion and spot a companion with resistance 4 or less to make that companion strength -2.

White Melting Glade 3
Each time a follower is transfered to a companion, you may add a threat to heal that companion.

~~Site 7: The Melting Glade~~
Tarcian’s group had already been marching for hours, heading down the mountain, but the weather had, if anything, gotten worse. The three elves were getting on well enough, but the man from rohan and the little hobbit could most likely not stand much more of this cold. The sooner he left this mountain behind, the better.

However, over the next few minutes, Tarcian thought he felt the cold lifting. Was it just his imagination, or was the snow he was walking on more slush than wicked ice they were traversing moments ago? Yes, he was sure of it! They were reaching the bottom of the mountain!

But as they came around another rocky corner, they saw a man, heavily cloaked standing in the middle of the path. Around his feet, there was no snow, and as they walked towards him, sure enough, they felt not tough ice beneath their feet, but melted snow and soft grass.

The man in front of them slowly pulled back his hood. His face was pale and white as the snow of the mountain, and his eyes were deep-set in his sockets. Dark hair crowned his head, and fell down to his eyes. As he saw Tarcian, a slow smile crossed his face.

"Tarcian, my old friend!" The man said, in a slow voice. "Have you too ben brought here by our quest?"

Tarcian nodded. "Yes. I came here in search of the Iceblade, as was our quest as rangers of the north. Coming here alone was foolish, however, these warriors behind me saved my life. They were led by our old friend Curubethion. You do remember him?"

A red glint came into the man’s eyes. "Ah, yes, Curubethion the sceptic. How could I forget? I was not foolish enough to travel here alone; I sent a few of my... friends... along to meet him."

"So, Alvarrad, do you wish to join us on our search for the Iceblade? It would be good to have another Ranger of the North with us. What say you?"

"I’m afraid, Tarcian, that I must decline your offer," said Alvarrad a taint of humor in his voice. "It seems that you and I want to find the Iceblade for entirely different reasons. You, my foolish old friend, would have it hidden away, protected. I, on the other hand, want it to be used." The last word was spoken with an undisguised note of longing.

"Alvarrad! The black storm of ice upon this mountain is a result of the Iceblade being awakened, could you imagine what would happen were it used? The whole world would be covered in snow and ice till the end of days! This is folly!"

Suddenly, the air around them turned from pleasant to biting cold, far colder, even, then the storms on the mountain had been. "Folly! Folly, you say? This, this is ambition! When I kill you and take the Iceblade as my own, my master will reward me beyond belief."

"Your master? Oh, Alvarrad, you never were quite clever enough to work without someone else pullng the strings..."

"Enough! You will not be so flippant, when you see what I command!" The dark ranger raised his hands and pressed them together, uttering words that seemed to shake the mountain around them. The wind picked up again, chilling them further, and they found that the slush beneath their feet had become hard ice once more. Shadowy apparations flitted in and out of vision, as if they were undecided about becoming solid. A mass of icy wraiths came into sight around Alvarrad. He waved his hands once, and they swooped down upon the companions.

5 *Icebound Wraith Wraith (bearing Alvarrad, Dark Messenger)
Minion * Wraith
Site: 3
Each companion with resistance 4 or less is strength -1.

3 Searching Spectre Wraith x2
Minion • Wraith
Strength: 8
Site Number: 2
Response: If this minion wins a skirmish, exert a minion to assign this minion to the leader.

4 Frost Spectre Wraith x2
Minion * Wraith
Site: 3
This minion is strength +2 for each Free Peoples follower attached to a companion.

And remember, these are also in play:

1 Deathly Chill Black
Condition • Support Area
While you can spot a Black minion, each unbound companion is resistance -2.

2 They Are Waiting Black
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Black minion and spot a companion with resistance 4 or less to make that companion strength -2.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:42 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
can we make anythings to help?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards