LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:05 pm
If a minion is killed, is it also considered to be discarded from play? If not, it will totally ruin the Men possession swarm.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheJord
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:00 pm
The rulebook says "place all killed minions in the discard pile" (Shadows Starter Rulebook). Sounds like it counts as being discarded.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:26 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Quote:
When a character’s vitality is reduced to zero, that character is immediately killed. Reducing a character’s strength to zero does not kill that character. (See wound, overwhelmed.)
Place killed Free Peoples characters in your dead pile. Place killed minions in your discard pile.
When a card that provides a vitality bonus for its bearer is discarded, that bearer is immediately killed if his vitality is then reduced to zero.

The entry for "discard" doesn’t touch upon this situation at all...but it does cross-reference "killed" at the very end. So I’d say the Rulebook says YES.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:04 pm
Thanks, I had a feeling I was right. So for a minion, after being killed it is discarded. So, it’s something that can be responded to.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
tomekb
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:09 am
Place killed minions in your discard pile - it’s not the same as "discard minion"!!!!!!

Discard minion is "discard minion from play". If you discard minion stacked at Ceremonial Armor during maneuver phase to prevent wound you can’t stack it back at possession.

Discard is only "discard from play" not kill, not discard from possession, not discard from hand, not discard from draw deck.

Word "place" is not the same as "discard"
bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:23 am
Being killed is the same as being discarded for minions.
All cards do what they say.
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:38 am
Very authoritive Bib. This discussion is getting out of hand on NB’s dirt cheap infinite loop standard deck.

And this discussion between the word place and discard is going to result in some knee capping’s if it isnt ended.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:50 am
I think its a bit of a moot point whether they are killed, discarded or placed. Minions havent got a dead pile, even if they die they go to the discard. So all minions get discarded regardless of how whatever happens to them. I can see the argument for a minion being killed if the card is phrased with the word killed but essentially they still get discarded.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:55 am
Its like I said on NB’s deck thread, when a card is killed it enters ’the void’ so all things associated with its death can be resolved ie Slag Mounds then put it where it belongs. For minions this means the discard pile.

Beware the knee capping.
JayPL
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:20 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:
Being killed is the same as being discarded for minions.

NO, no, no Exclamation d'oh!
Guys - it is quite simple logic:
1. When a minion is killed, it is placed on the discard pile.
2. When a minion is discarded from play, it is placed on the discard pile.
3. Placing on the discard pile is NOT an equivalent but a result of discarding from play (or killing).
4. When a minion is killed, it is NOT discarded from play

A question:
which one of the above is not true Question

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions