LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:47 pm
This thread is out of hand. It seems obvious to me and I dont understand why other people cant see it. Minions are killed and then put in the discard pile, or, discarded.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:36 pm
Being put in the discard pile is the same as being discarded. Just like being put in the dead pile is the same as being killed. Until Decipher rules otherwise, this is the correct way to play.
All cards do what they say.
JayPL
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:55 am
TheJord wrote:
It seems obvious to me and I dont understand why other people cant see it.

I can say exactly the same Cool

You say X=Y
I say Y is a consequence of X, X is NOT a consequence of Y.

Pity RoS cannot be played online - then it could be checked

I give up further discussion Speak to the hand

PS. Thanks Felipe for your support Very Happy
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:51 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You’re welcome! I’m intrigued as to what the outcome will end up being, though...
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK this thread confuses me to no end. bib please PM me to clarify what is going on, I want to understand this but don’t quite get it right now.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well SoP what is going on is we’re trying to decid if minions losing all their vitility and "dying" is the same as "Discarding" minions with cards like What are they because if it is not the same, the whole infinite evil men loop falls apart, currently i think bib just made a statement that says that by default Diying is the same as being discarded for minions
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Confused ok I think that made things clearer(from polluted oil slick to polluted river in the midst of a city) Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:22 pm
Personally, I *think* it is the same.

If the rules say that when a minion dies, it is discarded, then that solves that. And if the rules say that when a minion dies, it goes to the discard pile, well, isn’t that the very defination of discarding?

Anyways, there are a lot of rule flukes like this that D needs to make clear, but I doubt they ever will.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
elf lvr wrote:
And if the rules say that when a minion dies, it goes to the discard pile, well, isn’t that the very defination of discarding?

That depends. Do you PLAY skirmish events for them to take place, or do you DISCARD them? Wink
I don't like YOU.
alehaak
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:41 pm
Felipe,
i think you PLAY it and when it finishes what it is doing it is discarted!

Smile

What i understand after all is:

Killed = Discarted
Discarted <> (different) Killed

is this ?!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions