LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 pm
The definition of discarding is placing in the discard pile. If a card is placed in the discard pile, it is discarded. Much like if a card is placed in the dead pile, it is killed.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:47 pm
Then, based on bib’s statement, the new Men infinite loop is legal?
I had to put something here.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:36 pm
Yes it is, unfortunately.
All cards do what they say.
Ransom
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:47 am
I really hate to disagree with Bib, but check out last days. It plainly says "Killed or Discarded" which would seem to indicate that there is some difference between the two. If killed = discarded then there would have been no need to say it.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am
Yeah its weird actually disagreeing with Bib but there must be a subtle difference. Throne of Minas Tirith says "killed or discarded" just like Ransom says is the same with Last Days. Both events, either a card saying discard a minion or one thats says a minion is killed, result in a discard however for decipher to state on some cards that both these conditions can be met seperately it indicates that they are unique. Killed is discarded but for gameplay purposes if it is killed it is ONLY killed for triggers not discarded. Technically it looks like the trigger for discard happens before the minion hits the d pile as the check was made when it was killed. Earlier I think it was spezderchly that said that some mordor threat adding guy works the same on lotr online and he’s right. If decipher have patched that hundreds of times and he still works differently depending on if he dies or gets discarded proves that they are seperate things in terms of in game gameplay.

I havent bothered to read the broken loop pages related to the debate so i don’t know to what end people are arguing and what is at stake but there IS a difference. And again I’m not sure the difference it makes will have an effect on the gameplay. Maybe being killed and discarded triggers both maybe it doesn’t i think only Decipher can answer this. Shame after the big hoohah over on the d boards as well about this, not one authoratitve D guy has stepped in with a moderator comment to confirm one way or the other. Can’t be too hard can it? Unless they don’t know.... Razz
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
corvus
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:51 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Quite probable. Check out the new hook. "Reinforce a token twice!" Laughing

Don’t count on D for quality gametext cards anymore...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 pm
Last Days has redundant text. Lots of cards are like that.

Yes, there is a subtle difference between killed and discarded: all killed minions are discarded, but not all minions are killed.

The rules say that when a companion is placed in the dead pile, he is killed. Therefore, if a card is placed in the discard pile, it is discarded.
All cards do what they say.
legoles3333
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:49 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
so what bib is trying to say mathamatically, is X = Z and Y = Z where X = Placed In The Discard Pile, Y = Killed, And Z = Discarded
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:42 pm
Bib is right again! Applause
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:12 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Hum... Let’s say bib has a good point AS WELL. However, until OFFICIAL clarification is released from D, then both interpretations seem EQUALLY correct.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions