LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:51 am
Hey all, i don’t really do DC’s however i do enjoy being petty and silly in games particularly where thievery is involved i.e. nicking peoples freeps tokens using corsair freebooter etc..

That and a question by TheJord on the gameplay forum gave me an idea for a few DC’s. So here goes:

2 We Come To Kill Uruk-hai
Event • Response
If an Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish spot 2 Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai to take control of a site or transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
Even their allies are their enemies.
R

1 •Take Back The Lands They Stole Men
Condition • Support Area
To play spot a Men minion and add a Men token here.
Each time another shadow card takes control of a site place a Men token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 Men tokens from here to take control of a site or transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
"The horsemen took your lands..."
U

I think this one is funny cos you get tokens reinforced when the opponent takes sites so you can sit back and then steal one from him. Muhaha!

etc... Well you get the idea. I thought it was amusing anyway. Mr. Green
Last edited by lem0nhead on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:44 am; edited 10 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
3 We Come To Kill Uruk-hai
Event • Response
If an Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish spot 3 Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai to to transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
R

Really cool idea! I like that. One problem: you have too many "to"s in there. Razz

lem0nhead wrote:
2 Take Back The Lands They Stole Men
Condition • Support Area
Each time a card takes control of a site place a Men token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 Men tokens from here to transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
U

Not quite sure about the wording of the second part. Maybe "each time a player takes control of a site, place a Men token here." I like the card, though.

These have the potential to really cheese off a fellow Shadow player, but that makes them fun indeed. Mr. Green Have a GP for a really cool and unique idea...I may even use that in my DC sets. Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Really cool idea! I like that. One problem: you have too many "to"s in there. Razz

Fixed!

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Not quite sure about the wording of the second part. Maybe "each time a player takes control of a site, place a Men token here." I like the card, though.

Changed slightly so should make more sense.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

These have the potential to really cheese off a fellow Shadow player, but that makes them fun indeed. Mr. Green Have a GP for a really cool and unique idea...I may even use that in my DC sets. Very Happy

Please feel free! But let me know when you do so i can see how they fit into your DC. And seeing as you seem to be the DC king if you want to make your own variations of this theme i’d love to see them. Thanks DI.

O and cool custom title! Just noticed hehe...
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:21 am
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Please feel free! But let me know when you do so i can see how they fit into your DC. And seeing as you seem to be the DC king if you want to make your own variations of this theme i’d love to see them. Thanks DI.

O and cool custom title! Just noticed hehe...

It’ll probably be a little while yet before I use it. I LOVE the idea with Dunland and Isengard, but their site control doesn’t come around until my third set The Way Into Mordor--focused on The Two Towers--which I haven’t spoiled ANY of yet.

But yeah, I’ll let you know when we get there. Smile

EDIT: Oh, I just changed my title like 15 minutes ago. Razz That’s why I dropped from 109 GP to only 9. I was saving up for that one. Very Happy

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:24 am
Ok cool when you get there give me a shout and ill rustle something up for those cultures. I love being a "liar and a thief" in gameplay!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:26 am
You got it! Thumbs Up

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:37 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Event • Response
If an Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish spot 3 Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai to transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
R

Cool, just overcosted and worthless in two-player games. Perhaps something like this would be better:

0 We Come To Kill Uruk-hai
Event • Response
If an Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish, spot another Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai to transfer a controlled site from another player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
R

That way you could steal a site from the Free Peoples player if his Shadow side controlled sites.

lem0nhead wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time a shadow card takes control of a site place a Men token here.
Shadow: Remove 3 Men tokens from here to transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
U

See above. If it could steal a site from the Freeps player that’d be cool.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:43 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Event • Response
If an Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai wins a skirmish spot 3 Uruk-hai Uruk-Hai to transfer a controlled site from another shadow player’s support area to yours. You now control that site.
R

Sweet! Very Happy

lem0nhead wrote:
Condition • Support Area
U

I think you could safely drop the cost to 1 and make it unique. Awesome idea! Applause
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 am
AC: I always forget all you forum dwellers seem to play one on one whereas i only play with 3 other people so to me this is funny, but i take your point and your alteration would be sound.

AP: Cheers matey! Made the change, as i realised that condition needs to be unique or it gets daft.
legoles3333
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:23 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
lem0nhead wrote:
Hey all, i don’t really do DC’s as i haven’t the time to dedicate to thinking about them and all the possibilities for them. However i do enjoy being petty and silly in games particularly where thievery is involved i.e. nicking peoples freeps tokens using corsair freebooter etc..

That and a question by TheJord on the gameplay forum gave me an idea for a few DC’s. So here goes:

Event • Response
R

hehehehe we were talking about this in the gameplay questions board

1 •Take Back The Lands They Stole Men
Condition • Support Area
U

lol funny but good

I think this one is funny cos you get tokens reinforced when the opponent takes sites so you can sit back and then steal one from him. Muhaha!

etc... Well you get the idea. I thought it was amusing anyway. Mr. Green
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards