LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Frenzy of Arrows?

5 (Best)  
89%
  [ 17 ]  89%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 19
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Holy crap! For 2 twilight, you get an automatic +2 archery, and then against a follower deck it can be easily +6 or even +10 or +14!

And then retrieve it with Isengard Underling, and retrieve the Underling with Goblin Hordes...

But the Orc culture really needs a bit more archery stuff to make this more lethal. I can definitely see a big archery deck with Orkish Lackey to finish people off, and Orkish Hammer to exert the people you want.

Definitely a 5 from me, and once the Orc culture gets more archers I would need to give it a 7. Laughing

- AC
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:38 pm
Hordes + Underling + Anything = broken.

But this card is fine by me. So long as D doesn’t give Orcs a huge archery theme. They have enough wounding already.

And Orcs are becoming known for follower hate. This card is a next logical step. Although very powerful. I would have made it Rare.

Stricly by playability, 5.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:38 pm
2 archery is nice, +2 for each follower is better. Especially if you run Demoralized/Rapid Reload with Desert Wind. SWEET! 5.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Hordes + Underling + Anything = broken.

But this card is fine by me. So long as D doesn’t give Orcs a huge archery theme. They have enough wounding already.

And Orcs are becoming known for follower hate. This card is a next logical step. Although very powerful. I would have made it Rare.

Stricly by playability, 5.

its called follower tax Very Happy
with minion followers this kills. 1 saruman, + 2 archery, and if they make more...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:41 pm
Oh yeah. Saruman = 4 archery. Ouch. Then play it at Isengard Ruined.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i am suprized no one though of shadow followers before. broken broken broken Crying or Very sad
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 pm
Wow, this is like Orc Bowmen on steriods! Plus you can have up to four copies in play! Very nice card. Hobbit and Gandalf Men decks are dead now. 5.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:58 pm
Imagine 4 copies of this, plus 4 followers in play. The minion archery total is 40. For about 10 twilight. Um, nice. Shocked

A 71 from me! Razz
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 pm
Except... it’s not four copies in play.

It’s an event, if you haven’t noticed.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Bam! One amazing card. I love it! Oh, and did anyone notice the similarity between this pic and Orkish Assassin? (Especially because both deal with similar ideas...true, different events, but the pose of the one orc is very similar)

EL, 4 copies of this played for 10 would still have the same effect, even if played as events. Although I agree, it’s not very likely.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit