LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
hblika
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:00 pm
Ring-bearer / Ring
Isildur
Ring of Rings

FP
1x Alcarin (starting)
1x Ingold (staring)
3x Boromir, HoO
2x Garrison of Gondor
1x Imrahil

3x Gondor Bow
3x Banner of Westernesse
2x Catapult

3x Men of Numenor
1x Last Throw

4x Fourth Level
3x Fifth Level
3x Sixth Level
1x Stone Tower
2x Strong and Old

Shadow
4x Castamir of Umbar
3x Black Numenorean
4x Corsair Marauder
3x Corsair Brute
2x Corsair Plunderer
2x Corsair Ruffian

4x Raider Halberd
4x Black Sails of Umbar
2x Ships of Great Draught

3x Red Wrath
2x Quelled

Standard wounding knights. Fourth Level + Gondor Bow kills anything except MD enduring Nazgul. Cue Stone Tower Smile This fellowship will kill any wounding or beatdown shadow. Weak against corruption, and Forest Nazguls abusing Broken Homestead is annoying. Boromir heals everyone (well, not quite) each time he wins, and is THE key to the deck.

Also, I love Catapult! Its text might seem a bit random, but it actually works more often than not (and even better in a MP game). And it’s pretty good for filtering also Wink

A fully set up fellowship can survive almost everything, so don’t be afraid of playing Last Throw at site 6 and run to Mount Doom Smile

Ah, how I enjoy playing corsairs. So many options. Play Castamir every site, swarm with Black Sails, or just cycle like mad setting up your fellowship for the run if you notice you manhandle the opponents shadow. The best part though, is to always make sure there is 5 twilight in the pool, and make your opponent worry about Red Wrath, whether you have it or not Very Happy Count the twilight tokens often, look at your hand, smile... High-level psychological warfare LOL.
Last edited by hblika on Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:56 am; edited 1 time in totalI'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:10 pm
Looks solid! Personally I'd add a couple copies of Aragorn, Captain of Gondor (or maybe Elessar Telcontar) just to have an extra companion, but with the Banners and Mights you probably don't have much trouble keeping your fellowship alive.

For the Shadow, I'd consider a Raider Bow or two for the twilight generation -- good combo with Red Wrath, real or fake. Smile But again, it's a solid build, I wouldn't know what to take out.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
hblika
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:04 am
I could probably take out a couple of Brutes and replace them with Bows...
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
hblika
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:53 am
I finally got hold of a foiled Ingold Very Happy
Only a few cards left until I have an all shiny FP side!

Too bad Boromir never will be foiled goodness Sad
solis
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:47 pm
Just wanted to add to the FP side:

knights = 9 companions deck=)
if ure should go for 9 comps then play faramir(the one that reveals top 10 cards) aragorn knight, elendil knight+narsil^_^ and hrm, dont remember his name but he wounds minions wearing forts for exerts in manuver(he is better then you think:P)

also i would take out 2 catapult for 2 saplings, also scroll of isildur is very good vs the corruption(the saplings help the scroll and elendil AND can prevent from crowdcontrol wounding)
If you lose well at least know why.
hblika
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:15 am
solis wrote:
knights = 9 companions deck=)

I'm only playing expanded games, and know that as soon companion number 6 hits the table, Enquea, LoM starts doing his thing.

solis wrote:
if ure should go for 9 comps then play faramir(the one that reveals top 10 cards) aragorn knight, elendil knight+narsil^_^ and hrm, dont remember his name but he wounds minions wearing forts for exerts in manuver(he is better then you think:P)

I'm not a big fan of either Faramir and Aragorn. Catapult lets me cycle at will (negating Faramirs ability), and allthough Aragorn's healing ability is good, healing has never been aproblem with this deck.

solis wrote:
also i would take out 2 catapult for 2 saplings, also scroll of isildur is very good vs the corruption(the saplings help the scroll and elendil AND can prevent from crowdcontrol wounding)

Saplings and Scroll of Isildur would be nice additions to my deck, but not of the expense of Catapult. I will consider removing the Men of Numenor's though. Smile
solis
Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:57 am
Well you see the nasty thing with knights when lom is dropped(and you got that mighty wounding companion in manuever i spoke about) is that he is the one that dies, unless someone is like exhausted or so:P and faramir is nothing i skirmish alot with, he is just there for the exertions in sixth level =) and aragorn is a nice healing/vitallity boost

knights is lacking of 2 thing; burden removal and vitality. thats how it is :X
If you lose well at least know why.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard