LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
AragornDoFP
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:07 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Revised Noble Leaders Deck (36) (Includes Treachery and Deceit cards)

Ring & Bearer:
Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom (Possibly Ring of Rings if corruption is prevalent in your Meta).

Adventure Path:
Prancing Pony
Mount Doom
Imladris
Westfold Village
Helm’s Gate
Neekerbreekers’ Bog
East Road
Anduin Banks
Hobbiton Market

Fellowship (2):
Faramir, Captain of Ithilien
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith

Companions (3):
Elendil, High King of Gondor x2
Aragorn, Thorongil

Followers (2):
Faramir’s Company x2

Possessions/Artifacts (17):
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Anduril, Sword that was Broken*
Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir
Faramir’s Sword
Ithilien Blade
Sapling of the White Tree x4*
Throne of Minas Tirith*
Brego, Loyal Steed
Crown of Gondor*
Scroll of Isildur
Ranger’s Cloak x4

Conditions (Cool:
Noble Leaders x3
Stewards Legacy x3
Heirs of Gondor x2

Events (4):
City of Men x2
Dagger Strike x2

Ok, this is pretty straight forward, you start with 3 of the 4 Noble Leaders, you use Prancing Pony to pull Aragorn, Thorongil at site 1. So basically you start with Boromir who can be strength 10 with the ring on, Faramir with Hunter 2 can be strength 9, Denethor who’s strength 8, and pull Aragorn who can be strength 10 with Hunter 2.

Elendil gives Boromir an extra +1 to his resistance, as does the Ranger’s cloak, and with Scroll of Isildur, Boromir can easily be resistance 11. You bid to go first, pull Aragorn and stop at site 2. You let your opponent move to site 3 so you can play Imladris, when you get there you remove the two burden’s on Boromir or you can save it for site 6 in case you need it.

At the sanctuaries you use Denethor to pull all of your weapons With Steward’s Legacy this also gives you Muster to help if your hand gets clogged. As can Crown of Gondor while also pumping up your companions to make sure they win their skirmishes and reinforce tokens for the Throne or Noble Leaders, or even Heirs to Gondor.

All the artifacts makes sure Elendil is a beast and boosts Boromir’s resistance. Plus it makes it more difficult for the Shadow player to discard your weapons. You also have Anduril, and the Throne for discarding enemy possessions and some condition removal.

You could drop the 4 pumps completely or splash in a Gandalf LotC, and Foe-Hammer for additional Burden removal. City of Men can come in handy if you face besigers or Sauron. This way you only see them once and can discard the minion after. Or you could add a couple of Invigorated to make sure Faramir can heal the exertions if necessary.

Faramir keeps you healed if you do lose any skirmishes and at the same time you can cancel any minion special abilities with Steward’s legacy. The added vitality from Ranger’s cloak also helps Faramir for exerting, and makes sure to keep your companions at the minimum resistance for the Bog and more healing. With huge pumping capabilities from conditions and possessions you should have little trouble double moving.

Shadow: Evil Men Archery (36)

Minions: (16)
Mumak Commander, Giant among the Swertings x2
Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor x2
Archer of Harad x3
Fletcher of Harad x3
Southron Murderer x3
Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop
Mumak Rider x2

Possessions: (16)
Pavise x3
Countless Companies x2
Howdah x3
Caravan from the South x2
Messenger’s Mount
Rapid Reload x2
Wielding the Ring x3

Events: (4)
Elevated Fire x2
Whistling Death x2

Obviously this is just about wounding, Mumak Commander throws out targeted exertions wearing down companions like Aragorn. The Mouth of Sauron will help set up the possessions in the support area, and wielding the Ring. This will lower resistance to get extra exertions at the Bog. If they have a large fellowship the Anduin Banks will help cut the vitality and then Elevated Fire and the Howdah’s can finish them off.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:03 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
This looks sweet! Gp
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:02 am
The deck looks good. I think both sides could be trimmed down to 33 or so, though. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 am
Echoed AP and SoP very nice solid combos with all the right cards!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AragornDoFP
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:09 am
Thanks guys! AP what would you suggest cutting?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:14 am
For Freeps, I would cut Ranger’s Cloak, Stewards’ Legacy, and Sapling of the White Tree.

For Shadow, I would cut Wielding the Ring, Southron Murderer, and Messenger’s Mount. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I concur with Ap.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard