LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:50 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I think we can all agree that Age’s End is, for the most part, a disappointment...and that’s just being polite. There’s plenty of OTHER words we could use. Razz

But it’s not ALL bad. There are a smattering of good cards in the set. Personally, I think the new Aragorn and Boromir are quite good, as well as both new sides of Gollum (Gollum AND Smeagol). The new Pippin is very cool, especially in Expanded, and the new Watcher is a little meh, but not too shabby at all. Still Twitching is the most balanced of the new "hot potato" conditions, and a pretty nice help for Dwarves’ general lack of hunters.

What else? There has to be SOMETHING you like.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Dravius
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:17 am
I like the fact it is back to basics, except for some cards, the big majority of the set ain’t broken at all. Stern words is strong, nertea is annoying (esp againt rohan with frodo and ring of doom on cavern entrance on site 2) but the set looks like real fun playing with (at last a good splashable grima since the 5th age).
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:24 am
Standard legal Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:32 am
Yeah, after looking over the set I can honestly say that it’s better than I thought. I especially like Aragorn, Boromir, and Pippin.

But they still did an awful job on the fellowship keyword, and there the hot-potato conditions are for the most part overpowered. And then there are some crazy-powerful cards like Nertea and The One Ring.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:40 am
I really like the new Smeagol. He makes for a great Ninja Gollum / Solo Smeagol ultra cycling deck with Incited and Not Easily Avoided.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:01 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
the new smeagol is sweet! and most of the companions ARe pretty cool.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Turin06
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:31 pm
Balrog makes me drool
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 pm
Gollum is cool and will be a great addition to Standard format.

In expanded, I’ll stick with Stinker. His Frenzied Attack can really kill.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:33 am
As I said in some other topics regarding this subject, I think that Age’s End is more an epic set than one to bring us the best cards we can imagine...

I totally agree with Dravius GP the new Éomer and Legolas are just twisted versions of their legendary form... the watcher is great because combining him with the old tentacles you can make a much more viable build; Balrog is back again in the most threatening shape yet... that is so cool Very Happy

Also I think this set will be cooler for the ones playing since FOTR, who remember some remarkable moments of the game, such as greenleaf, the first gollum cards, eomer TMoR and a rainbow fellowship witch is SO rare to see these days.

At least this is what I was expecting from Age’s End set, and in my opinion, Decipher delivered it.
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:23 pm
I really liked the new Gandalf. Cool pic, cool ability, how could it get better? Seriously, Gandalf is really splashable and awesome in the area of preventing events.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion