LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Corsair Halberd?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:34 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...

A bit expensive, but for a guaranteed damage+ its not that bad. Also a way to take control of sites, but first you have to actually kill the companion. Its okay, I guess, but it takes too much work IMHO. I’ll stick with the other weapons like the Boarding Axe.
It also lets the FP player resurrect someone if they happen to draw another copy of that companion.

Meh. There’s been worse; mediocre at best. a 3.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:36 pm
Love the special ability, that gets a 5 but costs 3? Damage +1 is good but for 3 you can have a minion that would be more useful. Think it deserves a 3.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
raptor22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:39 pm
There are two good things about this:

First, Bearer must be a Men minion, not a Men Man, so Saruman and Ted Sandyman can use it.

Second, If you combine it with Countless Companies, you can save it until late in the game when the ability is useful.

AgentDrake
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I had forgotten about Countless Companies.
Still it seems like a great effect, especially with Sandyman turning those into +2 for every minion, but way too much work for it.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Man, this is the set of a thousand Men weapons, eh?

I give it a 4 also, partly because it’s an awesome way to completely remove companions from the likes of Borne Far Away and Pinnacle of Zirakzigil, which is nice.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
raptor22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:49 pm
Oh, well spotted, Dain. "No sorry, Gandalf is dead. Really dead. You can’t have him back." Laughing
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:55 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
raptor22 wrote:
Oh, well spotted, Dain. "No sorry, Gandalf is dead. Really dead. You can’t have him back." Laughing

Yeah, and I don’t think Shadow cultures really have a way of doing that other than this card, do they?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Piecesofeight
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:56 pm
It could be decent if played on a fierce minion, however, I would say it is overcosted. Probaly because it isn’t a rare.
raptor22
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:03 pm
Anyone notice the synergy between this and Corsair Grappling Hook?
Control 2 sites for every companion you kill! Cool
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:34 pm
Overcosted. The damage bonus is nice, but the site control ability is less than mediocre.

A 3. Neutral
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit