LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
menace64
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:08 am
I was feeling bummed out last Friday. Really bummed. I felt like spoiling myself to improve my mood, so I drove over to the local Hobbytown USA, where I knew they had a lot of LotR cards gathering dust on the shelf.

I walked in, and - sure enough - 3 boxes worth of RotK, 2 packs of FotR, and a few Mount Doom starters and packs. I told the owner I wanted to buy his LotR cards, and then asked if I could get some kind of discount for getting so many.

I kid you not:

He immediately replied with, "F*** yeah! I’ll give you a HUGE discount to take these!"

I wound up buying 92 packs of cards, each pack for pennies on the dollar (spent around $112). I saved over $200 and - coupled with my incoming RotK box from Cobra - I should have the entire set by the end of the day!

And, yes, I stopped feeling bummed out after that.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AdultLink
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:21 am
yeah when a card shop in my town was going out of business last year they were selling packs for $1 each. I bought all their remaining black rider packs i believe.
Haves/Wants
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:30 am
That is a good deal. Shocked
I had to put something here.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:47 am
Congrats! Applause Deals like that don’t come everyday.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:55 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow. I need to check stores in this area. I may be able to catch up with long-established players more easily than I thought.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:21 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
lol
bout 6 months before we left the states,
this card shop by us was closing, so me and my bro each got a booster box and a anthology
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Yeah, I went up to a guy in Nebraska who was clearing out, and he sold me 20 copies of Frodo, Resolute Hobbit (Promo) for $1.50

And all his rares were $0.25 each, I got a War of the Ring Anthology for $15, and starter decks for $2 each.

Yeah, I was thrilled.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:22 pm
NBarden wrote:
Yeah, I went up to a guy in Nebraska who was clearing out, and he sold me 20 copies of Frodo, Resolute Hobbit (Promo) for $1.50

And all his rares were $0.25 each, I got a War of the Ring Anthology for $15, and starter decks for $2 each.

Yeah, I was thrilled.

... Shocked Ok, now THAT’S a deal. What did you do with all the extra Frodos?
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:27 pm
Traded ’em to my friends and AC. And I still have several left, like 6 or 7, I think. Maybe less. He’s my ring-bearer of choice for each deck with Frodo, except for my Three Hunters/Ranger Pippin Engine deck, with which I use Frodo, weary from the journey.

Its really fun to run Frodo, Resolute Hobbit w/ The One Ring, The Ring of Rings. My brother got so mad that he only added 11 burdens with his corruption deck. Laughing

EDIT: 3 AI and 2 Regular, 3 are decked.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 1:37 pm
When I was in a tournament once, I was doing a multiplayer standard game against 3 other people. Anyways, the game ended with one of my opponents in first place. So how do you determine placement of the others, burdens, then wounds, then threats ect. right? Well, my other opponent was using an Elven hunters deck with Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom and The One Ring, The Ring of Doom. They had 4 Elven companions out total, right? So I had with me at the end of the game an Elven Legolas, Elven Stalwart and Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men deck with the same ring-bearer, except for The One Ring, the Ring of Rings. I had only 3 Elven companions left at the end. None of us had any burdens. I took second away from my other opponent due to my 8 resistance vs. their 7. Laughing

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion