LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Whisper in the Dark?

5 (Best)  
83%
  [ 15 ]  83%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 18
Foresight
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:27 pm
"Broken" is an understatement, it’s gotten to the point of "Use Treachery and Deciet cards or lose"! Not talking
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:25 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
As somebody pointed out earlier in this thread, follower discarding will become a priority with this card. Boromir’s Horn will solve Gondor’s problem with this card. Just discard those followers to get rid of Whisper.

But I don’t like the lack of enforcement. IMO, it should’ve been:
"To play, spot a Men minion. Bearer must be a follower. Each time bearer is transferred to a companion, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion."

Now, look at the cultures hurt by it...
Gondor, Rohan now have followers, but they can discard them with horns.
Shire has followers, but also lotsa healing, and high vitality.
Gandalf has plenty of followers, but the ents are extremely tough, even against this.
Elven has followers, but plenty of healing.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
so its overpowered but not neccasarily broken. the other solution is transfer all your followers to a companion, then either return him to hand(merry ST, PIPPin WOBAS, Make haste) or kill him.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:47 pm
Where’s the cultural support? I do however like the idea of a condition that goes on a follower, it’s about time they had some detrimental effect besides aid

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit